What's new

Mark 2 Tejas revealed . 1st Flight 2023

you know what I told you

one squadron 16 planes, no 45 at border
no18 squadron with 4 planes,at sulur. this will only moved when full complement of 16 planes is achieved in 2022.

man you people are slow

yes we are slow but your brain is in the state of idle

The thread was,about tejas mark 2

take away 90 percent of the jealous envy posts the best contribution came from shabi1 on page 4

He suggested that too much time and funding will be taken to get this into serious production ie 2030.and indian air Force will.keep moving goal.posts as China build.more fifth gen fighters.

his opionion just double up tejas to mark 1a,and 1c by improving current lightweight fighter to 200 birds and move straight to Amca even using outside help I like Lockheed or Dassult

He thinks mk2 is too late in coming

buddy we are building 120 tejas at home to replace 60 year old Russian mig21.
we are going from 2nd generation airframe and engine to 4th generation with the best flybewire system.in all South Asia,bar the Rafale. yes better than f16 even. the best most efficient engine in general.electric worth 5 million dollars,each. with double the life expectancy and half the maintenance needs..

the,tejas is advanced way more advanced than even mirage2000 or your legacy f16 in flight control and airframe..

your thunder is,deemed insufficient for the country that built and designed then.ie China that tells me all I need to know it's credibility
NO
the order is for 80..after huge push by HAL and with PROMISE OF AN ENTIRELY NEW AIRCRAFT called tejas 2

NO
the order is for 80..after huge push by HAL and with PROMISE OF AN ENTIRELY NEW AIRCRAFT called tejas 2

NO SIR

40 Mark1 ( 20 in service in 2 sqds no 45 & no 18) = BLOCK 1

Final operational Clearance made

2nd production line set

83 MARK1 A ( BLOCK 2) to be signed this financial year ie before 31st march . Delivery starting 2023 when the remainming 20 block 1 is finished

MARK 2 enlarged version first fliight stated 2023 but more likely 2024 with FOC likely 2030 around the time all 83 mark1a delivered

Indian Indigenous is nothing more than shelved Mirage-4000 project.

View attachment 692342
View attachment 692343
NO SIR

2nd production line set

83 MARK1 A ( BLOCK 2) to be signed this financial year ie before 31st march . Delivery starting 2023 when the remainming 20 block 1 is finished

MARK 2 enlarged version first fliight stated 2023 but more likely 2024 with FOC likely 2030 around the time all 83 mark1a delivered

Signing for 83 MK1 has been waiting for 3 years now.......

NO SIR

2nd production line set

Mark-2 will be the whole new design unrelated to Tejas development you mean enlarged version than it will change center of mass/ center of gravity/center of pressure for Mark-2, it will take to tweak out all bugs on Mark-2 in 3-5 years but first flight of Mark-2 in 2023 will be impossible, first flight will be in 2026/27 time frame which is quite reasonable

I know mk1 is an infant baby, hardly learning to walk while thunder is a mature fighter, India needs time to get it mature like it matures its mk1 design. Let not compare them before mks got out of their infancy at least.

I always ready to do comparison with Hal tejas Mk1 and JF 17 block 2 at any time.

all about requirements of the airforce. If JF 17 was so good then CHina has also inducted in their inventory but they never inducted and will never induct because they have better aircrafts for their requirements.

The same goes to India, HAL Tejas MK1 is just same as likeJF 17 block 2 and IAF is not ready to accept as same as Chinese. IAF is looking more capable fighter plane and HAL Tejas MK1a better suits to IAF. Just like JF 17 block 3 most properly will be a better aircraft.

Last edited:
pakistan will.never admit this but they swear by western technology
they worship f16 and usa technology and their French built mirage is legendary .

they want Rafale or f16 block 70.but it will never happen both political.and financial.reasons

Russia want hard cash so that payment terms and high maintenance plus pressure from.jndia makes Russian planes difficult but not impossible

that leaves China only
they will.sing their praises till.the world ends
they can't even get their top line stuff no j10 no j16 no j11.
just thunders
but at least they get experience of assembly and input into development future blocks and it's affordable and quick delivery
grow up tiny man!

I always ready to do comparison with Hal tejas Mk1 and JF 17 block 2 at any time.

all about requirements of the airforce. If JF 17 was so good then CHina has also inducted in their inventory but they never inducted and will never induct because they have better aircrafts for their requirements.

The same goes to India, HAL Tejas MK1 is just same as likeJF 17 block 2 and IAF is not ready to accept as same as Chinese. IAF is looking more capable fighter plane and HAL Tejas MK1a better suits to IAF. Just like JF 17 block 3 most properly will be a better aircraft.
Yeah you are ready but Tejas is not. that is what I trying to draw your attention to.
Thunder is specifically tailored for Pakistan's needs and PAF operational doctrine. That is why you see prolific induction of thunders into many squadrons in PAF. China too has gained tremendous experience from thunder and using it for manufacturing so many fighter planes.
Manufacturing of thunder has given Pakistan freedom from any restrictions in shape arm embargo and arm twisting. It is just a good start, and it has a long way to go to an all-embracing self-reliant destination.

Yeah you are ready but Tejas is not. that is what I trying to draw your attention to.
Thunder is specifically tailored for Pakistan's needs and PAF operational doctrine. That is why you see prolific induction of thunders into many squadrons in PAF. China too has gained tremendous experience from thunder and using it for manufacturing so many fighter planes.
Manufacturing of thunder has given Pakistan freedom from any restrictions in shape arm embargo and arm twisting. It is just a good start, and it has a long way to go to an all-embracing self-reliant destination.

Ohh please now your backing from your words.

Thunder is specifically tailored for Pakistan's needs and PAF operational doctrine. That is why you see prolific induction of thunders into many squadrons in

I said previously and saying again, chinese developed and made the fighter for Pakistan with their inputs and as per their requirements. Just a good businessman do sometimes, make products as per customer requirements

China too has gained tremendous experience from thunder and using it for manufacturing so many fighter planes.

No, They not needed. They already had and were developing better aircraft's. I could say that JF 17 project got benefits due to chinese was already developed and working on many technologies for their aircafts.

Manufacturing of thunder has given Pakistan freedom from any restrictions in shape arm embargo and arm twisting

India is manufacturing the aircrafts from many decades but it is not about only manufacturing a OEM product.

IF I look at Pakistan and US relationship before 1990s then no one can thought that table will be turn around. Pakistan enjoyed a romance relationship with US a very good long time and now doing the same with China.

Now, people are not happy with US aircrafts and talks about restriction and arm embargo, blah blah...

Ohh Man- OEM product will be a OEM product. That is a reality.. When your start planning, designing and developing any aircraft that will be game changer for pakistan but again, pakistan still needs to start from "0" point. Thanks

Last edited:
Ohh please now your backing from your words.

Thunder is specifically tailored for Pakistan's needs and PAF operational doctrine. That is why you see prolific induction of thunders into many squadrons in

I said previously and saying again, chinese developed and made the fighter for Pakistan with their inputs and as per their requirements. Just a good businessman do sometimes, make products as per customer requirements

China too has gained tremendous experience from thunder and using it for manufacturing so many fighter planes.

No, They not needed. They already had and were developing better aircraft's. I could say that JF 17 project got benefits due to chinese was already developed and working on many technologies for their aircafts.

Manufacturing of thunder has given Pakistan freedom from any restrictions in shape arm embargo and arm twisting

India is manufacturing the aircrafts from many decades but it is not about only manufacturing a OEM product.

IF I look at Pakistan and US relationship before 1990s then no one can thought that table will be turn around. Pakistan enjoyed a romance relationship with US a very good long time and now doing the same with China.

Now, people are not happy with US aircrafts and talks about restriction and arm embargo, blah blah...

Ohh Man- OEM product will be a OEM product. That is a reality.. When your start planning, designing and developing any aircraft that will be game changer for pakistan but again, pakistan still needs to start from "0" point. Thanks

When IAF pilots are facing PL-15s chasing them out of the sky and shooting then down, do you really think the first thing on their minds will be "Oh well, may die now, but Pakistan did not builds this missile themselves so I have the last laugh", or do you think Wing Co Abhi is at home having a cuppa thinking "Well sure, they shot me down, but only by using a missile they bought at a subsidised price by a fickle ally"!?

So you are comparing a plane that has not even been built in model form to a type that has flown and entering service? Yeah, that sounds about right....

When IAF pilots are facing PL-15s chasing them out of the sky and shooting then down, do you really think the first thing on their minds will be "Oh well, may die now, but Pakistan did not builds this missile themselves so I have the last laugh", or do you think Wing Co Abhi is at home having a cuppa thinking "Well sure, they shot me down, but only by using a missile they bought at a subsidised price by a fickle ally"!?

So you are comparing a plane that has not even been built in model form to a type that has flown and entering service? Yeah, that sounds about right....

When IAF pilots are facing PL-15s chasing them out of the sky and shooting then down, do you really think the first thing on their minds will be "Oh well, may die now, but Pakistan did not builds this missile themselves so I have the last laugh", or do you think Wing Co Abhi is at home having a cuppa thinking "Well sure, they shot me down, but only by using a missile they bought at a subsidised price by a fickle ally

Good story, please continue! Might will read by Pakistan film producer and make a Lollywood movie.

I could understand pain of you! because Pakistan can't make a even trainer fighter then you think " how can India"? So, even if 100s Tejas will be inducted then also you will say the same lines.

I honestly believe your thunders block 1 and 2 are at best comparable to mark 1 tejas at best

paper specs the indian fighters have more modern lower rcs airframe and better radar and engine being israeli and usa origin.

that leaves sd10 versus Derby and r73
again I go with israeli Derby..

your mark 3 looks to be adding things we added in mark1a,
ie aesa radar
better redesigned airframe with quadrupled fbw composites,etc.
and this famous pl15 your all banking on .

my understanding you cannot change the airframe of the 100 thunders already produced,to composites or full quadrupled fbw. but can upgrade them.to aesa and better avionics .

mark3 looks good and by them.time we start to receive the mark1a in 2023 2024 you will have received 30 of the 50.mark 3 already.

now that will.be good fight imo and worth discussing

Last edited:
horse shit again

which part of no45 and no18 sqd
you finding difficult to believe

you had to induct a half baked thunder in 6 sqds how else you replacing 300 1960s era mirages 3 and 5 and chinease f7 .

Do any have FOC examples? No. None of the aircraft the IAF possess have been cleared for full operation.

How many aircraft does Number 18 Sqd have? What 3?

Tell me if anything above is horseshit, also temper your language.
When IAF pilots are facing PL-15s chasing them out of the sky and shooting then down, do you really think the first thing on their minds will be "Oh well, may die now, but Pakistan did not builds this missile themselves so I have the last laugh", or do you think Wing Co Abhi is at home having a cuppa thinking "Well sure, they shot me down, but only by using a missile they bought at a subsidised price by a fickle ally

Good story, please continue! Might will read by Pakistan film producer and make a Lollywood movie.

I could understand pain of you! because Pakistan can't make a even trainer fighter then you think " how can India"? So, even if 100s Tejas will be inducted then also you will say the same lines.

So PAF shooting down a plane last year was a "good story"!?

Hard to respect any argument made by someone who is quoting capabilities of a plane that has not successfully flown yet.

Back
Top Bottom