What's new

Merkel to award prophet cartoonist

If arabs cut oil their currency wont even worth toilet paper because USA will immedeatly nullify its dollar peg. Remember arab currencies excluding UAE have no value of their own because they are fiat currencies and are traded to a fixed peg to dollar for KSA and Euro for Kuwait.

Free speech is a fundamental pillar of modern democracy and liberal society. It is also good to recognize courage.
If you want to give an award to a Nazi, thereby making a fool out of your country and showing yourself to be anti-semitic go ahead. The Europeans won't stop you, they won't try to kill you afterwards and there will be no riots in Germany because of it. Is it a terribly clever move though?

If you feel the need to "come back" with something, how about a cartoon on Christianity, more precisely Catholicism. It could even be a very offensive one that involved the recently published child-molestation scandals and show the pathetic hypocrisy of not being allowed to have $ex as a catholic priest. Many in the west would be deeply offended I'm sure. If you do it right, some around the world might applaud you for your courage and using Free Speech to touch on an important issue of our time (like the cartoonists did). Nobody will try to kill you (not even for the Nazi one). And then in a year you can give that guy a prize. That would be a smart move. Am I expecting too much?

Your call.

P.S. Yes we have some historically-grounded restrictions on Free Speech in Germany and yes, they should be removed. Although not being able to incite genocide is not really comparable to complying with Religious censorship I agree that it is a little bit hypocritical. Not the issue here though, so please don't waste time and space on it again.

Last edited:
Not sure whats the hoopla is about. People get all worked up for nothing.

Nobody will try to kill you (not even for the Nazi one). And then in a year you can give that guy a prize. That would be a smart move. Am I expecting too much?
Lol, if Merkel begins praising the Nazi ideology and handing awards to Nazi organization, I'm sure Germans would be quick to denounce her, at the very least.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel is set to pay tribute to the Danish cartoonist who caused uproar in the Muslim world by drawing insulting cartoons of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).

Merkel is scheduled to address a ceremony about freedom of press in Potsdam, near Berlin on Wednesday where she will give an award to Danish cartoonist Kurt Westergaard, organizers of the event said in a statement on Tuesday.

"We still know what no freedom means and we should never forget how valuable liberty is. Press freedom is one of the features of a free democracy," Merkel was quoted as by AFP.

The 75-year old cartoonist, who offended Muslims across the world, will be awarded the M100 Media Prize 2010.

The blasphemous cartoons were first printed on September 30, 2005 in Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten, and were reprinted repeatedly in different newspapers in over 50, mostly Western, countries.

The move by Western media sparked anger among Muslims across the globe, provoking mass protests by the community who demanded Westergaard be punished.

Westergaard announced in June that he would retire from the Jyllands-Posten newspaper in a bid to ease tensions over his insulting cartoons.

PressTV - Merkel to award prophet cartoonist

Let the same press to publish her Naked Pictures and then tell her to be silent make no obligation due to press freedom.

Holocaust was a lie, is a lie, will remain a lie. Where is my award guys.

Free speech is a fundamental pillar of modern democracy and liberal society. It is also good to recognize courage.
If you want to give an award to a Nazi, thereby making a fool out of your country and showing yourself to be anti-semitic go ahead. The Europeans won't stop you, they won't try to kill you afterwards and there will be no riots in Germany because of it. Is it a terribly clever move though?

If you feel the need to "come back" with something, how about a cartoon on Christianity, more precisely Catholicism. It could even be a very offensive one that involved the recently published child-molestation scandals and show the pathetic hypocrisy of not being allowed to have $ex as a catholic priest. Many in the west would be deeply offended I'm sure. If you do it right, some around the world might applaud you for your courage and using Free Speech to touch on an important issue of our time (like the cartoonists did). Nobody will try to kill you (not even for the Nazi one). And then in a year you can give that guy a prize. That would be a smart move. Am I expecting too much?

Your call.

P.S. Yes we have some historically-grounded restrictions on Free Speech in Germany and yes, they should be removed. Although not being able to incite genocide is not really comparable to complying with Religious censorship I agree that it is a little bit hypocritical. Not the issue here though, so please don't waste time and space on it again.

"anti-semitic"

I hope you know some of us are semitic. LOL

Holocaust was a lie, is a lie, will remain a lie. Where is my award guys.

Shout that in the streets of Germany and you'd get arrested or jumped.

Lol, if Merkel begins praising the Nazi ideology and handing awards to Nazi organization, I'm sure Germans would be quick to denounce her, at the very least.

Of course, I was talking about "you guys", whatever that means, but some here suggested making such cartoons that praise Nazis or give them awards. Also there is a big difference between denounce and threaten to kill/try to kill (as happened to the cartoonist)..

Let the same press to publish her Naked Pictures and then tell her to be silent make no obligation due to press freedom.

You really don't understand the concept at all and since I tried before to explain in many other post you are either unable or unwilling to understand, so I guess you have to suffer the consequences of your ignorance. Enjoy.

"anti-semitic"

I hope you know some of us are semitic. LOL

Don't use such a weak deflection, you know very well that this word is commonly understood now to mean hatred for Jews.. -.-
Also if that is all you have to say to that post, kudos for completely missing the point and acting like a 12 year old.

So what happened to sensitivity, sentiments, emotion arguments from those who are against the building of Islamic center? Now it's all about legality?

Anyway, I'd say this is not a wise move but if they want then so be it.

Why dont we behave tit for tat..award some neo nazi and call it freedom of expression too....I think she is doing it because Ahmedinejad really pissed off germany by hosting anti-holucast painting contest.

she awarded to the writer the award cos ahmedinejad did anti holocaust

you raise anti holocaust cos she did that..

You think no one will do anything after u do that??

think about how to end it.. now how to continue hostilities..

peace my friend.. is a state of mind. Unless you want something to bother you.. it will never bother you.

Last edited:
Well, It is hypocritical to go on and on about freedom of speech but if someone doubts the Holocaust ever happened, you lock them up. I know that it's a very emotive issue in Germany but then so is the depiction of the Prophet of Muslims.

The important thing here is that if someone offends you in any way, Boycott them. Don't use their products and ban imports from that country. Threatening to kill someone because something they did is Medieval.

Is muslims are against making cartoons of prophet or just against this one which is allegedly racist ?

AYE MARD-E-MUSLIM TERI GHERAT AKHIR JAGE GI KAB ??

WO HAMARE QURAN KO JALANE KA PROGRAM BANAYEN TU FREEDOM OF SPEACH AND DEMOCRACY

WO HAMARE NABI KAREEM(S.A) KE KHAKY BANNYEN TU FREEDOM OF PRESS ,,,,,

AUR HUM ????

YA ALLAH HAMARI HALAT PAR REHAM FARMA HAME IS ZILLAT BHARI ZINDAGI SE AK DIN GHEERAT KI MOUT ATA FARMA

100 SALA GIDATH KI ZINDAGI SE 1 DIN SHEER KI ZINDAGI NASEEB FARMA

ALLAH AP LOGON KO FATAH NASEEB KARE AUR ALLAH AP LOGON KO KAMIYABI ATA FARMAYE ,,, CAHE GHAZI HO KAR CAHE SHAHEED HO KARAFGHAN TALIBAN
COZ U KNOW WHAT IS A SOLUTION OF YAHODO NASSARA

AYE ALLAH TUM NE HUME (PAKISTAN ARMY) KO TAKAT ATA FARMAYE AB AK HIMMAT AUR AK NAIK INSAN (LEADER) BHI ATA FARMA AMEEN

<(_|_)| AKBAR

:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom