What's new

MBDA offers Turkey full missile technology

Jigs

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
European missile maker MBDA is hopeful to win a multibillion-dollar Turkish tender which would enable it to build Turkey’s long-range air and missile defense system, known as T-Loramids.

MBDA –a missile developer and manufacturer with operations in France, Britain, Germany, and Italy– offers Turkey a complete freedom of technology transfer in case of a cooperation.

MBDA and French company Thales are partners in Eurosam. Eurosam is the industrial prime contractor and system design authority for the development, production, marketing and sales of a range of medium-range naval and ground-launched air-defence missiles, systems that were developed under contract from the French and Italian governments.

In a press tour at MBDA facilities in Italy, company executives gave information about company profile and its operations, as well as their possible bid for T-Loramids project. MBDA officials guaranteed a joint understanding in developing Turkey’s air and missile defense system, saying that MBDA products were the latest generation in NATO’s joint defense systems.

MBDA executives said their products offer a great number of advantages against their U.S., Russian and Chinese rivals in T-Loramids tender, which they said were a full and unconditional technology transfer, NATO-compatibility, and joint production of T-Loramids missile systems, including a national software and industrial partnership and cooperation with Turkish defense industry firms.

Last month, MBDA signed a framework agreement with Turkish defense industry companies Aselsan, Roketsan and Ayesas to develop an air defense system. The agreement prescribes a certain road map for cooperation.

Russian and Chinese systems do not offer NATO-compatible missiles, MBDA executives said, adding that producer of U.S. Patriot missiles does not allow freedom of technology transfer. Company’s experts said MBDA would work together with Turkey also to develop a new generation missile launcher, if they won the T-Loramids tender for which U.S. Patriot, Russian S-400 and Chinese FD-2000 systems are expected to compete with Eurosam’s Samp-T.

MBDA produces around 3,000 missiles annually, and has a turnover of more than 3 billion euro. It is also interested in a project to build NATO’s planned missile shield.

Meanwhile, officials of Italy’s defense industry giant Finmeccanica, a partner in MBDA, offered Turkey to jointly build Eurofighter jets as Turkey’s F-4 fleet is too old and it would take at least 10 years for the first F-35 fighter jet delivery.

Finmeccanica officials said Turkish F-16 fleet should be reinforced by 40 to 60 EU-made, twin-engine, delta-wing Eurofighter jets, valued at 2-3 billion USD. They said new generation Eurofighters could be manufactured jointly by EU and Turkey.

A Finmeccanica company, Agusta Westland, was awarded an 2008 tender to co-produce Turkey’s first national assault helicopter T129 ATAK together with Turkey’s TAI. Mass production of ATAK helicopters is due in 2013

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

YouTube - SAMP-T

I dont trust these guys. Why Turkey can't make their own defence systems. Is it hard to make such a SAM systems?

I dont trust these guys. Why Turkey can't make their own defence systems. Is it hard to make such a SAM systems?
Aselsan is already working on it. In the mean time, if this tech transfer benefits to our progressing projects, I say we should seriously consider this opportunity before choosing Sac-3 or S-400.

Aselsan is already working on it. In the mean time, if this tech transfer benefits to our progressing projects, I say we should seriously consider this opportunity before choosing Sac-3 or S-400.

You know what i am afraid for.. That they are always a step further than us and that whenever they want can take out the systems they sold to us. I hope you understand me. I want make a new thread about it but still dont have the premission for it.

You know what i am afraid for.. That they are always a step further than us and that whenever they want can take out the systems they sold to us. I hope you understand me. I want make a new thread about it but still dont have the premission for it.

These are the best surface to air missile system this company offers. The PAC-3 which the U.S. is offering is also the the most current up to date system they have. The S-400 the Russians are offering are again the most up to date system they have.

They do not have anything better then these.

And to your earlier post high altitude missile systems are still very new to our defence industry and they are very complex. It will be years before we can produce something effective.

Aselsan/Roketsan are not working for Long altitude air defence missile systems but Medium and Low altitude. Contrary to low and medium altitude systems, Developing long range equivalent is something like a new era in missile sector. Even Europeans can not manage to develop an efective system but SAMP-T whose trials have already been proceeding with some faults. Actually, SSM wants to purchase those missiles directly but Contrary to Russian and USA counterparts, MBDA officials offer free technology transfer for SAMP-T system. Europeans knows that competing against PAC-3 and S-400 without making any differences to win is almost impossible in a Turkish tender so They uses Technology transfer cards that Turkish officials like it so much... :)

I hope MBDA offers SAMP-T Block 2 missiles to Turkey.

Last edited:
actually i prefer this .. built your own ( at least try to develop ) + buy foreign systems and study on them, then make a super-hybrid long range missile defence system.

Back
Top Bottom