What's new

Medical student Asma Rani’s murderer ‘pardoned’

So under Pakistani law, I can escape with one planned murder (non-brutal, eg. single shot to the head) if I can afford it, right?

Not unless the relatives of the victim as well as the courts forgive you.

In India, head of state can only commute death sentence to life imprisonment. Cannot free the convict.

You seem to be ignorant of your own laws, The President can grant pardon in all cases where the sentence given is the sentence of death:

Under Article 72 of the Indian Constitution, the President shall have the power to grant pardons, reprieves, respites or remissions of punishment or to suspend, remit or commute the sentence of any person convicted of any offence where the sentence is a sentence of death.

(Pardon removes both the sentence and the conviction and completely absolves the convict from all sentences, punishments and disqualifications)

So, under Indian laws, theoretically speaking, you can get away with ten planned murders if you can afford to buy off/convince the President/Cabinet. Now, tell us which laws are more "shitty"?

Last edited:
Girl's father denies he acted under duress or took money

SAMAA | Siraj Khan - Posted: Aug 30, 2021 | Last Updated: 6 days ago

Medical student Asma Rani (File)

A man convicted and sentenced to death for the murder of medical student Asma Rani has been ‘pardoned’ by her father, SAMAA Digital has learnt.

Rani’s father Ghulam Dastageer says he had faced threats but he decided to pardon the killer only for the sake of Allah’s blessings after consulting with local notables and ulema.

Mujahid Afridi had gunned down Rani on January 27, 2018, in Kohat after she turned down his marriage proposal. The young prodigy had named Mujahid in her last statement recorded on the video.

Dastageer said Mujahid Afridi’s family visited him at his home and implored for pardoning the killer.

“They wronged my daughter but I have decided to pardon the culprit for the sake of Allah’s blessings,” he said.

“I was also receiving threats in connection with the case and I was also told that ‘we are in the government, so you should consent to the settlement’ but I was adamant that I will see Asma’s killer at the gallows,” Dastageer said.

He said after consulting with local notables and ulema he made the decision for the sake of Allah’s blessings and he was thankful to all the people who had supported him in the case.

Mujahid Afridi’s family and the Kohat Police confirmed that a settlement had been concluded.

The police say Dastageer pardoned the death sentence convict Mujahid Afridi at a Jirga, and the formal declaration of the settlement would be announced at the Kohat Tabligi Markaz next Sunday (on September 5).

Meanwhile, Asma Rani’s father has been accused of making the decision under duress or in exchange for money. Dastageer has rejected the claims in a video message.

Who was Asma Rani?

Asma Rani was a 3rd-year MBBS student at the Ayub Medical College Abbottabad.

Rani’s family hails from Lakki Marwat district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, but they lived in Kohat.

The video statement that Rani recorded before she breathed her last went viral and led to the arrest of Mujahid who had fled to Saudi Arabia.

“Mujahid Afridi,” she clearly names the killer after repeating his first name three times.

The video caused outrage in the country.

After the murder, Mujahid Afridi fled to Saudi Arabia, where he was arrested by Interpol at the request of Pakistan. He was extradited in March 2018.

Security concerns caused officials to move the murder trial to Peshawar from Kohat after the initial few proceedings. In June 2021, a Peshawar court sentence Mujahid Afridi to death, acquitting two other accused Shahzeb and Siddiqullah.

what a animal... i hope Allah punishes him in this world and next.
Pardon by Relative is a shitty law - no matter what religious garb you make it wear.

so will Modi pay for Gujrat massacres?

Girl's father denies he acted under duress or took money

SAMAA | Siraj Khan - Posted: Aug 30, 2021 | Last Updated: 6 days ago

Medical student Asma Rani (File)

A man convicted and sentenced to death for the murder of medical student Asma Rani has been ‘pardoned’ by her father, SAMAA Digital has learnt.

Rani’s father Ghulam Dastageer says he had faced threats but he decided to pardon the killer only for the sake of Allah’s blessings after consulting with local notables and ulema.

Mujahid Afridi had gunned down Rani on January 27, 2018, in Kohat after she turned down his marriage proposal. The young prodigy had named Mujahid in her last statement recorded on the video.

Dastageer said Mujahid Afridi’s family visited him at his home and implored for pardoning the killer.

“They wronged my daughter but I have decided to pardon the culprit for the sake of Allah’s blessings,” he said.

“I was also receiving threats in connection with the case and I was also told that ‘we are in the government, so you should consent to the settlement’ but I was adamant that I will see Asma’s killer at the gallows,” Dastageer said.

He said after consulting with local notables and ulema he made the decision for the sake of Allah’s blessings and he was thankful to all the people who had supported him in the case.

Mujahid Afridi’s family and the Kohat Police confirmed that a settlement had been concluded.

The police say Dastageer pardoned the death sentence convict Mujahid Afridi at a Jirga, and the formal declaration of the settlement would be announced at the Kohat Tabligi Markaz next Sunday (on September 5).

Meanwhile, Asma Rani’s father has been accused of making the decision under duress or in exchange for money. Dastageer has rejected the claims in a video message.

Who was Asma Rani?

Asma Rani was a 3rd-year MBBS student at the Ayub Medical College Abbottabad.

Rani’s family hails from Lakki Marwat district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, but they lived in Kohat.

The video statement that Rani recorded before she breathed her last went viral and led to the arrest of Mujahid who had fled to Saudi Arabia.

“Mujahid Afridi,” she clearly names the killer after repeating his first name three times.

The video caused outrage in the country.

After the murder, Mujahid Afridi fled to Saudi Arabia, where he was arrested by Interpol at the request of Pakistan. He was extradited in March 2018.

Security concerns caused officials to move the murder trial to Peshawar from Kohat after the initial few proceedings. In June 2021, a Peshawar court sentence Mujahid Afridi to death, acquitting two other accused Shahzeb and Siddiqullah.

Beti to gai. Issy pehly k beta bhi jaey, maap kerdo.
Kab badlayga Pakistan.

I was junior attorney in her case. This case is way complicated then it is portraying by media. Her own bhabhi became hostile witness. And many more thing which i cannot share due to privacy. But believe me her father and brother is to blame. They themself destroyed case and some other greedy decision by them

that's exactly why our system fails, people take advantage of Diya either under pressure or due to greed (mostly second one), the most popular statement you hear is "janay wala tu giya ab kia faida kam az kam tum tu apni zindagi sanwar lu kia milay ga ussay maar kar tumhain"

so will Modi pay for Gujrat massacres?
Modi has been tried in various courts even during the reign of Congress and was acquitted through the legal process.
I am not sure if he was complicit or not but atleast there was no pardon given despite conviction.
You seem to be ignorant of your own laws, The President can grant pardon in all cases where the sentence given is the sentence of death:

Under Article 72 of the Indian Constitution, the President shall have the power to grant pardons, reprieves, respites or remissions of punishment or to suspend, remit or commute the sentence of any person convicted of any offence where the sentence is a sentence of death.

(Pardon removes both the sentence and the conviction and completely absolves the convict from all sentences, punishments and disqualifications)

So, under Indian laws, theoretically speaking, you can get away with ten planned murders if you can afford to buy off/convince the President/Cabinet. Now, tell us which laws are more "shitty"?
Thank you for pointing that out. I guess our President / Cabinet have put some real worth on their pardons since I have not seen a full pardon given till date.

And by your logic, even the judge of the court can be bribed to free a man despite all evidence to the contrary.

Rich pay pennies and buy out the poor victims after mostly killing some one and law just stands aside why??
Kasmala Tariq son kills people in the broad day light in the middle of the junction and he is free wandering on the streets. Where is the justice for the weak and innocent, is that's how Madina Risat meant to look like?
Promises promises Nawaz and Zardari's and other clans are meant to be behind the bars. Nora is enjoying the grand son parties in the millionaire's hotels and Zardari is always sick when he is asked to appear in the court. Loot digested without a blurb and crooks just moving on from one party to the other. Poor in the Risat a Madina looks on and struggling to survive, do they really deserve that. People can live with few hardships but injustice and corruption is going to bring down our country sooner or latter, no wonder our IMF corridors are familiar place for our elite to pile up more loans to increase the suffering for the poor.
@Imran Khan @baqai @Zaki @Trailer23 @MuhammedAli @ummarz

The deet law is for accidental killing or sparing the killer for greater good, like to end enmity between tribes/states. Such as pardoning BLA/TTP members to end hostility. Or accidental killing like car crash bcz someone was a little over speeding or broke the signal but was rushing to hospital etc.

However, until then any terrorism act like killing the girl bcz showing no consent, couldn't be pardoned by family. The stats should act as plaintiff on behalf of girl saying this is not killing but terrorism against its citizen. Hence, family pardon doesn't hold value.

You have to understand any good law can be exploited. Like asylum. The FIR if had been lodged under terrorism law, perhaps the deet couldn't be followed at first place.

@Imran Khan @baqai @Zaki @Trailer23 @MuhammedAli @ummarz

The deet law is for accidental killing or sparing the killer for greater good, like to end enmity between tribes/states. Such as pardoning BLA/TTP members to end hostility. Or accidental killing like car crash bcz someone was a little over speeding or broke the signal but was rushing to hospital etc.

However, until then any terrorism act like killing the girl bcz showing no consent, couldn't be pardoned by family. The stats should act as plaintiff on behalf of girl saying this is not killing but terrorism against its citizen. Hence, family pardon doesn't hold value.

You have to understand any good law can be exploited. Like asylum. The FIR if had been lodged under terrorism law, perhaps the deet couldn't be followed at first place.

Bro i do understand what you are saying please don't get me wrong, however we must enter a one way street of " Law abiding society instead of Law avoiding society". Have to be zero tolerance towards all the crimes and all laws must be enforced. Our society is corrupt and its heading into the direction that we end up topping all the leagues tables and indexes of the world and beyond.
When a common man will see next door Taliban implementation of law and if it works well their, then think about the results. Common man will ask for the forced changes of their laws here too and our society may get polarized and civil war between have and have not may break out. We all ready have under currents of high prices, poverty, injustices, corruption and law and order and then top it up with our supa power guardian of UN charter neighbour. At this moment in time it seems to be far fetched but we should not be taking baby steps which can lead to anarchy and call for the Talibanization of our society in the future.

Bro i do understand what you are saying please don't get me wrong, however we must enter a one way street of " Law abiding society instead of Law avoiding society". Have to be zero tolerance towards all the crimes and all laws must be enforced. Our society is corrupt and its heading into the direction that we end up topping all the leagues tables and indexes of the world and beyond.
When a common man will see next door Taliban implementation of law and if it works well their, then think about the results. Common man will ask for the forced changes of their laws here too and our society may get polarized and civil war between have and have not may break out. We all ready have under currents of high prices, poverty, injustices, corruption and law and order and then top it up with our supa power guardian of UN charter neighbour. At this moment in time it seems to be far fetched but we should not be taking baby steps which can lead to anarchy and call for the Talibanization of our society in the future.
Sure state can abolish the deet law citing that it can be misused. So state can have the last words in pardoning.

Last edited:
Sure state can abolish the deet law that it can be misused. So state can have the last words in pardoning.

Absolutely you put it right. We need all laws revisiting and amend them accordingly. Firstly they deliver justice and secondly people can see that laws they can depend on when things goes wrong.

I believe in your positive law, PM can pardon as well

Hei dont say it as foolish law, the fool is the one who worship many Gods like Hindus

This pardon is only few among many cases where the murders get punishment. Any way in Islam, the punishment for murder is very lethal, in India I believe it will be just 15 years in prison
Yes we have seen your religion enough. We have been dealing with you guys since ages to know who is what. So done poke your nose about Hinduism.

Thank you for pointing that out. I guess our President / Cabinet have put some real worth on their pardons since I have not seen a full pardon givenl date.

And by your logic, even the judge of the court can be bribed to free a man despite all evidence to the contrary.

As long as you are willing to learn and engage in positive discussions here, you are welcome.

And let me remind you my friend that it isn't "my" logic but yours. You were the one claiming that the law was stupid, I only pointed it to you that it wasn't the law itself that is stupid but it's misuse is what is problematic. And by "your" logic, (and the example of a billionaire getting away with murders) the Indian laws were equally (if not more) stupid as they had the similar potential of being abused and misused by the rich. Hope that helps clear up your confusion

Gay Mullah and Shitty Pakistani Law are Cancer for Humanity

Gay Mullah and Shitty Pakistani Law are Cancer for Humanity

Calm down, mate. Using large/bright fonts and abusive tirades won't prove you right.

Didn't one of the Bollywood Khan's run over some homeless person a few years back...

Never saw that individual behind bars. I suppose the high & mighty have the same rules extended to them in India as well.
In the US there was a similar case of a rich young guy running over and killing many people. The said he wasn’t to blame because of “Affluenza” ; his Affluence prevented him from knowing right from wrong. He was eventually re-arrest on a fleeing the justice system, not sure how much prison he got, but the rich have a chance of literally getting away with murder with the right lawyers.

Last edited:
As long as you are willing to learn and engage in positive discussions here, you are welcome.

And let me remind you my friend that it isn't "my" logic but yours. You were the one claiming that the law was stupid, I only pointed it to you that it wasn't the law itself that is stupid but it's misuse is what is problematic. And by "your" logic, (and the example of a billionaire getting away with murders) the Indian laws were equally (if not more) stupid as they had the similar potential of being abused and misused by the rich. Hope that helps clear up your confusion
The probability of bribing the President would be very less and threatening would be zero.
Whereas it will be far easier to bribe / threat the poor relatives of victims.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom