What's new

Malaysia considering to expell Dr Zakir Naik

Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

5abe1457e50b4367932a8c688af5c704_18.jpg

Malaysia's cabinet has discussed the permanent residency of Indian Muslim preacher Zakir Naik, with four ministers demanding his expulsion for allegedly making racially sensitive remarks in the multi-ethnic nation.

Naik, who has lived in Malaysia for about three years, has come under fire for his recent comments that Hindus in the Southeast Asian country had "100 times more rights" than the Muslim minority in India, and that they sometimes believed in the Indian government more than the Malaysian one.

Race and religion are sensitive issues in Malaysia, where Muslims make up about 60 percent of its 32 million people. The rest are mostly ethnic Chinese and Indians, most of whom are Hindus.

"We have expressed our position, which is that action must be taken and that Zakir Naik should no longer be allowed to remain in Malaysia," Gobind Singh Deo, minister of communications and multimedia, said in a statement.

"The prime minister has taken note of our concerns. We leave it to him to consider the position and to decide soonest possible what will be done to deal with the problem," he added.

Malaysia's Minister of Human Resources M Kulasegaran said Naik's comments could have been aimed at creating a fissure in the multiracial nation so he could win the favour of Muslims.

He said Naik did not deserve the status of a permanent resident.
Naik, who has repeatedly rejected the charges against him in India, denied the allegations made by Kulasegaran and others in Malaysia.
"My praise of the Malaysian government for its Islamic and fair treatment of Hindu minorities is being twisted and misquoted to suit political gains and create communal rifts," he said in a statement to reporters on Wednesday.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...cher-accused-hate-speech-190814041745124.html

Advertisement

Damn Indians, can't even let a old man rest in peace.

It would be a low blow if Malaysia actually gives in to the pressure. A sad day indeed. When you're more afraid of idol worshippers on the brink of extinction rather than protect your fellow Muslim that only speaks the truth. :rolleyes:

Damn Indians, can't even let a old man rest in peace.

It would be a low blow if Malaysia actually gives in to the pressure. A sad day indeed. When you're more afraid of idol worshippers on the brink of extinction rather than protect your fellow Muslim that only speaks the truth. :rolleyes:
and kids on this forum are expecting Malaysia to stand by Pakistan.

and kids on this forum are expecting Malaysia to stand by Pakistan.

Why not? What does Malaysia got to lose and what can it gain? :D

Maybe a couple billion lost from trade but what about the return?? They can gain more direct access to Indian markets when we takeover India and they might even get the Andaman Islands or some parts of it. ;)

But yea, the above is a pipe dream lol.....I know the bounds of "help" which we'll get...or none at all...

Aren't you a closet indian?.........:lol:........rajesh is that you, your cover is blown..... . :lol:

How did you reach that decision?

That's a really puzzling story...for now: Post Reported.

Malaysia's cabinet has discussed the permanent residency of Indian Muslim preacher Zakir Naik, with four ministers demanding his expulsion for allegedly making racially sensitive remarks in the multi-ethnic nation.

Naik, who has lived in Malaysia for about three years, has come under fire for his recent comments that Hindus in the Southeast Asian country had "100 times more rights" than the Muslim minority in India, and that they sometimes believed in the Indian government more than the Malaysian one.

Race and religion are sensitive issues in Malaysia, where Muslims make up about 60 percent of its 32 million people. The rest are mostly ethnic Chinese and Indians, most of whom are Hindus.

"We have expressed our position, which is that action must be taken and that Zakir Naik should no longer be allowed to remain in Malaysia," Gobind Singh Deo, minister of communications and multimedia, said in a statement.

"The prime minister has taken note of our concerns. We leave it to him to consider the position and to decide soonest possible what will be done to deal with the problem," he added.

Malaysia's Minister of Human Resources M Kulasegaran said Naik's comments could have been aimed at creating a fissure in the multiracial nation so he could win the favour of Muslims.

Naik, who has repeatedly rejected the charges against him in India, denied the allegations made by Kulasegaran and others in Malaysia.
"My praise of the Malaysian government for its Islamic and fair treatment of Hindu minorities is being twisted and misquoted to suit political gains and create communal rifts," he said in a statement to reporters on Wednesday.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...cher-accused-hate-speech-190814041745124.html

Advertisement
I wish he would just come to Pak.Those who are closest to Allah are given the hardest tests.

I doubt he feels that way.A man of God who preaches in his name doesn't hate people whether good or bad.
Man only seems to have said hindus in southeast asia have their qibla in India and thus rights to migrate back...than the Muslims of India. What's wrong with that? Considering Hindus lynching Muslims and won't lunch other Hindus irrespective of where they from

Hindus in the Southeast Asian country had "100 times more rights" than the Muslim minority in India, and that they sometimes believed in the Indian government more than the Malaysian one

He keeps calling me a Indian and worse in this and another thread too....

Half his posts on PDF is trolling too.
Man you keep getting called stuff all over...I am on mobile can't seem to do much right now...can you please quote his that mama msg so I will have a look at it and do the appropriate

Man only seems to have said hindus in southeast asia have their qibla in India and thus rights to migrate back...than the Muslims of India. What's wrong with that? Considering Hindus lynching Muslims and won't lunch other Hindus irrespective of where they from

Man you keep getting called stuff all over...I am on mobile can't seem to do much right now...can you please quote his that mama msg so I will have a look at it and do the appropriate
He wasn't exactly wrong and they seem to misinterpret him too alot of times.

Advertisement
Planted news, bt he can pakistan at anytime he wants bt then he ill painted a traitor by devil doval and modi ji, bt I gss he still go to UAE and KSA anytime he wants

Back
Top Bottom