What's new

Mayweather vs Pacquiao Fight May 2

Who will win?

• Floyd Mayweather

• Manny Pacquiao

Results are only viewable after voting.
There's a reason there is a ring, if all there was to boxing was wild flurry of punches, they could have chained the boxers in1/10th of that space.:D
but buddy watch the fights of joe frazier Muhammad ali george foreman its not always about running in the ring n thats not the only purpose of ring n u wouldnt find any such kind of cat n mouse fights in previous millenium

There's a reason there is a ring, if all there was to boxing was wild flurry of punches, they could have chained the boxers in1/10th of that space.:D

But the game is named boxing for a reason...its not avoiding, dancing, running, hiding, hugging etc. In this match Mayweather did everything except boxing.

But the game is named boxing for a reason...its not avoiding, dancing, running, hiding, hugging etc. In this match Mayweather did everything except boxing.

:lol: You don't win by points if you didn't box. He boxed plenty, enough to win easily. It was pretty clear by the 4th-5th round that Mayweather was going to win. Pacquiao had to get a lucky shot in & with Mayweather's skill, that's was going to be a tough, almost impossible ask. People don't get lucky against Mayweather for a reason.

Everyone though is entitled to their own opinion on who is a great boxer. This wasn't the greatest of fights but it was a good show of why Mayweather was 47-0 before this fight and if he remains unbeaten in his last fight, that's a brilliant career record to retire on.

I got it..its an art. But have you seen Ali fight...he doesn't just defend...he counter punches. His is an orthodox style of boxing. People love it...have you seen today's fight...pathetic.
Yes its definately another league, the fight was so boring that a friend slept after round 6.

Mayweather was expected to win anyway.
My FB feed was filled with statuses from this fight, mostly from those people whose only daily workout is going to the fridge to microwave a Pizza slice.

It was a business transaction.

Glad I didnt give into the hype . At one point I was considering buying the game (was £20 on Sky Sports I think). But everyone whom I have spoken to afterwards regarding this fight have said it was hugely disappointing. Boxing I suppose like most other sports has become all about business and the money. The era of entertainers is gone. Are there any Ali's or Prince Naseem's today?

I can't believe people actually thought Manny would roll over Floyd. Look folks, speak to any fighter, pro or amateur, they will acknowledge that Floyd's ability is above all others. Yes, to the nominal fight fan he is boring, yes he is annoying and arrogant, but his technical ring-craft is on another level. Manny couldn't pull off his multiple punch combinations, his movement was stiff and so on. He has never been the same since the Marquez knockout. I must say that I was also shocked at Floyd's diminished resistance to punches. Manny had him hurt with punches that he should have rolled with. It is time for him to hang up the gloves for sure.
I don't like the guy, my heart wanted Manny but I knew what the result would be.
Like him or hate him, Mayweather is the most gifted boxer of this time.

Waited for it till 6 in the morning here, waste of time, but i consider myself lucky considering that people there in the first row paid 75000$ for a ticket.

Such a over-hyped match, never comes close to Ali's matches.

There are legends, there are superstars and then above those is Ali. There will never be anything like him again. Perhaps the greatest sportsman of his time. He fought in the most talented division of all time, and took out names that other boxers could only dream of.
What more can you say of a victory roll-call that reads Archie Moore, Sonny Liston, Floyd Patterson, Ken Norton, Joe Frazier, Earnie Shavers, George Foreman and Leon Spinks.
Plain and simply he was and will forever be the "greatest".
Floyd will burn with envy to his grave.

P.S.
Pound for pound it will have to be Sugar Ray.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom