What's new

Markhor the National Animal of Pakistan

why did we choose this animal?? out of all the things!! i doubt any pakistani has seen it

because this Animal is not found in many countries. Its only be seen in Pakistan, Afghanistan and couple of central asian states. It was named National animal of Pakistan because its mostly found in Pakistan only (due to its uniqueness).

This what i think - could be wrong though

because this Animal is not found in many countries. Its only be seen in Pakistan, Afghanistan and couple of central asian states. It was named National animal of Pakistan because its mostly found in Pakistan only (due to its uniqueness).

snow leopard numbers taken from wikipedia, which in turn sourced from peer reviewed journal.

Range Country Habitat Area
(km2.) Estimated
Population[1]
Afghanistan 50,000 100-200?
Bhutan 15,000 100-200?
China 1,100,000 2,000-2,500
India 75,000 200-600
Kazakhstan 50,000 180-200
Kyrgyz Republic 105,000 150-500
Mongolia 101,000 500-1000
Nepal 30,000 300-500
Pakistan 80,000 200-420
Tajikistan 100,000 180-220
Uzbekistan 10,000 20-50

snow leopard numbers taken from wikipedia, which in turn sourced from peer reviewed journal.

Range Country Habitat Area
(km2.) Estimated
Population[1]
Afghanistan 50,000 100-200?
Bhutan 15,000 100-200?
China 1,100,000 2,000-2,500
India 75,000 200-600
Kazakhstan 50,000 180-200
Kyrgyz Republic 105,000 150-500
Mongolia 101,000 500-1000
Nepal 30,000 300-500
Pakistan 80,000 200-420
Tajikistan 100,000 180-220
Uzbekistan 10,000 20-50
:blink:
:hitwall:we are not talking about snow leopard mate, Markhor! which is very rare

:blink:
:hitwall:we are not talking about snow leopard mate, Markhor! which is very rare

He was replying to people who claimed that there were hardly any snow leopards in India and asking about population of snow leopards in Pakistan as well. You misinterpreted it.

This is a image taken in India
1sl.jpg

indian-snow-leopard.jpg

The snow leopard in found in India in areas with an altitude of above 3200 m (10,500 feet). It is seen in the Himalayan regions of North India, including the northern states of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh, and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim. Worldwide snow leopards are found in the mountainous regions of Central Asia, China, Tibet, Nepal and Bhutan.
conservation.gif

Snow Leopard Conservancy Trust India, based in the Ladakh District of Jammu and Kashmir State, has projects both inside and outside Hemis National Park. Established in 1981, the 3,350 square-kilometer park offers excellent habitat for snow leopards and harbors four species of wild sheep and goats, giving it international biodiversity importance. About 1,600 people live in the park in more than a dozen settlements.
Snow Leopard Conservancy India Trust
http://www.snowleopardconservancy.org/pdf/shan_usa.pdf

Snow leopard is the national symbol of Tatars and Kazakhs

why its name is markhor? does it eat snakes?

I also read somewhere that this animal eats snakes and that's why its spit when it through its very costly it used against snake bite cure.

I always thought the snowleopard was present in Pakistan.
One of the most majestic and beautiful creatures on earth

Snow leopards are in pakistan, I think i saw them in a movie named VERTICAL LIMIT, which was shooted in northern areas of Pakistan, nways there are snow leopard in pk for sure

General Characteristics

Body Length: 132-186 cm / 4.4-6.2 ft.
Shoulder Height: 65-115 cm / 2.1-3.8 ft.
Tail Length: 8-20 cm / 3.2-8 in.
Weight: 32-110 kg / 70-242 lb.

Is it dual engine, what about its upthrust
:rofl::rofl:

Just kidding :lol:

i hope the goat goes extinct soon so we can replace it with the leopard

any gentlemen up for a hunting trip ?

The horns are highly collectible.

I have a stuffed markhor and 1 with its skin and horns....... me and my father camped for 3 days on suleiman ranges,Zhob Balouchistan(Pakistan).... i know a local who sold a baby markhor who only 10000 rs to a guy here....... leopards are also found in muree,Balouchistan and other nothern parts of Pakistan.....

Our National bird is Hubara Bustard.... one of the most rare birds on earth.... me and my pop shot 2 last winter in baolouchistan.....

He was replying to people who claimed that there were hardly any snow leopards in India and asking about population of snow leopards in Pakistan as well. You misinterpreted it.

no actually you misinterperated. I was talking about Markhor and Kallu be quoted my post and showing stats of Snow leopards instead

I have a stuffed markhor and 1 with its skin and horns....... me and my father camped for 3 days on suleiman ranges,Zhob Balouchistan(Pakistan).... i know a local who sold a baby markhor who only 10000 rs to a guy here....... leopards are also found in muree,Balouchistan and other nothern parts of Pakistan.....

Our National bird is Hubara Bustard.... one of the most rare birds on earth.... me and my pop shot 2 last winter in baolouchistan.....

I wish we had a do not like button here. I don't understand the fascination for hunting just for the thrill especially rare animals.

Hi
it's a goat :confused: . I thought it would be one of those Pheasants they are really awesome

Back
Top Bottom