What's new

Medical Advice

I read through all pages. I felt like to have heard a tea chat not real discussion. If you want to have a liver transplant don't come to China! Chinese doctors treat primary hepatocarcinoma in different ways.

Pls put up more results of pathological examination and blood tests.

If he's already too weak give him a transfusion of cord blood stem cells...

he is already very weak --- but what is this? please explain more about this option

@Sashan

Bro I have found somebody living in Beijing. He is my far-relative (my uncle's wife's uncle) and my nana-abbu spoke to him a while ago. Now i need to speak to him and hopefully he will try to help us about the hospitals in China or the language barrier if we decided to go to China. That First Central Hospital ---

Tianjin First Central Hospital--

Medical Service for Foreigners -- china.org.cn

look at the details - one is first central hospital and other is First center hospital --- can you see if you provided right details and if that is the same hospital? I will send the number to him so he will try to speak with the chinese hospital about my dad --- lets see

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sashan

Bro I have found somebody living in Beijing. He is my far-relative (my uncle's wife's uncle) and my nana-abbu spoke to him a while ago. Now i need to speak to him and hopefully he will try to help us about the hospitals in China or the language barrier if we decided to go to China. That First Central Hospital ---

look at the details - one is first central hospital and other is First center hospital --- can you see if you provided right details and if that is the same hospital? I will send the number to him so he will try to speak with the chinese hospital about my dad --- lets see

bro...bfore deciding the country...please inquire all the details...whether the facility is available there??the expertise of the doctors,fee details accommodation and all..and do it fast..may he recover from all his pains..all pray for him..dont worry..also i dont think india is going to reject visa for medical grounds..many people come here..better safe than sorry why not apply visa in both countries..by the time visa is issued u shall have decided the country and the hospital

@Sashan

@Zakii - that is exactly the hospital and I failed to mention - that there are trains which takes only 30 mins from Beijing to this city. (instead of 1 1/2 hours I mentioned before)

I hope he will be fine soon and that the doctors have discovered it at a very early stage.

TN beats Maharashtra in cadaver organ transplants

TN beats Maharashtra in cadaver organ transplants - The Times of India

NAGPUR: What Maharashtra could not do in the field of cadaver organ transplant (transplanting organs from a brain-dead person) in ten years, Tamil Nadu (TN) has done it in four years. This is thanks to simpler rules, procedures and transparency in the system which Maharashtra lacks to a large extent.

Though the first cadaver transplant in state was done way back in 1997, very few cases were done until 2000 when the Zonal Transplantation Coordination Committee (ZTCC), which coordinates all the cadaver organ transplantations for Mumbai, was formed. Since then, only 341 cadaver organ transplants including 288 kidneys, 52 livers and 2 lung transplants have been done till now in the Mumbai zone. Pune does have a ZTCC since 2004, but the transplant data was not immediately available. Two more ZTCCs have been announced for Aurangabad and Nagpur.

Nagpur did not even have a ZTCC until July last year. Though a nine member ZTCC committee headed by Dr B G Waghmare has been constituted, it is yet to get a formal nod from the government to start its functioning. Though sources say that the committee has received an informal nod, it cannot actually start working until government clears the committee.

Tamil Nadu, on the other hand, started its official government cadaver transplant programme in October 2008 and managed to complete more than double transplants than Maharashtra till September this year. TN has performed 848 transplants so far which include 530 kidney, 47 heart, 262 liver and 9 lung transplants since October 2008.

"This could happen due to extremely transparent and simple rules and regulations applicable for both the recipient and the donor. It is totally a government initiative and is doing very well. Our government issues new GRs as and when needed and modifies the existing ones to hasten the process. Above all, it is an extremely transparent system," said TN state cadaver organ transplant convener Dr Joseph Amalorpavanathan.

He was in city for a public awareness programme 'Doctor tell me about organ transplant' organized by the Academy of Medical Sciences at the Institution of Engineers hall on Sunday. In TN, 29 hospitals have participated in cadaver transplant programme.

Though state health minister Suresh Shetty had promised to adopt the TN model after the death of former chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh on August 14, implementation at ground level is yet to take shape. The only exception is the September 13 GR, which has at least laid down the terms and conditions allowing even the non-transplant centres or hospitals to retrieve organs from brain-dead persons. This has made way for even small hospitals with an ICU and an operation theatre to retrieve the organs. Sources say that the government is also contemplating Rs61,000 monthly funds for them for routine work.

The GR has also clarified the procedure for declaration of brain death which requires certification by a team of four doctors (including a neurologist) to conduct and submit the apnoea report of the patient twice within six hours to confirm and announce brain death. It also has made it mandatory for every hospital to declare a person as 'brain-dead' as soon as the patient's condition has reached 'brain death stage' and issue a certificate and inform the ZTCC.

During the programme, presentations were made by Dr Ravi Wankhede, a kidney donor and a ZTCC Nagpur member, Dr B G Waghmare, the ZTCC president, Dr Sudhir Bhave, Dr Prashant Bhandarkar, Dr T S Oberoi, Dr Prakash Khetan, Dr Sadhana Patwardhan, Dr Shailendra Mundhada from city and Dr Joseph Amalorpavanathan from Chennai, Advocate Telang and Sujatha Ashtekar, the Mumbai ZTCC coordinator.

The programme was coordinated by Dr S M Patil, Dr Sunil Gupta and Dr C Cham. To create awareness Dr Sarita Ugemuge, Dr Rajiv Mohta and Dr Gupta performed two skits to remove myths and misconceptions about organ donation in society. Dilip Deodhar, social worker and initiator of the 'Doctor tell me' series, was also present in the programme.

Samad Khan, who received one kidney each from his sister and wife in last 20 years, also shared his experience.

Problems in Maharashtra

* Only two ZTCC (required for cadaver donation clearance) in state functional

* ZTCCs announced in Nagpur and Aurangabad yet to become functional

* Exhausting and complicated paperwork and procedure

* No transparency and accountability in the system

Recent initiatives by state

* All 25 or more bedded hospitals with an ICU and an operation theatre to report every brain death to ZTCC.

* The GR for organ retrieval and declaration of brain death has come just in September.

* State to provide organ retrieval facilities and expertise to these hospitals.

* State has laid down the procedure for brain death declaration

* Every individual willing to donate his organs after death can have this information in his ID cards or ZTCC cards.

===
My intention to post the above article is to help Zakii, don't think I blow my own trumpet , in fact I dislike the headline of this news. TN is dng good in this field better make call to those hospitals and finalize your decision.

I feel I have become very weak --- I don't know what to do really

I am not sure how will I face my dad when I go to Pakistan :cry: :cry: :cry:

Zakii - couldn't type much through cellphone at office in the morning. Bro - You need to be strong at this time as a calm mind is needed to make the best call for your father in terms of treatment and that will be a huge morale boosting for your father and your family. Do not think that you are not for him - Your brother and other family members are there with them and that should be a comforting factor for you. (had been in that situation before but I know that my father knew I was there for him always)

Gather information you need and let us know if you need more - And also let us know once you made your decision and we will be of help if we can(I am taking the liberty and talking on behalf of other members as well)

Things will be fine bro - Hang in there.

May Allah grant him good health again.Zaki bhai tension na lain bas namaz main dua kia karain...INSHALLAH sab theek hojaega

@Sashan

Brother dont worry about Beijing I got some friends there they will help you out ..In my city there are some good hospitals...Jiaotong is very famous all over China..If you can arrange it in Xi'an you dont have to worry about language or places or anything m here since 2008

Brother dont worry about Beijing I got some friends there they will help you out ..In my city there are some good hospitals...Jiaotong is very famous all over China..If you can arrange it in Xi'an you dont have to worry about language or places or anything m here since 2008
Thanks a lot bro. If possible please send me your phone number at zakifx1@gmail.com or if you can PM me on PDF... I will try to speak to you soon Insha'Allah

I know somebody from Beijing now but need some hospital informations

lots of people in US are trying Vitamin C megadoses to treat cancer please look in to it
May allah have mercy on you and your family and give your father best of health and grant him shifa e kolli ameen

Vitamin C

It is once again Nobel-prize winning Linus Pauling, PhD with Ewan Cameron, MD, a Scottish cancer surgeon, who have demonstrated the effectiveness of ten grams (10,000 mg) of vitamin C a day in reversing terminal cancer in thirteen out of 100 patients. These patients were given up as lost by medical authorities. Thirteen out of 100 may not seem like a high percentage of success, but keep in mind that those thirteen are free of the disease as far as can be determined. None were expected to live. Thirteen is infinitely greater than zero. All the vitamin C treated patients have lived, on average, five times as long as controls who did not receive the 10 grams of C. Do not be misled by false media hype against Vitamin C. A pair of politically-motivated Mayo Clinic studies condemning the vitamin are seriously faulted. You will want to refer to Drs. Cameron and Pauling's book, Cancer and Vitamin C, revised edition (1993) for the full story. There is no substitute for the truth.

Of course 10,000 milligrams of vitamin C a day is greatly more than what the federal government maintains that an average person needs. A reading of The Healing Factor by biochemist Irwin Stone (1979) will explain to you why we need so very much vitamin C, why it should indeed be normal to consume many grams of the vitamin a day, and why the lack of C is responsible for our human race's present state of illness. Irwin Stone, by the way, is the person who first got Dr. Pauling interested in vitamin C in the first place. For improved quality and length of life, the key is sufficient quantity of C. More orange juice just won't do it.

Opponents of vitamin C therapy would do well to acknowledge that Pauling and Cameron's work has been confirmed, first at Japan's Saga University by Murata and others (Murata, A., Morishige, F. and Yamaguchi, H. (1982) Prolongation of survival times of terminal cancer patients by administration of large doses of ascorbate. International Journal of Vitamin and Nutrition Research Suppl., 23, 1982, p. 103-113. Also in Hanck, A., ed. (1982) Vitamin C: New Clinical Applications. Bern: Huber, 103-113). Dr. Murata employed over 30,000 mg per day and had even better results with terminally ill cancer patients. In the words of Dr. Louis Lasagna (1981) of the University of Rochester Medical School, "It seems indefensible not to at least try substantial doses of vitamin C in these patients."

Intravenous vitamin C works better still: Padayatty et al. Intravenously administered vitamin C as cancer therapy: three cases. Canadian Medical Association Journal, 2006. 174(7), March 28, p 937-942. Intravenously administered vitamin C as cancer therapy: three cases
Additional vitamin C vs. cancer references are available through your local library. Request assistance in locating William McCormick's papers, especially the blandly-titled but excellent "Have We Forgotten the Lesson of Scurvy" and "Ascorbic Acid as a Chemotherapeutic Agent." Dr. McCormick shows that cancer symptoms and vitamin C deficiency symptoms overlap. Scurvy, which is obvious vitamin C deficiency, is traced to medical writings as far back as1609. The similarity between scurvy and cancer is so great that it is incredible that billions of dollars of cancer research in the United States has consistently missed it.

Residential treatment for cancer by nutritional means is readily available in Mexico, just south of the US border in Tijuana. Odd, isn't it, that Americans have to flee the land of the free and home of the brave to get freedom of choice in cancer therapy? That's free trade for you. American medical doctor and nutrition PhD, Frank Watts, MD, is one of a number of nonconformist physicians who have employed a therapeutic program which includes 20,000 mg of vitamin C daily plus laetrile, vitamin A, vitamin B-complex, and strict vegetarian diet, among other things. His experience has revealed that about 70% of 600 terminal cancer patients have responded in some definite way to the treatment.

There are precious few hospital based megavitamin programs available anywhere in the United States. Government and AMA pressure on doctors who advocate Laetrile and vitamin therapy is high, research evidence notwithstanding. This will change, however, if citizens voice their views to the Food and Drug Administration, the American Medical Association, the American Cancer Society, the National Cancer Institute, their lawmakers in Congress and State capitols, and their own family doctors, and insist on unrestricted freedom of access to all options, including the unorthodox therapies, for cancer patients in this country.

While I'm at it, a caution. Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing: hospitals and other providers that offer so-called "holistic," "nutrition-based," "integrated," or "comprehensive" therapeutic programs. The majority of them are only paying lip-service to consumers' requests for alternative cancer treatments, just to get them in the door. Their main approaches tend to be chemo, radiation and surgery. As a benchmark, first ask them if they give intravenous vitamin C, 30,000 to 60,000 mg daily. That'll settle out the mud in a hurry.

I feel I have become very weak --- I don't know what to do really

I am not sure how will I face my dad when I go to Pakistan :cry: :cry: :cry:

With strength and prayer and courage you probably don’t feel now but will find then, my mother is at a similar stage at the moment you might feel a mess when you are at home alone but some where you find the strength to put on a brave face when you visit them because you know that is what they need from you now.

You have to make your own choices but I would add my voice to those suggesting you talk honestly with your father about what’s going on. I know I would want to know if my time was limited so I could make my peace and leave my affairs in order. Please don’t take that as criticism but advice given in friendship in a difficult time.

My prayers for your father and your family.

Back
Top Bottom