What's new

Manohar Parrikar talks of all-women units, reignites combat role debate

I am not in favour of all Women's battalion units. I mean this is Army for God's sake. Not some school exhibition.

If men's have problem with women's leading them, then purge those guys instead of bending backwards.

Mixed gender battalion is the way.

A horrible idea to be honest.

A horrible idea to be honest.

Its best. An all female battalion in army will have mixed results and let's be honest about it. But an mixed battalion, consisting of 20-30% women's in a unit can be effective. Women's are naturally soft hearted and take a good approach towards elder kids, women's and others. While men's are foolhardy and aggressive. :D
In fact in paramilitary accusations of rape, molestation have come down whenever women teams have joined men's team in maoist areas.

Its best. An all female battalion in army will have mixed results and let's be honest about it.
No mixed results there, the result have always been unanimously abysmal compared to their all male counter-units, if that's a word.
But an mixed battalion, consisting of 20-30% women's in a unit can be effective.
Effective in what context??If you mean to say effective in crowd control and in search & apprehend type of missions, then of course, they can be highly effective but in front line active combat duties, these units have shown to work even worse than the all female units.That's why the so called female warriors in both IDF and also USMC have be long since been withdrawn from active combat duties after they were done burning their hands with such social experiments!!I just don't see why do we have to do the same to find out something that'\s already well-known and well documented, it just defies any sense of logic!!Guess Mr Parrikar has gone full potato, you know what they say about going full potato, don't ya?? :D :D
Women's are naturally soft hearted and take a good approach towards elder kids, women's and others.
In general, yes...........except those over jealous feminazi types, I once got knocked out by one of those suckers!!True story!!
While men's are foolhardy and aggressive. :D
Have gotta agree here!!This stupid pair of ballz we've got, makes us do all sorta stupid things, only to drown ourselves in self hate and regret and guilty feelings afterwards, when the sense of sanity returns. :D
In fact in paramilitary accusations of rape, molestation have come down whenever women teams have joined men's team in maoist areas.
As @Abingdonboy has rightly said, mixed units can be highly effective in such type of operations, where winning the hearts and minds of the local population happens to be one of the prime objectives, but in front line active combat duties during a full blown out conflict or even LIC situations, that's (employing female soldiers) one avenue best kept unexplored............if we are to draw the right lessons from the experiences gained by the nations who have already given it a try and failed miserably!!

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom