What's new

Make In India - Fighter Jet musings - News, Developments, Updates - F16,F18, Gripen, Any other

The issue comes in spares supply.
See post here as in similar @ Joe Shearer said about spares in giving a general example to me.
As i said to him you can keep inventory for spares that you are sure going to be needed soon but you can't keep inventory for everything some unexpected problems can occur anytime but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be ready to deal with expected problems/repairs.

Side Note>> If you can spare some time i want an answer. (No intention to offend you in anyway but a detailed answer will be welcomed instead of one liners)
I have been getting this Individuality concept now. Now let's take Rafale , If we apply this so we can say all 36 aircraft will be different (to some possible extent) from each other. In this way all Rafales or any other aircraft is individually different from other aircraft of its type.

You people really saying this or something else i am not getting.

Last edited:
See post here as in similar @Joe Shearer said about spares in giving a general example to me.
As i said to him you can keep inventory for spares that you are sure going to be needed soon but you can't keep inventory for everything some unexpected problems can occur anytime but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be ready to deal with expected problems/repairs.

Side Note>> If you can spare some time i want an answer. (No intention to offend you in anyway but a detailed answer will be welcomed instead of one liners)
I have been getting this Individuality concept now. Now let's take Rafale , If we apply this so we can say all 36 aircraft will be different (to some possible extent) from each other. In this way all Rafales or any other aircraft is individually different from other aircraft of its type.

Do you guys really saying this or something else i am not getting.

I think you are not getting it.

You cannot have spares or inventory for a situation where every aircraft - every single aircraft - has a slightly different dimension to several parts.

Perhaps the problem is not with us.

So critically if Gripen or F16 allows a similar engine from India than yes its a possibility. Again such a thing is time consuming and also the fact remains its still far away in terms of actually available for IAF. Importantly Safranised Kaveri has to be delivered as well.
These fighters with Kaveri is a false assumption. F-16 is a 21 ton MTOW aircraft which requires 120kn+ thrust engine to fulfill its flight envelope. Which Kaveri is not. It will take 3-4 years to improve and certify kaveri. Now add 2-3 years just to integrate it to Gripen. If we can fly LCA mk1A with kaveri by 2021 why are we even considering these options?

See post here as in similar @ Joe Shearer said about spares in giving a general example to me.

You people really saying this or something else i am not getting.

Logistics.

Most of armed forces officers also pay scant attention to logistics. What in civil is called 'supply chain' and 'inventory'.

No war is won without working out your logistics to as best as you can. Can't give exact examples, but too many spares is a hell on your inventory and supply chain.

In short, we may have spares of one aircraft here but the aircraft goes there, how do you shift spares??

Its a nightmare in war when your trains, aircrafts and vehicles are all running around helter skelter

@Aero
Am on tab. Any specific thing you did not get from logistics view point, ask. Will clarify in general terms. No comments on LCA or any other platform

But think how will you shift different specs and different spares in a dynamic situation in war where assests shift faster than we can say faster

He's thick. No point.

Nope sir. He is learning. You are interacting for the first time I guess. Patience .....

@salarsikander read up here

And one more thread. Tagging there too

@Agent_47
F16 will not get a re engine option.. SO US fighters are much placed down the list. If they come it will be purely a political decision for geo strategic angle only.

As said in the other forum, its basically either LSA, LCA Mk2 or Gripen E which has the option of using a safranised Kaveri. What would be interesting will be the fact what kind of numbers comes out when compared to GE derivative engine used in Gripen versus say a Safranised Kaveri..

But all that is at least 4-5 years away.. so till then its just pure wait nothing else.

Logistics.

Most of armed forces officers also pay scant attention to logistics. What in civil is called 'supply chain' and 'inventory'.

No war is won without working out your logistics to as best as you can. Can't give exact examples, but too many spares is a hell on your inventory and supply chain.

In short, we may have spares of one aircraft here but the aircraft goes there, how do you shift spares??

Its a nightmare in war when your trains, aircrafts and vehicles are all running around helter skelter

@Aero
Am on tab. Any specific thing you did not get from logistics view point, ask. Will clarify in general terms. No comments on LCA or any other platform

But think how will you shift different specs and different spares in a dynamic situation in war where assests shift faster than we can say faster

Nope sir. He is learning. You are interacting for the first time I guess. Patience .....
Thank You, I got it now.
Keeping Aircraft ready with proper supply and wherever it will go will be quite resource taxing.
I was confusing with spares and thinking in totally different direction. In war time (Also in peace time) i think what i was proposing will not an ideal solution as will tend to burden logistics.

@Agent_47
F16 will not get a re engine option.. SO US fighters are much placed down the list. If they come it will be purely a political decision for geo strategic angle only.

As said in the other forum, its basically either LSA, LCA Mk2 or Gripen E which has the option of using a safranised Kaveri. What would be interesting will be the fact what kind of numbers comes out when compared to GE derivative engine used in Gripen versus say a Safranised Kaveri..

But all that is at least 4-5 years away.. so till then its just pure wait nothing else.
If LSA is confirmed in this no one can beat it. Let us wait till dec. Wounder what will this shukla and co do then!

These fighters with Kaveri is a false assumption. F-16 is a 21 ton MTOW aircraft which requires 120kn+ thrust engine to fulfill its flight envelope. Which Kaveri is not. It will take 3-4 years to improve and certify kaveri. Now add 2-3 years just to integrate it to Gripen. If we can fly LCA mk1A with kaveri by 2021 why are we even considering these options?

Lca mk1a with kaverio_O Not even tejas has got FOC AND TEJAS MK1a is a daydream. They are talking about 1tonne weight reduction , which i feel is next to impossible. Earlier they(HAL/ADA) said tejas would fly by 2018 now its delayed till 2021.Coming to kaveri , we dont know how much tech snemca will share in kaveri, most likely it will have m-88 core which will again take many years for the engine to validate.
so tejas mk1a with kaveri is a distant future.

Lca mk1a with kaverio_O Not even tejas has got FOC AND TEJAS MK1a is a daydream. They are talking about 1tonne weight reduction , which i feel is next to impossible. Earlier they(HAL/ADA) said tejas would fly by 2018 now its delayed till 2021.Coming to kaveri , we dont know how much tech snemca will share in kaveri, most likely it will have m-88 core which will again take many years for the engine to validate.
so tejas mk1a with kaveri is a distant future.
This new proposal has nothing to do with M88. Let us wait 3-4 months till we have a clear picture.

There is this constant vicious cycle of killing the LCA program from IAF. Tejas is meant to replace the all those single engined cafts that IAF has. If India goes for another foreign fighter in this category, it will kill TEJAS and will become another mig-21' program that Ruusa offered back in cold war days. I seriously hope and pray that GOI puts some sense into foreign ka maal vala mafia in IAF

I appreciate the Tage but plz Feds don't drag me in this F-16/18/35 BS. I am more than sure that they are not coming in our colours so just don't
What LSA?
Supposed to be "Light Stealth Aircraft " according to some dude of Indian def site. Dude talk about harvesting LCA gains and ToT to produce that in 2 years ;) well good luck to him.

There is this constant vicious cycle of killing the LCA program from IAF. Tejas is meant to replace the all those single engined cafts that IAF has. If India goes for another foreign fighter in this category, it will kill TEJAS and will become another mig-21' program that Ruusa offered back in cold war days. I seriously hope and pray that GOI puts some sense into foreign ka maal vala mafia in IAF

Nice to see kisi mein akal hai yaha pe

Back
Top Bottom