What's new

Maulana fazllullah Surrounded - Taliban Announces Surrender in Swat

I'm kinda surprised that no major Pakistan news channel is reporting this development. Not just the Pakistani media, the International media isn't reporting much as well.

For the past couple of days, only the print media has reported this development. I suppose a government-ordered media "Blackout" has been issued for the time being?

I'm kinda surprised that no major Pakistan news channel is reporting this development. Not just the Pakistani media, the International media isn't reporting much as well.

For the past couple of days, only the print media has reported this development. I suppose a government-ordered media "Blackout" has been issued for the time being?

Yups, that would be the case, as initially all were reporting it but then suddenly everything stopped, one reason i see is that there is no official confirmation so may be they are waiting when it comes, as till its not officials there won't be any credibility of the news in the media.

Our media has now become little bit cautious for their bad reporting in the past.

IF the TTP, and Mr. Fazullah, are REALLY assets of the USA, then everybody better stand off from his hiding place at least 200 meters. Are there drones circling in the sky yet? The USA doesn't want him to spill the beans (just like for BM).

why sarcasm when this could be the truth??

Your Tax dollars support Black Water and the CIA covert operations so there is a strong possibility that your dollars are also supporting these elements.

I hope hes captured alive, he could provide a lot of answers and give a lot of headway into the war.

my dear brothers and siters, and friendly indian neighbors.... i have a message for all of u guys... the pakistan have caught maulana fazlullah, in derai of swat valley... the army were attacking him from multiple sides... jus wanted yto tell u... just got a call from islamabad... :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::victory::victory::victory::victory:

Go! get him dead or live!

MINGORA: At least 14 bodies of suspected militants killed by security forces were found in different areas of the Swat valley.

Eight dead bodies were recovered from Batkhela while five others were found in Charbagh and one from Matta area of Swat.

Sources said eight militants, whose bodies were found in Batkhela, were killed during an exchange of fire with security forces while they were trying to escape. The bodies have reportedly been sent to a local hospital for identification.

On the other hand, a tribal lashkar, comprising of thousands of local residents, has been constituted to carry out a search and clearance operation in Peaochar, stronghold of Swat Taliban Chief Maulana Fazalullah. The lashkar has begun the operation in coordination with the security forces.

At least 107 militants including six suicide bombers have surrendered before the security forces in different areas of Tehsil Kabal and Peaochar.

As many as 63 militants including some commanders surrendered before the forces in different areas of Kabal and they were also presented before the media.

Sources added that 44 militants including six suicide bombers laid down their arms and renounced violence. Those who surrendered include Nazim-e-Ala Tehreek-e-Nifaz-i-Shariat-i-Mohammadi Safiullah, Swat Taliban Commander Omar Rehman, Commander Ibnay Ameen, Ibnay-e-Hafiz, Commander Maqbool and Commander Shaukat.—Online

DAWN.COM | Provinces | Over 100 militants surrender in Swat

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :pakistan:

if they have ibne-ameen then that is great because from what i have heard he was among the cruelist of all the thugs that were commanding the talibs.

Judiciary should deal with nabbed militants: Iftikhar

PESHAWAR: NWFP Minister for Information Mian Iftikhar Hussain has said the besieged militant leader, Maulana Fazlullah, is likely to be captured or killed within next few days as security forces are closing in on his hideout in Swat.

Speaking at a news conference at the Officers Mess here on Monday, the minister, who is also the provincial government spokesman, said that security forces had ringed the mountainous area from three sides where the militant leader had reportedly taken shelter. "Security forces are tightening the noose around the hideout of Fazlullah and hopefully he will be captured dead or alive in the next few days," he added.

About Muslim Khan, Mehmood and others arrested by security forces, the minister said they would be tried under the law for the crimes and killing of innocent people to which they had already confessed in the media and other forums. "There is no extra-judicial killing in Swat or elsewhere," he said, questioning as to why some religious parties and human rights organisations had not criticised the militants, who used to slaughter innocent people and security personnel in the public just a few months ago in Swat.

Mian Iftikhar said the political leadership, general public and security forces had won their war against the militants and now the courts (judiciary) should do their job of trying the arrested militants. "About 95 per cent of the area in the Malakand Division has been cleared of the militants," he said, adding there would be no general clemency for the militants, who surrendered or were arrested during the operation.

The provincial minister said about 200 militants had been arrested or had surrendered, including 40 teenage would-be suicide bombers, during the last two months. He said that besides security forces, the Awami National Party (ANP) workers had rendered great sacrifices for the restoration of peace in Malakand Division, where more than 200 ANP leaders and workers were killed at the hands of militants.

Judiciary should deal with nabbed militants: Iftikhar

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

why sarcasm when this could be the truth?

SSGPA1,

Why do you think my post was sarcasm? Why haven't they caught him yet? Maybe they are not closing in for fear of a drone strike? Maybe Blackwater is in there with him and the PA doesn't want to kill Blackwater agents?

SSGPA1,

Why do you think my post was sarcasm? Why haven't they caught him yet? Maybe they are not closing in for fear of a drone strike? Maybe Blackwater is in there with him and the PA doesn't want to kill Blackwater agents?

I interpreted the wrong meaning :)

Yes PA is taking all measures to capture him alive with all the useful info.

yes ! make an example out of him give him the death sentence pak fauj zindabad

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom