What's new

Man wearing suicide jacket arrested in Islamabad

s90

Reaction score
cd8d6163d94dc5adaf2cb75c51e0daea.gif

Updated at: 2103 PST, Thursday, October 22, 2009

ISLAMABAD: Islamabad police have arrested a suspected man wearing a jacket full of explosives.

The suspect was arrested from Islamabad Sector I-9. The police frisked him and found that the man with grey beard, identified as Barlesh, was wearing a jacket loaded with explosives, sources said.

Bullets have also been recovered from his jacket.

Police tied his arms above his head and took him to I-9 Police Station where bomb disposal squad took the jacket off of his body under strict security.

:tup: Some lives have been saved today by our Police.

Now people should know why they use kids, an old man is not mentally ready to kill himself. But kid, he doesn't know what their handlers are asking for.
Just press the bottom and you will be in heaven.

Last edited:
the frequency with which these attacks are occurring and the coordinated mode suggest that they have a well developed network in Islamabad and Lahore which the security agencies so far have failed to discover. every day they are coming out of holes and doing great damage. is there lack of commitment or ability.

At the cost of offending many people ( mainly our countrymen from the frontier ) let me just add that in Lahore and Islamabad there is not so much ethnic profiling done , and people are not targetted based on ethnicty.

Today there was an article in Dawn titled 'The curious case of Karachi' which sort of talks about why there are less attacks in Karachi than say places like Lahore , Islamabad etc I havent read that article but just the head line struck me and that is:

The Pathan population in Karachi knows that if they go left and right they will nailed there and then no questions asked. Mustafa Kamal very openly pointed them out , there have have been bust ups and in general they know that they will be ethnically profiled should there be any distrubances in the city.

Where as in Lahore and Islamabad that is not the case and most people will just let it be and not target any particular group even when its clear where the majority of terrorists are coming from

At the cost of offending many people ( mainly our countrymen from the frontier ) let me just add that in Lahore and Islamabad there is not so much ethnic profiling done , and people are not targetted based on ethnicty.

Today there was an article in Dawn titled 'The curious case of Karachi' which sort of talks about why there are less attacks in Karachi than say places like Lahore , Islamabad etc I havent read that article but just the head line struck me and that is:

The Pathan population in Karachi knows that if they go left and right they will nailed there and then no questions asked. Mustafa Kamal very openly pointed them out , there have have been bust ups and in general they know that they will be ethnically profiled should there be any distrubances in the city.

Where as in Lahore and Islamabad that is not the case and most people will just let it be and not target any particular group even when its clear where the majority of terrorists are coming from

so you think its just the ethnic profiling which is the problem. terrorists have nothing to do with Pashtuns. in fact its the Pashtuns who are suffering the most.

so you think its just the ethnic profiling which is the problem. terrorists have nothing to do with Pashtuns. in fact its the Pashtuns who are suffering the most.

dear friend I knew what Im about to write will cause offense but this is unfortuantely a fact and the offensive in waziristan is exacerbating this.

yes I know our enemies ( mainly india/US) will try to exploit these issues if we bring them the open but if you dont tackle this issue then you have live with these 'security failures'.

Let me tell you ( and other readers ) about an encounter I had with a fellow countryman from NWFP.

This gent is into playing music and what not and we were together at a house where we were looking at some guns and a discussion started on guns and their usage etc and as he felt his knowledge about the subject was limited in a remark he praised the taliban for knowing a lot about guns and going around on montians wearing 'chappals'.

What Im trying to say is that even amongst the very educated Pashtuns ( this guy plays music and he KNOWS that the Taliban will nail his a s s should they find out yet he will praise them simply because they are Pashtun ).

If pashtunwali is rubbing against the interests of the state then you have a problem my friend and denying this wont make it go away.

I completely disagree bro.:disagree:Pushtoons are our brothers.They are not the problem.The problem is Wazrisitan base.

Let me tell you ( and other readers ) about an encounter I had with a fellow countryman from NWFP.

This gent is into playing music and what not and we were together at a house where we were looking at some guns and a discussion started on guns and their usage etc and as he felt his knowledge about the subject was limited in a remark he praised the taliban for knowing a lot about guns and going around on montians wearing 'chappals'.

What Im trying to say is that even amongst the very educated Pashtuns ( this guy plays music and he KNOWS that the Taliban will nail his a s s should they find out yet he will praise them simply because they are Pashtun ).

If pashtunwali is rubbing against the interests of the state then you have a problem my friend and denying this wont make it go away.
So What?I know several well educated Punjabis and Mohajirs who completely support Talibans.

you are making your opinion on your encounter with just one pashtun. i can quote you hundreds of non-pashtuns who praise taliban.

Originally Posted by pakdefender View Post
he praised the taliban for knowing a lot about guns and going around on montians wearing 'chappals'.

it does not mean he supports Taliban. praising an enemy for their skills is not tantamount to supporting them. i would be the last person on earth to support any terrorist, but i am convinced that the latest terrorists attacks on GHQ and lahore were highly sophisticated and they were well trained. does it mean i support them.

( this guy plays music and he KNOWS that the Taliban will nail his a s s should they find out yet he will praise them simply because they are Pashtun )
it is your own conclusion from what he said. there is no indication of his support for Taliban because both of them are pashtuns.

Mr. Pakdefender, I think Karachi has faced less trouble becasue of MQM's interface structure with its masses.
Best way to fight this menace is to have a practical local bodies (union council) system.
We should dissolve the provincies because they are the biggest nuissance and good for nothing.

A comment on wel established network....... how the hell an organisation can establish on street level in just 2 years?
imagine if some one approach you for house renting purpose, who have no reason to be there or his credentials does not match his spending or he has no roots to any where in Pakistan! than you will definately be suspisious and he will be busted but this is happening.

There is definately a group of people in Pakistan who are assisting them, in finding safe houses, street maping and target identification.
either they are part of corrupt mafia willing to sell their mothers for money or some fanatics which are always easy to exploit.

For example, many hate Zia ul Haq for religous reasons and if given a chance would be willing to co-operate in killing of people belonging to his religous sect.
For example, many hate Musharraf for political reasons and if given a chance would be willing to weaken army. etc. etc.

BTW, capturing of this old man shows that either TTP is running out of children or either they don't have enough trained or they are saving them for final battel.
It can also be the case of misguiding etc.. we need to keep vigilant and not jump to conclusions very fast.

A good job by Islamabad Police. I hope they keep on the good work.

This guy should be properly used to uncover the network. Man, my university is just meters away from IIUI and could have happened there.

close all Madrassa, Lal Majid in Islamabad and Rawal pindi, all good. Make intelligence much more efficient. Less policing in uniform.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom