What's new

Mayhem in Karachi - Karachiites trap CJ at Airport

Asim you have to play politics with Politics not kill each other. Every politician disagreed with what Musharraf did he created dispute with a province that is not beneficial for the internal stability just to day there was an attack on Pakistan it was done by the Afgans they can enter Pakistan through Baluchistan they are locals to the area. However, it could have been prevented by the Baluchistanis if it were stable the attack I believe was by the Phatan's living there and they are not pro government after what happened to Bugti.

Asim, In all your arguments, you're shooting down the messenger and not the message. Which is why, imho, they lack merit.

somtime death is better cure then playing politics..i watch real faces of politicians in last few weeks. They all bunch of hunger losers...all they want is come in power. Look like party members are shaking their leaders and asking when we ll have golden days, like before. " sisysi bhartian". Playing MR 10 percent and transfer wealth out of country etc etc....all bunch of power hungry losers.

somtime death is better cure then playing politics..i watch real faces of politicians in last few weeks. They all bunch of hunger losers...all they want is come in power. Look like party members are shaking their leaders and asking when we ll have golden days, like before. " sisysi bhartian". Playing MR 10 percent and transfer wealth out of country etc etc....all bunch of power hungry losers.

Death is a cure for an ich not for a symptom.

Asim you have to play politics with Politics not kill each other. Every politician disagreed with what Musharraf did he created dispute with a province that is not beneficial for the internal stability just to day there was an attack on Pakistan it was done by the Afgans they can enter Pakistan through Baluchistan they are locals to the area. However, it could have been prevented by the Baluchistanis if it were stable the attack I believe was by the Phatan's living there and they are not pro government after what happened to Bugti.
You mean every politician that wants Musharraf's power? Of course they will disagree. There was a general sense of pride amongst the majority of the people when a rotten imbecile was taken out...

Remember the fight was started by Bugti. All the political parties had previously been paying up Bugti and others like him to not to create trouble... Along came Musharraf had he said WHO TF are you? Seriously who is Bugti to demand any money from Pakistan? He activated the BLA and started bombing places. He started the killing! Musharraf killed a Killer! A cold blooded murderer!

Asim, In all your arguments, you're shooting down the messenger and not the message. Which is why, imho, they lack merit.
It just got a whole lot personal with Bugti...

I remember getting threats from his internet goonies back when I ran urbanpakistan.com... Reason? We were publishing about all the development going on in Balochistan and along with that another writer published an article about Bugti's dungeons and took names of the few people he has murdered in his own tribe.

This writer's relative worked with him back when when he was the Chief Minister. He was in charge of doing some construction on federal funding of which Bugti was in charge to spend. Bugti took his relative for hunting. Surrounded with guns in the middle of no where he tells him you have to finish these roads using 20% of the funds and the rest goes to me.

Other interesting tidbits - Bugti had ordered that he doesn't want to see any person's back to him. So if you are in his presence you walk in and out facing him. If you have to exit his 'court' you have to exit walking back wards. Ridiculous? You'd get shot, otherwise!

Musharraf did a brilliant thing to get rid of this schmuck!

No one cares about the country, they're all worried about their own gains. I suggest shooting these people and making an example of them. Whenever something occurs, these jahils go on these barbaric rampages. They are all infected and must be dealt with.

Welcome to the forums! Do also take the time out to post an introduction in the Intro's forum.

No problem yaar. I've noticed you're on the other PDF too.

Since you're a senior member, I'd like to know what you think is the best response to something like this.

Personally I think Presidant Musharaff is too leniant on these issues, it could be that these animals that do this are too brainwashed or infected.

Lets us analyse the situation. Opposition parties were trying desperately to get people on the street but couldnt. This was a heaven sent opportunity when lawyers decided to protest. Political parties have taken advantae and jumped on the band wagon. Protesters are shouting ' Go Musharraf go'. Large number of the protestes belong to MMA and ANP; mainly Pashtoon. Karachi has approx 2-million Pashtoons and among the Mohajirs there is substantial support for Jamaat Islami ( Maulana Maudoodi was from Aurangabad ). Karachi is however strong hold of MQM who have joined forces with Jiye Sindh movement as a marriage of convenience. This is the ground reality.

This was a fight between Pashtoons and MQM. In Punjab & Islamabad, most significant parties are Muslim League ( Q and N) and PPP. Muslim League is really a right wing party and sympathize with the Mullahs, thus wouldnot use force against Lal Masjid thugs. PPP supporters are reluctant partners in the Opposition and would not openly resist lathi wielding goondas of MMA. That is why opposition rallies are gaining support in Punjab.

In Karachi however MQM have no such qualms, thuggery is their strong point also. Since MQM are in the Govt and support Musharraf they proved that they would not let an upstart Chief Justice to have his way. What happened was of course disgusting but this is Pak politics in its true form.

What I find hard to understand is the rationale behind opposition movement. No one with democratic values will support actions of Musharraf. But when the matter is in the Supreme Court, they should wait and see which way the cookie crumbles. Let us assume Mushaarf is forced to go ( he probably will IMO) who comes in his place??. Will BB, NS and MMA accept the Chief Justice as their leader???

Most likely scenario is that an emergency will be declared, another Army General will take over and the same process all over again ( Deja vu in truest sense). Perhaps Benazir realises this and is reluctant to lend full support to this movement.

I only see more mayhem, but MMA thrives on mayhem, perhaps next general would be like Zia and MMA would have a field day. IMO mullhas have all to gain and nothing to lose but Muslim Q and PPP should see thru this.

No one cares about the country, they're all worried about their own gains. I suggest shooting these people and making an example of them. Whenever something occurs, these jahils go on these barbaric rampages. They are all infected and must be dealt with.

Well this is your advice to Mushraff. But when GOI does the same its oppression and blah blah.

Most likely scenario is that an emergency will be declared, another Army General will take over and the same process all over again ( Deja vu in truest sense). Perhaps Benazir realises this and is reluctant to lend full support to this movement.

I only see more mayhem, but MMA thrives on mayhem, perhaps next general would be like Zia and MMA would have a field day. IMO mullhas have all to gain and nothing to lose but Muslim Q and PPP should see thru this.

It isnt advisable situation to have. If Mushraff goes then who is the next general in line? If its a dictator i dont belive he can change the stance on WoT.

Karachi losses estimated at Rs 20 billion

KARACHI (May 15 2007): Economy faces losses over Rs 20 billion, as the trading and industrial activities in the economic hub of the country, Karachi, were suspended completely for the last three days due to political unrest and violence across the city.

Karachi being the major engine of country's economy, where around more than 14,000 large industrial units are operating and contribute 68 percent to the national exchequer.

"Out of 14,000 industries, none has been operating since Friday evening, halting production process completely in all the five major industrial areas including SITE, Korangi, F.B area, North Karachi and Landhi industrial area of Karachi due to unavailability of labour," an industrialist said.

Pakistan's per day economic activities generate around $500 million out of which Karachi contributes at least 25 percent or $150-175 million per day, therefore, Karachi has faced with around $300-350 million (Rs 18-21 billion) due to suspension of two days' economic activities, said economist Muzamil Aslam.

Shahid Hasan Siddique another economist said, "Karachi's industries suffered production losses over Rs 12 billion due to violence, deteriorating law and order situation for the last three days, tarnishing country's image internationally."

He forecasts that economy faces further direct and indirect financial losses in the shape of dim prospects of foreign investment due to political turmoil and increasing security concerns.

"Twelve billion rupees is the estimated figure of financial losses, while the long-term losses are higher than these," he added. He said that international media have widely covered the Karachi violence on Saturday that has confirmed Western media reports that Karachi is an unsafe city for investment.

It is also expected that now foreign investors will also avoid visiting Pakistan especially Karachi due to new travel advise issued by different countries, he added.

"Karachi contributes Rs 1.25 billion per day in term of taxes to the national exchequer and during the last three days not a single penny has been paid in taxes," said Zubair Motiwala former chairman SITE Association of industry. He said that national exchequer has suffered loses of Rs 3 billion only due to the suspension of industries and trading activities in the metropolitan.

Political activities in the city have badly hit the export process and shipments have not been dispatched since Friday due to political tension in the city, he added.

Masood Naqi chairman Korangi association of industry said that export oriented industries of Korangi industrial area remained completely shut during the last three days. He claimed that Korangi industrial area has faced financial losses over Rs 3.5 billion in the terms of production, besides Rs 750 million taxes.

Small traders have claimed that they have suffered losses over Rs 5 billion in terms of sales. Atiq Mir chairman Alliance of Market Associations said that more than 500 trading market and around 25,000 shops remained closed since Friday, while more than 10 shops of small traders have been torched during the violence. Other than traders, the daily wagers have been affected losing source of income during the period.

Transporters also have suffered huge financial losses as more than 25 busses have so far been set ablaze by the mob during the violence in the city on Saturday and Sunday. They informed that we are compiling exact figures and will release them today, which approximately stand at Rs 20 billion. The port sources also confirmed that port activities have come to a halt as not a single export shipment has yet reached the harbour for export during the last three days.

http://www.brecorder.com/index.php?id=564481&currPageNo=1&query=&search=&term=&supDate=

Thank you Mr CJ, well done!! :sniper:
What a power hungry jerk! :sick:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom