What's new

Metal music lounge

Yeah, it's really not a type of music every person can enjoy. And there are so many different styles within metal that even a 'metalhead' has certain styles he will listen to and certain which he will not. I myself listen to a bunch of different music... everything from Nusrat to Disgorged to Ice Cube to Pink Floyd works for me :P

i post melodic death/doomdeath these days -- not goth/folk/progressive... only occasiona;y listen to thrash/heavy

:angel:

some old fav songs

Last edited by a moderator:
Ozzy doesn't really have much to do with the creation and propogation of metal as an art form and a musical genre. Tony Iommi deserves far more praise than Ozzy - he was the man who wrote the riffs and songs for Black Sabbath, after all. Ozzy was just a singer - an above average one at that.

true but Geezer wrote the lyrics Tony played the riffs Ozzy sang along he is indeed the godfather of metal its because of Ozzy's guitarists for his success most notably the late Randy Rhoads Jake E Lee and Zakk Wylde in solo careers this new guy Gus G is good but Zakk wylde is better than him

true but Geezer wrote the lyrics Tony played the riffs Ozzy sang along he is indeed the godfather of metal its because of Ozzy's guitarists for his success most notably the late Randy Rhoads Jake E Lee and Zakk Wylde in solo careers this new guy Gus G is good but Zakk wylde is better than him

Dude, Ozzy's solo albums with Randy, Zakk etc hardly contributed at all to metal. No doubt they were good, but from a musical standpoint they were unimportant and did not push the boundaries of metal at all. They were just working under boundaries that were already defined - and ironically not even the boundaries of Black Sabbath, Ozzy's solo stuff is more influenced by late 70's Judas Priest. The only thing groundbreaking about Ozzy's solo stuff was RANDY RHOADS Guitar skills, he opened up a lot of new things and showed the world a bunch of new tricks that later guys like Pantera would take into their music but overall from a musical standpoint - that includes composition, etc - it's not much important. Rhoads also played for other bands btw, such as Quiet Riot - so I won't call Ozzy's solo stuff important for even Rhoads guitaring.

Anyway, here is one of my favorite melodic death metal tracks. It's not my favorite genre but I notice people here mostly like melodeath.

Dissection - Black Dragon - YouTube

Brilliant track.

Ozzy osbourne was not the pioneer of metal, Deep Purple were pioneers, the other bands followed them later.

i post melodic death/doomdeath these days -- not goth/folk/progressive... only occasiona;y listen to thrash/heavy

:angel:

some old fav songs

Windowpane is my favourite song from Opeth. I didn't like their latest album, They were totally off colour.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've just listened to some of the Randy Rhoads live recordings from 1981/1982 on the 2011 reissues of Diary of a madman and Blizzard of Ozz and i have no doubt in my mind that Rhoads will be forever the worlds most underrated guitarist and 2 days from now will mark 30 years since his tragic death i can't bring myself to why we lost such a great person. RIP Randy you will be forever missed.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom