What's new

Majority of Pakistanis for 'Islamisation' of society: Poll

What is the meaning of "a majority of Pakistanis see themselves as Muslims first"?? How do we make sense of this?? Why is this even controversial and worthy of examination?? Please do help me understand.

Don't try to simple man it clearly states what it which thing you have not understood

Zarvan

Thank you but you should stick to topics you have some knowledge about, such as slogans and such.- I want to learn about the politics of identity and the use of of this concept by the state and armed forces

Goodness - your highness has been merely asked to justify the position expressed - your highness is entitled to any position you may find appeaking.

Take it easy, Valiant Soul -- the world of Islamia is bigger than 5 fan boys on Defense .pk whose understanding of Islam seems limited to slogans and imagined abuses, such as "liberal".

All around in Islamia, there is a great ferment, more is written today, more is read, more is expressed and absorbed by more Muslims than ever before and you see remarkable transformations both in sacral and secular thought, both in terms of objective and subjective secularism, and most importantly , secularization, I do encourage you to read authors other the communist Maududi, the fascist Qutb, the murderous Al-Faraj - begin with Sorush .
Muse who are you to insult these great scholars or other wise I will use some really harsh language don't insult the people who have died serving Islam or get read to read some really harsh language

Take it easy, Valiant Soul -- the world of Islamia is bigger than 5 fan boys on Defense .pk whose understanding of Islam seems limited to slogans and imagined abuses, such as "liberal".

I am at ease sir, you need not misjudge me. And my observations are not limited to this forum and its members. My observation is a reflection of the ground situation and of general psyche of the Muslim world.

All around in Islamia, there is a great ferment, more is written today, more is read, more is expressed and absorbed by more Muslims than ever before and you see remarkable transformations both in sacral and secular thought, both in terms of objective and subjective secularism, and most importantly , secularization, I do encourage you to read authors other the communist Maududi, the fascist Qutb, the murderous Al-Faraj - begin with Sorush .

That be the good news. However, my reading a thing won't change ground realities. If however you say that we will see change, then I have nothing to counter. I would only extend my well wishes.

Zarvan

Thank you but you should stick to topics you have some knowledge about, such as slogans and such.- I want to learn about the politics of identity and the use of of this concept by the state and armed forces

nobody used it sir its simple we are muslims and only muslims this false GOD of Nation was created by the Gora and Euorpean forces who divided the muslim lands

Good, thank you , now go away and play with the rest of the children - outside.

Good, thank you , now go away and play with the rest of the children - outside.

don't agree than give counter argument don't write
..................... here

nobody used it sir its simple we are muslims and only muslims this false GOD of Nation was created by the Gora and Euorpean forces who divided the muslim lands

So did Quresh seize to exist after conversion to Islam or did they continue to identify themselves as Quresh?

After the VISAAL of holy prophet wasn't it Hazrat Abu Bakr and Hazrat Umar who decided with other Sahaba from Makkah that they caliph is supposed to be from Quresh and not Ansaar? Why was being a muslim simply not enough when we are talking about no one other than the best of the best ASHAAB.

During the caliphate of Hazrat Usman was it not his affiliation with his tribe Bannu Ummaya that resulted in the wide spread discontent among the rest of Quresh in Makkah and Medina since all the key posts and governorships were going to Banny Ummayya?

During Hazrat Ali's caliphate were the battles not fought based on tribal affiliation to Bannu Ummayya and Bannu Hashim?

Did the Ommayads not create a system of MAWALI where non Arab converts to Islam had an inferior status to the Arab muslims and had to pay different taxes?

Did Abbassids not accede to power under the slogan of "CALIPHATE FOR BANNU HASHIM"?

Please avoid distorting history and blaming gora for all of your wrongdoings!!!!!

ISLAMABAD: A majority of Pakistanis favour the government taking steps for the "Islamisation" of society and almost a third of them believe the process should be completed in one go, according to new survey. A total of 67 per cent replied in the affirmative when they were asked during the survey carried out by Gallup Pakistan whether the government should take steps to "Islamise" the society.

Only 13 per cent said they believed there is no need for "Islamisation" while 20 per cent gave no response.

Forty eight per cent of respondents said steps to Islamise the society "should be taken one by one" while 31 per cent said the "steps should be taken at once". Twenty one per cent gave no response to a question on the process of Islamisation.

The study was carried out by Gallup Pakistan, the affiliate of Gallup International.

The survey was carried out among a sample of 2,738 men and women in rural and urban areas of all four provinces of Pakistan during January.

Rights activists and civil society groups have expressed concern over the perceived growth of influence of Islamist and radical groups in recent months.

The police guard who assassinated Punjab governor Salmaan Taseer for opposing the controversial blasphemy law in January was feted by Islamist groups as a hero and hundreds of lawyers offered to represent him for free.

Former federal minister Sherry Rehman virtually stopped making public appearances after being threatened by hardliners for her call for changes in the blasphemy law.

Majority of Pakistanis for 'Islamisation' of society: Poll - The Times of India

meaningless poll. 33% saying there's no need for any Islamization is quite a lot. That could be interpreted as an anti religion in politics group.

the majority who want more Islam might just mean they want more eg honesty.

Pakistani first then Muslim. Even Islam tell me to respect the land which you live in. I'm first Pakistani then Muslim because Religion is something which Allah will judge you for only you but Nation is build with people but Islam is build in your zamir. you could read 5 namaz but with no iman you are done, but who will judge you for that? it's Allah's job to judge us, and that is not until Day of judgement because this is why that day is called day of judgement, where as my nationality is Pakistan. when i travel no one ask me show me your ISLAM passport but they ask me give me your country Passport and this world you can't even go from one place to another without your country passport!

Pakistani first

Well said.

Like I said religion and nationality are two separate things, why people love to compare them is beyond me.

So did Quresh seize to exist after conversion to Islam or did they continue to identify themselves as Quresh?

After the VISAAL of holy prophet wasn't it Hazrat Abu Bakr and Hazrat Umar who decided with other Sahaba from Makkah that they caliph is supposed to be from Quresh and not Ansaar? Why was being a muslim simply not enough when we are talking about no one other than the best of the best ASHAAB.

During the caliphate of Hazrat Usman was it not his affiliation with his tribe Bannu Ummaya that resulted in the wide spread discontent among the rest of Quresh in Makkah and Medina since all the key posts and governorships were going to Banny Ummayya?

During Hazrat Ali's caliphate were the battles not fought based on tribal affiliation to Bannu Ummayya and Bannu Hashim?

Did the Ommayads not create a system of MAWALI where non Arab converts to Islam had an inferior status to the Arab muslims and had to pay different taxes?

Did Abbassids not accede to power under the slogan of "CALIPHATE FOR BANNU HASHIM"?

Please avoid distorting history and blaming gora for all of your wrongdoings!!!!!
sir my sincere advice to you is read Islamic History again because I have sir breaking tribal pride was the main focus of HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW after Islam these tribes name were just limited to be known as areas nothing else but it was not that Muslims from Iraq needed visa or even any kind of permission to settle in any other Muslim area that's what I am talking about

sir my sincere advice to you is read Islamic History again because I have sir breaking tribal pride was the main focus of HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW after Islam these tribes name were just limited to be known as areas nothing else but it was not that Muslims from Iraq needed visa or even any kind of permission to settle in any other Muslim area that's what I am talking about

Sure I am always trying to learn more so correct me which of the facts stated in my post are factually flawed.

all of this happened so that you can learn something from it instead of blaming Islamic history

all of this happened so that you can learn something from it instead of blaming Islamic history

The idea behind posting it is that the concept of nationhood exists in Islam. I aint blaming anybody or history I am simply trying to correct a misconption which has been spread lately on purpose that Islam suppresses nationhood. No it does not, it only emphasizes that in front of God Almighty all the nations are equal irrespective of color or creed, but it doesn't deny or defy nationhood.

The idea behind posting it is that the concept of nationhood exists in Islam. I aint blaming anybody or history I am simply trying to correct a misconption which has been spread lately on purpose that Islam suppresses nationhood. No it does not, it only emphasizes that in front of God Almighty all the nations are equal irrespective of color or creed, but it doesn't deny or defy nationhood.

Islam does not like Nationhood because it divides Muslims and it was used by hypo crates to divide Muslims

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Well said.

Like I said religion and nationality are two separate things, why people love to compare them is beyond me.

in Islam it is not

Back
Top Bottom