What's new

Manmohan & Hu Jintao declare 2012 as year of India-China friendship

when Xi Jinping says it then it's something, Hu is leaving soon more of Hu last year, making gestures like these.

when Xi Jinping says it then it's something, Hu is leaving soon more of Hu last year, making gestures like these.
Chinese government is ruled by a group instead of a president. Hu cannot show his opinion alone. He speaks for other 8, including Xi, and basically CCP. I guess it is the same case in other countries. Presidents are representatives of their parties instead of Kings of the countries.

This is indeed good development. There's mistrust between the two countries and that will continue for quite sometime. But economic cooperation and common interests will eventually triumph. People exchange will beat internet warriors and hawkish media in a long run. Glad to see current leaders from both sides are more pragmatic instead of ideological.

I see the same trend happening between Pakistan and India as well (Power export). For all three countries, the top three most important things are development, development and development. Border disputes make one's blood boiling but to billions of poor people struggling to have ends meet, it is just a story.

Chinese government is ruled by a group instead of a president. Hu cannot show his opinion alone. He speaks for other 8, including Xi, and basically CCP. I guess it is the same case in other countries. Presidents are representatives of their parties instead of Kings of the countries.

Agreed on the China part. One thing good about Chinese government is that compared to countries like USA, Japan etc, its foreign policies are very consistent and won't change easily with the replacement of its leaders.

Through Xi is the next leader of china it would mean alot more, however I agree with you on the rest.

But it's far from Indians Sing Chini-Hindi Bhai Bhai again.

Just before two month our media was shouting at chinese army who destroyed a wall near tawang, now what happened ???

Tawang is deep behind LAC and this is just hard to believe. If this had happened it would've made front page international news. As some mentioned below, I'd rather trust your government since they know the full picture and have national interest in mind.

This coming after China's warning to India about searching for oil in the So. China sea.

This is Hu last year and Xi would be taking over not to mention he did not make a visit to india correct ?
Ah... From this aspect you consider this.
Hmm, only one of them can attend this summit. I think since Hu is the current formal leader of China. It may show our respect better to send Hu visit India.
But I agree with you on whether the goodwill can be converted to truth remains to be seen.

Positive development :tup:

Only few internet warriors think otherwise. Recently my friend visited China and he told me that you that can't believe how helpful are chinese.

Glad to hear about that. There're more and more Indians study and living in China, and vise visa.

Only a few days ago I ran into this video while seeing what's happening in my hometown. This India young folk opened an Indian restaurant (Tajmahal Indian restaurant) just two blocks from where I grew up. He made this video and advertised in on China's youtube site (video start after 5 second advertisement)

Tajmahal Indian restaurant in my home town, Changchun

I heard there're quite some Indian medical students in my hometown: Changchun

China is already dreaming of ruling the world and India have a dream of beating China, so the twain expectations shall never meet, platitudes do not make foreign policy or change human nature.

True. The Politburo Standing committee of 9 candidates is what actually rules China. The President and the Premier are part of this committee. The statements made by world leaders are not their personal statements. This cant be said about true Monarchies and Dictatorships, though.

But yes, what is say is true, except that atleast for multi-party democracies, foreign policies are not the wont of political parties, but the collective consensus reached between various parties, usually hammered out by well qualified bureaucrats. Parties in power may change, but not the over all foreign policy.

I think last year a similar news was written.

"2011 will be friendship between India-China"

Look where they are now

Back
Top Bottom