What's new

Maulvi Faqir Mohammad temporary leader of the TTP

Awesome

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/20/world/asia/20pstan.html

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) — The deputy head of the Pakistani Taliban said Wednesday that he was temporarily assuming the helm of the militant group because its leader, Baitullah Mehsud, was ill, although Washington and Islamabad have said that Mr. Mehsud almost certainly was killed by a recent missile strike.

The announcement by the deputy leader, Maulvi Faqir Mohammad, was another sign that Taliban commanders were jockeying for power after the reported death of Mr. Mehsud in an Aug. 5 missile strike in northwestern Pakistan’s tribal belt. A captured Taliban spokesman reportedly acknowledged to authorities on Tuesday that Mr. Mehsud was dead, but other commanders have insisted he is alive.

Mr. Mohammad also claimed that Mr. Mehsud was alive, but said that he was too ill to lead Pakistan’s Taliban.

“I was the deputy leader of the Tehrik-e-Taliban, and now, since Baitullah Mehsud is unable to perform as head of the organization due to health reasons and unable to come on the foreground, I am assuming the role of acting chief,” Mr. Mohammad told The Associated Press by telephone from an undisclosed location.

He emphasized that his appointment was only temporary, and said that the final decision on who would succeed Mr. Mehsud would rest with a 42-member Taliban council, known as a shura.

“Now, when the entire world has its eye on us, our shura will decide our future leader in consultation with all,” Mr. Mohammad said.

Two of the top contenders are considered to be Hakimullah Mehsud and Waliur Rehman. Mr. Mohammad described them as “both capable and energetic leaders.”

Pakistan’s Taliban is more a loose alliance of disparate groups and tribal factions than one cohesive group. Government and intelligence officials in Pakistan have said that the group is now embroiled in a bitter leadership struggle.
I think Hakimullah/Wali came to a compromise to give temporary custody of the organization to him (if both of them are still alive that is)...

If we regularly took out their top dog of the time, this group is bound to fragment. The worst thing they can do right now is to relent upon their attacks.

It dosent matters who takes control, most of the big fishes are taken out or arrested, militants are even surrendering, its only a matter of time before they r lost in history, PUNISH THEM FOR THE LIVES OF INNOCENTS & FOR TAKING CHILDREN FROM THEIR MOTHERS..
:pakistan:

Its kind of a joke.Faqir Muhammad does not even have full control of bajaur.he signed peace agreement with jirga.Now the army is fighting qari zia ur rehman group in bajur and faqir muhammad said we are not involved in attacks on army.

I mean when this guy does not have control of his agency how can he dream of controlling wazirstan taliban and people like hakeemullah who now want power and billions of baitullah assets at all costs.

and one more rubbish that baitullah is ill .why dont they say the truth.why are they hiding his death.

I THINK JUST LIKE BAITULLAH AND ABDULLAH MEHSUD MOLVI FAQIR WILL SOON ALSO BECOME THE PART OF HISTORY.

I THINK THE NEXT HIGH VALUE TTP TARGET FOR PAKISTAN ARMY HAS TO BE WALI-UR-REHMAN

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom