What's new

Majority of Pakistanis for 'Islamisation' of society: Poll

Jinnah no where said that Pakistan should be governed by Islamic Law. He created a Pakistan where everyone would be united under Pakistan, under the Muslim majority, where they could freely practice their religions & live without discrimination from the majority. And this has not been achieved.

I will suggest you u to go to Lahore and See the "Tomb of Pakistan" Minar-e-Pakistan and see what is written there and and why it was made and what was ideology of Pakistan..............and what Allam Iqabal Gave Idea to Made Pakistan....and what Quaid Said about New Country (Pakistan) when he resigned from All India Congress Party .....................boy you need to read the history....don't comment without knowledge.

Pakistani first then Muslim. Even Islam tell me to respect the land which you live in. I'm first Pakistani then Muslim because Religion is something which Allah will judge you for only you but Nation is build with people but Islam is build in your zamir. you could read 5 namaz but with no iman you are done, but who will judge you for that? it's Allah's job to judge us, and that is not until Day of judgement because this is why that day is called day of judgement, where as my nationality is Pakistan. when i travel no one ask me show me your ISLAM passport but they ask me give me your country Passport and this world you can't even go from one place to another without your country passport!

Pakistani first

Islam has already become a creed of people who are fighting each other to show that they are a better Muslim.

Every Muslim considers Prophet Mohammad ( PBUH) as a role model, and his deeds (recorded in various Hadiths) are followed to the core.

Eating by right hand, heena dyed beard, length of beard etc; such petty things have become a bone on contention for the various muslims to fight and ridicule each other.by doing this they have made Islam a religion full of antics and bigotry, and in following the Prophet Mohammad(PBUH), they have transformed ISLAM, giving it a new face which is completely opposite to what Prophet Mohammed(PBUH) dreamt of.

The day muslims come out of this bigotry and cheap antics, Inshallah,Islam would once again have a prominent place in the World.

You took my point to the extreme. There is nothing wrong with Islam as a religion, problem is with politician who have used it as a token of popularity among people. The competition is not between religions of the world or people who follow them but competition is among politicians and religious gurus who are using religious belief of people to have a better political standing among their people.

There will always be politicians and religious leaders like that, even India have them, but its a responsibility of the society to recognize them and their true intent and reject them. I dare say that in Pakistan's case it didn't happen. Society (Society means people of all religion) in Pakistan failed to oppose or stand against such religious leaders, politicians and dictators. And Only a Pakistani can tell you the reasons for that. May be it was their choice.

He created a Pakistan where everyone would be united under Pakistan, under the Muslim majority, where they could freely practice their religions & live without discrimination from the majority. And this has not been achieved.

Trust me it has been achieved.

And to be honest with you I want moderators of this forum to ban the discussion on 'why Pakistan was made?' Pakistan is there as a Nation and it will always be there. There is no point in discussing why or for what reason it was made. If I were a Pakistani I would have find this discussion really insulting.
I apologize if I am hurting anyone's sentiments here.

You took my point to the extreme. There is nothing wrong with Islam as a religion, problem is with politician who have used it as a token of popularity among people. The competition is not between religions of the world or people who follow them but competition is among politicians and religious gurus who are using religious belief of people to have a better political standing among their people.

There will always be politicians and religious leaders like that, even India have them, but its a responsibility of the society to recognize them and their true intent and reject them. I dare say that in Pakistan's case it didn't happen. Society (Society means people of all religion) in Pakistan failed to oppose or stand against such religious leaders, politicians and dictators. And Only a Pakistani can tell you the reasons for that.

Nopes, You are wrong here, brother. I would suggest you to go through The Quran and The Hadiths first of all. Only then you will be able to judge the actions of Politicians whether they are according to the teachings of The Quran and The Sunnah or not.Without reading the religious texts you are not in a position to criticize the point of viwes of various religious Leaders of Islam.

I will suggest you u to go to Lahore and See the "Tomb of Pakistan" Minar-e-Pakistan and see what is written there and and why it was made and what was ideology of Pakistan..............and what Allam Iqabal Gave Idea to Made Pakistan....and what Quaid Said about New Country (Pakistan) when he resigned from All India Congress Party .....................boy you need to read the history....don't comment without knowledge.

Not everybody can go and see what is written there. Can you tell us what golden wordes are engraved on the "gravestone"?

yeah, u kinda lost me there buddy...

Don't worry I never lost you.

actually on Islam -- contrary to popular (propaganda), it is a consensus-based religion. There is to be no ''i am right, you are wrong'' type mentality provided there is rationale and no deviation from the teachings of Quran.

Are you trying to take me onto a merry-go-round? I just replied to some members upon their proclamation that a particular verse is misinterpreted in the online version of Koran and another one suggesting that there is no real consensus on Islam in the Pakistani society. There are differences over blasphemy laws, the extremists have their own views and then there is Shia-Sunni divide. I think contrary to your belief, there is no real consensus on Islam.

Excellent posts buddy!

Not sure why people are so eager to enforce their views and interpretations on others rather than letting everyone do what they want to.

As long as it is lawful and doesn't harm others, it should not concern anyone.

Somehow, it is always about forcing your views on others.

The world is a very dangerous quagmire of political greed and belligerence. The ruling class of any Islamic society is heavily dependent on the mullahs and they cannot be expected to break their control over the masses by freeing them of the notion that faith is an individual matter. This has resulted into a extremely formidable loop. What happens when you feed several generations that their faith is not just the means of connecting with their deity, but is essentially the mode of enforcing the so-called laws of God. The answer is for all to witness.

Rubbish -- Valiant Soul, are you talking about Muslim societies in this world - or some other imaginary world ?? What have you failed to understand about what the Arab Spring is about? Look, Elites and Mullah cast aside, actually they are not relevant -- sorry for seeming to be stuck on this word "relevant", I really think it's more important that we think.

Sir Islam is not a religion it's a deen that is it's a whole way of life it includes how to run the government which laws to make and which we can't and which kind of Trades and Business are allowed and which are not

And there lies the problem with Islam. Your situation is quite analogous to computer programming languages, which in their nascent stage were trying to do exactly the same thing that you are trying to say - that is to fit the "subject" around rigid processes unlike their evolved avatars, which try to fit the processes around the "subject". The process is allowed to take shape according to the conditions of the "subject".

What you are trying to do is to fit the subjects around the rigid processes. In the scientific sense, you are taking a "devolutionary" step.

Rubbish -- Valiant Soul, are you talking about Muslim societies in this world - or some other imaginary world ?? What have you failed to understand about what the Arab Spring is about? Look, Elites and Mullah cast aside, actually they are not relevant -- sorry for seeming to be stuck on this word "relevant", I really think it's more important that we think.

I have expressed my observations, and I stand by it. And if that is untrue, you would try to reform your society and educate people that religion/faith is a personal matter.

Goodness - your highness has been merely asked to justify the position expressed - your highness is entitled to any position you may find appeaking.

Take it easy, Valiant Soul -- the world of Islamia is bigger than 5 fan boys on Defense .pk whose understanding of Islam seems limited to slogans and imagined abuses, such as "liberal".

All around in Islamia, there is a great ferment, more is written today, more is read, more is expressed and absorbed by more Muslims than ever before and you see remarkable transformations both in sacral and secular thought, both in terms of objective and subjective secularism, and most importantly , secularization, I do encourage you to read authors other the communist Maududi, the fascist Qutb, the murderous Al-Faraj - begin with Sorush .

What is the meaning of "a majority of Pakistanis see themselves as Muslims first"?? How do we make sense of this?? Why is this even controversial and worthy of examination?? Please do help me understand.

Back
Top Bottom