What's new

Man attempts to steal INS Chakra documents

Sergi

Reaction score
Country
India

TNN | Apr 12, 2012, 02.55AM IST
VISAKHAPATNAM: Exactly a week after the 8,140-tonne nuclear-powered attack submarine INS Chakra was inducted into the Indian Navy on a 10-year lease from Russia, a brazen attempt was made to steal key documents pertaining to the submarine from a star hotel here on Wednesday.

Police are trying to trace the unidentified assailant with the help of the video footage. Speculation is rife that the accused fled The spot by taking away some important documents on security matters. The attempt to steal the secret documents was made in Novotel Hotel room (No. 534) of a high- ranked Russian officer T Alexander when he was away. Alexander, who is a vice admiral rank officer, was shocked to see his room lock broken when he returned around 2.30 pm. He immediately called the police.

He had kept 80,000 worth Russian currency, a laptop, some electronic gadgets and Rs 2,000 Indian currency in the room which were intact.

A senior police official said the accused had tried in vain to break open the secret locker in the room. But unconfirmed reports said he walked away with some documents from the locker. It remains a mystery as to how the accused could easily make his way to the top ranking official's room in a high-profile star hotel where security is fool-proof. A Clues team and fingerprint experts were rushed to the hotel soon after the Russian's complaint.

Sources said Alexander had come to Vizag on March 30 to train the sailors of INS Chakra. "He would be camping here for nearly a month. Several Russian officers are also staying in star hotels like Park, Taj Gateway and Novotel," sources said.

When contacted, city police commissioner Purnachandra Rao said that an attempt was made to burgle the room. "We would track the accused with the help of the video footage and arrest him. No document has been stolen," he said. He refused to divulge any further details. Naval authorities refused to comment on the matter.

Man attempts to steal INS Chakra documents - The Times of India

ISI surely is the prime suspect?

Now who is derailing the thread ?

#Oh..pleaseee for gods sake.. stop flattering yourself. The SSN is pride of our Eastern Command and meant for our NE neighbour not you guys. That SSN has certainly ruffled some feathers in China :woot:

#Oh..pleaseee for gods sake.. stop flattering yourself. The SSN is pride of our Eastern Command and meant for our NE neighbour not you guys. That SSN has certainly ruffled some feathers in China :woot:

LMAOF. Dude do you know anything about your country? You don't even border any source of water with China. :rofl:
How are submarines pointed at them?

LMAOF. Dude do you know anything about your country? You don't even border any source of water with China. :rofl:

This is for the 'great game' in Indian Ocean & South China Sea.

Hahaha...you poor knowledge of world geography and affairs is relevent in your post :rofl:

The SSNs (as well as SSBNs) would be basically targeting china bcoz the Kilo-class and the future Scorpene-class
(and perhaps Amur too) would be more than enough to sink you entire navy.

The SSN would ofcourse, in times of war, attack any chinese vessel that tries to cross Malacca strait or
one that would be present in IOR. The SSBNs (with their K-4 3500kms & K-5/6 6000kms-ranged SLBMs) would, without a doubt
meant to target chinese mainland.

It would be better if you keep your logic (lol) to yourself instead of pointing your sunken Ghazi at us :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Abt Ghazi (One was enough to keep IN at bay).I wonder what 5 or 6 advnaced Ghazis can do to IN ........hmmmmm paralyze i guess......... :cheers: . Back to the topic.

So the documents they are gone....... It was a successful attempt on the part of whoever was involve......

Abt Ghazi (One was enough to keep IN at bay).I wonder what 5 or 6 advnaced Ghazis can do to IN ........hmmmmm paralyze i guess......... :cheers: . Back to the topic.

So the documents they are gone....... It was a successful attempt on the part of whoever was involve......

Hahahaha...i'm pretty sure you could find a good job in a circus, dude! :rofl:

A surface ship of 60s origin was enough to sink a ghazi perfectly, imagine what hundreds such ships of modern cutting-edge chnology, tens and tens of
submarines (nuclear/conventional) and in future 6-7 aircraft carrier battle groups with atleast 200-250 fighter
jets would do to you...hmmm...i think even IA and IAF wouldn't even be required to take down your entire
navy/army/air forces...our navy alone can blow up land/critter/and infra-s worth hundreds of billions overnight

:azn:

If I am not wrong..Ghazi Sank.

....There seems to be a concentrated effort to get the Navy's secrets....
Why isn't IB or RAW involved in the investigation?
What can police do with their antique resources and no counterespionage experience.

I wonder why they need our SUB

neighbour's jealousy is owner's pride...by the way...the russian officer is casual..India should charge that officer for handling sensitive documents so carelessly..

They both work together. ISI and Chinese Intel work together to gain info on India....It would not be a surprise to see Pakistan using their resources to gain access...

Back
Top Bottom