What's new

Meet Priyanka Das, North East Assamese girl who developed navigation of Rafale fighter jets

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
SOURCE: The Northeast Today News

Manipur_-RAMO-warns-not-to-interfere-in-developmental-works-11-701x389.png

Meet Priyanka Das from Dhemaji, Assam, achieving her dreams and reaching the sky heights has made her name as one of the few to work for the development of the satellite navigation wing of Rafale Fighter Jets, which will be used for Indian Air Force in the year 2019.

Das is a PhD student at ISAE-SUPAERO and is working on satellite navigation systems in cooperation with Safran Electronics and Defense.

Recently, She has been honored French Nationality by the French Govt for her immense contribution towards the navigation system of Great ‘Rafale’ Aircrafts.

Passionate about space, Priyanka started her academic career with Bachelor’s Degree in Physics (Honors) from St. Stephens College, University of Delhi. Later, she joined Ecole Polytechnique for its 4-year Ingénieur Polytechnicien program (promotion X2013), specializing her third year in Data Science. She joined ISAE-Supaéro during her fourth year for a double degree masters in Aerospace Engineering, specializing in Autonomous Systems and Data Science.

She has not only earn fame but has also made her family as well as the entire state proud.

SOURCE: The Northeast Today News

Manipur_-RAMO-warns-not-to-interfere-in-developmental-works-11-701x389.png

Meet Priyanka Das from Dhemaji, Assam, achieving her dreams and reaching the sky heights has made her name as one of the few to work for the development of the satellite navigation wing of Rafale Fighter Jets, which will be used for Indian Air Force in the year 2019.

Das is a PhD student at ISAE-SUPAERO and is working on satellite navigation systems in cooperation with Safran Electronics and Defense.

Recently, She has been honored French Nationality by the French Govt for her immense contribution towards the navigation system of Great ‘Rafale’ Aircrafts.

Passionate about space, Priyanka started her academic career with Bachelor’s Degree in Physics (Honors) from St. Stephens College, University of Delhi. Later, she joined Ecole Polytechnique for its 4-year Ingénieur Polytechnicien program (promotion X2013), specializing her third year in Data Science. She joined ISAE-Supaéro during her fourth year for a double degree masters in Aerospace Engineering, specializing in Autonomous Systems and Data Science.

She has not only earn fame but has also made her family as well as the entire state proud.

Another innovator. Hats Off. :-)

Good going Priyanka Das.
can you provide some details, history wheer she was born, education and current status, Nationality, Please.

Very bright girl happy to see that I always have respect for people who take their studies and carriers with utmost seriousness.

Kudos!! and sad for loss of immensely talented person to foreign country. Had she been in India, would be fighting exam to get into DRDO to enjoy lunch and tea breaks.

Not yet mate. She is still a PhD student it seems. There are prospects for this super brain to return back (Provided the Government give her a good incentive to do so). :)

Good going Priyanka Das.
can you provide some details, history wheer she was born, education and current status, Nationality, Please.

Q: Can you tell us about where you are coming from and what is your academic background before the PhD?
A: I am from India, with roots from Assam, the state in Northeast India known for its tea, and which gave me my mother-tongue. I was born in the city of Shimla in the Himalayan mountains, and I grew up in New Delhi, the capital. I was always very passionate about Space so I started my academic career with a Bachelor’s degree in Physics (Honors) from St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi. Wishing for a slightly more multidisciplinary approach to science, I then joined Ecole Polytechnique for its 4-year Ingénieur Polytechnicien program (promotion X2013), specializing in my third year in Data Science. The fourth year, when we have the possibility of joining another ’école d’application’, was when I joined ISAE-Supaéro for a double degree masters in Aerospace Engineering, specializing in Autonomous Systems and Data Science.

Q: Why did you decide to enter a PhD program and why ISAE-SUPAERO?
A: The story goes back to my 2nd year at Polytechnique. I had the fantastic chance of participating at the Caltech Space Challenge 2015 at Pasadena, USA, where I met a lot of scientists from NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and many motivated students. The experience was great, but it also made me realize I was pretty much amateur when it came to Space and lacked experience in research. Therefore, I decided to pursue a PhD. ISAE-Supaéro is arguably one of the best institutes for aerospace in Europe, if not the world, with really good professors, and I did not wish to waste this opportunity while I was a student there.

https://www.isae-supaero.fr/en/news...das-a-phd-student-at-isae-supaero-working-on/

In India she would be teased for her looks and called Chinkii or Chinese. Good she left India and did something with her life.

Q: Can you tell us about where you are coming from and what is your academic background before the PhD?
A: I am from India, with roots from Assam, the state in Northeast India known for its tea, and which gave me my mother-tongue. I was born in the city of Shimla in the Himalayan mountains, and I grew up in New Delhi, the capital. I was always very passionate about Space so I started my academic career with a Bachelor’s degree in Physics (Honors) from St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi. Wishing for a slightly more multidisciplinary approach to science, I then joined Ecole Polytechnique for its 4-year Ingénieur Polytechnicien program (promotion X2013), specializing in my third year in Data Science. The fourth year, when we have the possibility of joining another ’école d’application’, was when I joined ISAE-Supaéro for a double degree masters in Aerospace Engineering, specializing in Autonomous Systems and Data Science.

Q: Why did you decide to enter a PhD program and why ISAE-SUPAERO?
A: The story goes back to my 2nd year at Polytechnique. I had the fantastic chance of participating at the Caltech Space Challenge 2015 at Pasadena, USA, where I met a lot of scientists from NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and many motivated students. The experience was great, but it also made me realize I was pretty much amateur when it came to Space and lacked experience in research. Therefore, I decided to pursue a PhD. ISAE-Supaéro is arguably one of the best institutes for aerospace in Europe, if not the world, with really good professors, and I did not wish to waste this opportunity while I was a student there.

https://www.isae-supaero.fr/en/news...das-a-phd-student-at-isae-supaero-working-on/
Smart Girl, made the rite choices.

The district of Dhemaji in Assam is well known for being a hub of academic activities churning out civil servants, researchers, IITians and doctors in numbers in a state which generally fare poorly in these selections compared to rest of India.

She has done her state and country proud!!

Not yet mate. She is still a PhD student it seems. There are prospects for this super brain to return back (Provided the Government give her a good incentive to do so). :)
If she will return to india, i hpoe so she will become valuable asset for ISRO and other defense institutions of India

and do what? drink gallons of tea at HAL/DRDO and discuss how to plan protests when the govt tries to privatize any of the PSU's!

If she will return to india, i hpoe so she will become valuable asset for ISRO and other defense institutions of India
A person can't handle anything single handedly unless there is a support structure and resources to accomplish projects and I'm sure Dassault or any other top notch firm is willing to provide those to talented people. In India, except for ISRO, none of the other DPSU's are as effective or are willing to provide the support mechanism as most of the employees are recruited based on their reservations but not through merit. She would be better off when private Indian defense firms take up large scale high complexity projects

I think that Priyanka Das from Dhemaji Assam is supportive of Assam's succession from India...

I wonder how she feels about the sale Rafale fighter jets in India?

I think she is, I'm not a 100% sure... I will try to find references.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom