What's new

Marines issue: Italy may recall ambassador to India

I find it strange and sad, that indians want break the friendship with a nation that always was friends with them. Always helped when possible and did never anything bad to india. I honestly don´t know what to think about this that some seem to be unable to make a difference between friend and enemy. And unable to find a solution where both sides can save face. Yes italy made mistakes in this entire thing. I admit. But so did india. I hope we can find a solution both sides can live with and start new.

Don't deliberately misconstrue my statement. This is about this two Italian soldiers. Neither this government nor the previous one wants to or wanted to really pursue this matter, it is the Supreme Court that is the key here. Other than a Presidential pardon, there is nothing much that is possible now. Unless the court that has been set up agrees that India had no jurisdiction or decides quickly on the matter & transfers the marines to Italy.
Hmmmm, amazing.
Nope, it just ended free trade talks and pushed embargo on indian products. Thats all necessary now.

Embargo on Indian product? :rofl:

And who gonna support you in this whole embargo just because of 2 Italian Marines indicted in India? French or Germans or UK?

Bro, you are seriously out of touch with geopolitics and India's relation with other European countries.

I find it strange and sad, that indians want break the friendship with a nation that always was friends with them. Always helped when possible and did never anything bad to india. I honestly don´t know what to think about this that some seem to be unable to make a difference between friend and enemy. And unable to find a solution where both sides can save face. Yes italy made mistakes in this entire thing. I admit. But so did india. I hope we can find a solution both sides can live with and start new.

What was India's mistake? That it pushed the case?

BTW, I never remember like India-Italy 100 yrs partnership. Yeah, we were never enemies, but we were never friends at all.

*cough* Coffee Club *cough*

Excuse me? Are you living in some alternate reality? Forget friendship, the only cultural exchanges between India and Italy have been limited to pizza and Calzone. You have never helped or harmed India. You simply don't matter to India.

Hmmmm, amazing.

Embargo on Indian product? :rofl:

And who gonna support you in this whole embargo just because of 2 Italian Marines indicted in India? French or Germans or UK?

Bro, you are seriously out of touch with geopolitics and India's relation with other European countries.

What was India's mistake? That it pushed the case?

BTW, I never remember like India-Italy 100 yrs partnership. Yeah, we were never enemies, but we were never friends at all.

*cough* Coffee Club *cough*

Forbidden fruit: EU ban on mangoes cuts off Indian summer | Life and style | The Guardian

European Parliament adopts resolution, asks India to allow return of Italian marines | The Indian Express

Germany Supports Italy as Trial of Marines in Sea Killing Case in India Stalled

Italian marines' issue halting India-EU relationship, says German ambassador - Worldnews.com

Italian marines case may impact ties with India: EU - The Hindu

The Union Home Ministry’s decision to drop the death penalty clause while prosecuting two Italian marines in the case of killing Indian fishermen has come at a time when not just the Italians but other high-level European leaders have started speaking publicly about it.

The views of European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso are well-known. The visiting German President Joachim Gauck also weighed into the subject of death penalty, unusually during his speech at a banquet hosted by President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday.

Mr. Gauck made it clear that in an open dialogue between friends, it was useful to speak on points of disagreement. These include capital punishment, which Europe has abolished and outlawed.

“Our societies may be different but recognition of the universal nature of human rights issues is extremely important to both our peoples. I see the enormous challenges and difficulties that face India in terms of human rights issues. I can only encourage you to do everything possible to enable the citizens of your country to enjoy their rights,” he said.

The German President had decided not to attend the Sochi Winter Olympic Games that began on Friday. Although he gave no reasons, major German media outlets attributed his decision to Russia’s human rights record, especially its views on the rights of gays and lesbians. However, the German President did not say anything on this issue here although it is acknowledged that India’s law is as unrelenting as Russia’s. Exactly a week before the German President made his observations on the death penalty, the EC President was more specific, leaving none in doubt that he was speaking on the trial of the two Italian marines in India.

After meeting Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta in Brussels, Mr. Barroso warned that any decision on the case might have an impact on the overall EU-India relations and would be assessed carefully. “The EU encourages India to find, as a matter of urgency, a mutually satisfactory solution to the longstanding case of the Italian marines arrested in February 2012, in accordance with international law and the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea,” he said.

Indias mistake was to push this without any need and escalate this to the breaking point with a nation that was always friendly towards them. And our mistake was to escalate it as well. It should be solved now in a way that both sides can keep face. And that must be behind closed doors.

Seriously, now I got it, you definitely in another world.

Seriously, now I got it, you definitely in another world.

True.

1st world. Not in a slum.

I posted links as scource. You post bullshit. If thats all you can then i don´t know.

BTW @MarkusS here the news about GSP Plus.

India wants EU to do away with import duty on its textiles - Economic Times

Now find a link with Italian Marines.

True.

I posted links as scource. You post bullshit. If thats all you can then i don´t know.

Source? One news say other thing,,

okey, plz explain what the Mangoes have to do with Italian marines?

True.

No, no You are not in 1st world even, you are actually in zero world.Huh?

BTW @MarkusS here the news about GSP Plus.

India wants EU to do away with import duty on its textiles - Economic Times

Now find a link with Italian Marines.

Source? One news say other thing,,

okey, plz explain what the Mangoes have to do with Italian marines?

Italian marines’ issue may affect India-EU trade ties - The Times of India

Evry decission in EU must be voted yes from evry single nation. You can be sure that italy will block evry single contract with india as long india is hostile towards us. But thats not needed since germany and all others also support us.

We strongly support german president Gauck, who openly spoke about this in india and demanded a quick resolution for this.

Gauck also spend more time with women activists on his visit in india than indian government

Evry decission in EU must be voted yes from evry single nation. You can be sure that italy will block evry single contract with india as long india is hostile towards us. But thats not needed since germany and all others also support us.

We strongly support german president Gauck, who openly spoke about this in india and demanded a quick resolution for this.
I dont care.

First show me link between Marines and mangoes,, then we move forward.

On other note, you understand word "MAY".

Gauck also spend more time with women activists on his visit in india than indian government

You must be his PA.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

True.

Yea Italy is one of the jokes of the 1st world. I wonder why so many 1st world nations cant take their murderer faggot out of the slum called India. Before you start about the one in Italy, remember our court let him go temporarily out of compassion. Remember how italy got humiliated last time when they did not want to return. I am sure you dont want to be humiliated again.

Now tell me do you still feel proud to be in a first world nation who has to listen to the commands of India? Your 1st world sentence makes us laugh.

By the way why are you wasting so much time on a south asian forum. Desperation has a limit.

I dont care.

First show me link between Marines and mangoes,, then we move forward.

On other note, you understand word "MAY".

You must be his PA.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

No need to be his PA, since your government cried about this and called it foul play.

Gauck in India : 'Lacking in sensitivity'

"The longest meeting in Gauck's itinerary on the other hand, was a two-hour closed door meeting with a clutch of human rights activists, during which he had the head of Terre des Femmes, Irmingard Schewe-Gerigk seated to his right and whom he introduced as one of his 'pillars'. The agenda of the discussion was India's undoubtedly terrible reputation as the world's 'rape capital', human rights violations, the controversial criminalization of homosexuality by India's Supreme Court, child marriages, female foeticide."

"German ambassador to India, Michael Steiner, too, did not help President's Gauck's cause.

A day before the arrival of the president, at a press conference, Steiner 'hectored' India to release two Italian marines, who are being held in an Indian court for killing two Indian fishermen, as 'that would be in the best interest of India, Italy and the EU.""

Yea Italy is one of the jokes of the 1st world. I wonder why so many 1st world nations cant take their murderer faggot out of the slum called India. Before you start about the one in Italy, remember our court let him go temporarily out of compassion. Remember how italy got humiliated last time when they did not want to return. I am sure you dont want to be humiliated again.

Now tell me do you still feel proud to be in a first world nation who has to listen to the commands of India? Your 1st world sentence makes us laugh.

By the way why are you wasting so much time on a south asian forum. Desperation has a limit.

You amuse me on my train rides back home.

Shut up with the non sense you 1st workd clown.

Italy, germany, france today agreed to join the Asian infrastructure investment bank, of which india and china are few of the founding members.

Work hard for us my friend, remember Indian companies are the top European employers. I hope you work longer hours before you go home.

TCS Named Top Employer in Europe for Third Consecutive Year: Survey | NDTV Gadgets

TCS ranked as top employer in Europe - Yahoo News India

Most of you 1st world EuroClowns works for us. Please be nice employees.

Shut up with the non sense you 1st workd clown.

Italy, germany, france today agreed to join the Asian infrastructure investment bank, of which india and china are few of the founding members.

Work hard for us my friend, remember Indian companies are the top European employers. I hope you work longer hours before you go home.

TCS Named Top Employer in Europe for Third Consecutive Year: Survey | NDTV Gadgets

I work for a european consortium and have a 35h work week :D

No need to be his PA, since your government cried about this and called it foul play.

Gauck in India : 'Lacking in sensitivity'

"The longest meeting in Gauck's itinerary on the other hand, was a two-hour closed door meeting with a clutch of human rights activists, during which he had the head of Terre des Femmes, Irmingard Schewe-Gerigk seated to his right and whom he introduced as one of his 'pillars'. The agenda of the discussion was India's undoubtedly terrible reputation as the world's 'rape capital', human rights violations, the controversial criminalization of homosexuality by India's Supreme Court, child marriages, female foeticide."

"German ambassador to India, Michael Steiner, too, did not help President's Gauck's cause.

A day before the arrival of the president, at a press conference, Steiner 'hectored' India to release two Italian marines, who are being held in an Indian court for killing two Indian fishermen, as 'that would be in the best interest of India, Italy and the EU.""

Then yes, he was wasting his time, money and fuel.

BTW, he was so unimportant that I was even dont know about this visit. Sorry, for my ignorance.

I only remember Obama, Shinzo Abe, Xi Jinping and Putin visiting India. These are four countries with France and UK, that are very important in Indian dynamics.

On other note, dont change the topic, give me link between Mangoes and Marines.

the controversial criminalization of homosexuality by India's Supreme Court

Ahh, this shows your level of ignorance. Even if ignore, then why comment when you dont know matters of other countries?

Back
Top Bottom