What's new

Mecca under threat: Outrage over plan to destroy the 'birthplace' of Prophet Mohamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Saudi rulers worship the dollar as their god, not Allah.

Saudis are the biggest hypocrites on the planet. They talk about strict Islam in public but look at all the Saudi princes doing drugs, alcohol and gambling in the west. They have too much easy money on their hands. The day their il runs out they will be back to selling camels in the desert.

time for some type pf uprising in KSA too, they have watched and laughed far too long on Syria and Egypt

as a historical site they should preserve it as best they can and not ruin it with development but I'm guessing protests and petitions etc wont really be effective in a dictatorial theocracy like they have in Arabistan now.

The Saudi rulers worship the dollar as their god, not Allah.

maybe ISIS and Sauds have the same ideology.. they destroyed many holy places because of "shirk"..

holy places should stay on international muslim property.. not saud property.. it should seperated by sauds as an own country..

with own airbase, international troops , own currency.. that would be the best..

I dont see no Outrage... No condemnation from any (worthwhile) Muslim organization.... One article in TOI is not outrage.

May be they are outraging in Pakistan..? @ Pakistanis .. Any rally planned by JI/JUI or, JUD ..?

I dont see no Outrage... No condemnation from any (worthwhile) Muslim organization.... One article in TOI is not outrage.

May be they are outraging in Pakistan..? @ Pakistanis .. Any rally planned by JI/JUI or, JUD ..?

Depends on what flavour of Islam do you belong to. There is no outrage if there is no widespread politico-religious leadership condemning it. Whilst essentially it is the destruction of a historical site of the most important figure for Muslims to be replaced with a Palace for a wining and dining prince.. it will have zero implications as long as the right wing Muslim mindset is kept fed that any and all historical sites relating to Islam are somehow a danger to one's faith(while historical sites and monuments to the house of Saud are not).

I take Islam in mild Barelvi flavor, with a touch of Sufi. I'm highly allergic to the deserty Wahabi and bittery Deobandi flavors! :D

Depends on what flavour of Islam do you belong to. There is no outrage if there is no widespread politico-religious leadership condemning it. Whilst essentially it is the destruction of a historical site of the most important figure for Muslims to be replaced with a Palace for a wining and dining prince.. it will have zero implications as long as the right wing Muslim mindset is kept fed that any and all historical sites relating to Islam are somehow a danger to one's faith(while historical sites and monuments to the house of Saud are not).

If this is true, Arabia will burn and last remnants of Wahabs will be wiped out.

I dont think so. This removal of all signs of the Prophet(apart from the Madina mosque as it is too well profitable now) may very well be successful. Thus any and all focus of Muslims will continue to be on Mecca and Madina which also means all the profit from the various hotel projects coming up(although that does not stop me from trying to land a consultancy contract there :angel:).

eventually, Mecca is returning to its original form as it was with the Pagans some 2000 years ago.. a profitable religious-tourism property.

I see stupid paranoid people in this thread- maybe what the article is claiming is pure bullshit- thats why there is no outrage or condemnation- its just another shia propaganda- the main contributor to the article Dr Alawi- the name sounds shia to me- indeed- no surprises-

And guess what the paranoid people have suddenly started to believe in ToI- :lol:-

:welcome:

I take Islam in mild Barelvi flavor, with a touch of Sufi. I'm highly allergic to the deserty Wahabi and bittery Deobandi flavors! :D

It is very well likely that in the view of the official priests of the Guardians of the two sites and the "esteemed" house of Deoband you are a "Biddati"/Blasphemer and liable to be expunged from the circle of Islam to which they hold the keys to.. which in the literal sense anyway is true for the former.

Exactly... Being a Hindu, I have no particular affinity towards this site. But Historical monuments like these should be preserved imo.

BTW my native village has a curious mix of Shias and Sunnis. Am sure not a single one of them will be pleased by this development. But then they are probably not Muslim enough as have never seen any altercation among them during Muharram. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom