What's new

Majority Muslims want Sharia law in their countries: Study

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will really be a service to humanity if you can explain us what is sharia and clarify the doubt regarding some of the laws mentioned before.
There are other members who claim opposite things, it really difficult to know who is right. Whatever you do please do not suggest to learn arabic and read the book like @BDforever did, its not really practical.

:rofl: @BDforever suggested that? :woot: well, kuch galat tou nai kaha :rofl:

What do you want to know? Shariah ki 4 saal ki degree hoti hai...You want to learn it in 1 day? :P

Last edited by a moderator:
@Roybot the minute I saw 5% polygamy in Nigeria I had to :rofl:

Seriously? Maybe they consider 4 wives as polygamy and 2 wives as custom like Uganda which is not even Islamic?!

Niger, not Nigeria. Only 5% of Nigeriens(not to be confused with Nigerians) see polygamy(having more than 1 wife) as immoral.

6ixy86.jpg

What do you want to know? Shariah ki 4 saal ki degree hoti hai...You want to learn it in 1 day? :P

Well its not really practical, it will take me at least a year or two to learn enough arabic to decipher what is really intended in the book. Then four more years to study as you said.
Can I not make an informed opinion without going into such trouble, by reading the arguments posted here?

I guess @BDforever being a nice guy basically politely said 'stfu and leave us alone', when he made that suggestion.

@hinduguy
i suggested to learn arabic to get proper translation of Al-Qur'an, was that bad advice ?

eg. there is way difference between English literature language meaning and normal English language meaning.

Well its not really practical, it will take me at least a year or two to learn enough arabic to decipher what is really intended in the book. Then four more years to study as you said.
Can I not make an informed opinion without going into such trouble, by reading the arguments posted here?

I guess @BDforever being a nice guy basically politely said 'stfu and leave us alone', when he made that suggestion.
@hinduguy does a surgeon become a surgeon after i dont know, cutting animals or making opinions on how to cut a human being?

Niger, not Nigeria. Only 5% of Nigeriens(not to be confused with Nigerians) see polygamy(having more than 1 wife) as immoral.

6ixy86.jpg
@Roybot Not sure where you got that :

Polygamous marriages are legal in the African nation of Niger, a country composed of predominantly Muslims. Islam permits a man to marry up to four wives, as long as he treats them all equally. It is estimated that over one third of Nigerien women are in polygamous unions. While polygamous marriages are typically contracted by Muslims, Nigerien society has been reported to tolerate other faiths who live in polygamous marriages as wel

http://www.academia.edu/175877/The_Problem_of_Polygamy

Errrr what has morality got to do with legality? :cheesy:
@Roybot I just showed you it is legal.... :unsure: while you were saying it is not :undecided:

Well, if you are thought that killing is illegal ...you will go to jail, eventually it becomes 2nd nature to see killing as wrong...Otherwise we would have still been barbarians of the past, right?

@Roybot ooopss sorry I read it wrong....Just went back to your post...ok so 5% say it is morally wrong...What does that show?
@Roybot from my readings, MOST of Africans practice polygamy, be they Muslims or spiritual worshipers or whatever coz it is kind of their culture...So, where are we headed?

@Roybot ooopss sorry I read it wrong....Just went back to your post...ok so 5% say it is morally wrong...What does that show?

Long day eh? Happens to the best of us :cool:

It shows that most(87% in case of Niger) think its morally acceptable to have more than 1 wife. In Pakistan for example, only 42% find it morally acceptable to have more than 1 wife and so on.

@hinduguy
i suggested to learn arabic to get proper translation of Al-Qur'an, was that bad advice ?

eg. there is way difference between English literature language meaning and normal English language meaning.

I did not say its bad advice, i said its not practical. There is a need to explain things in layman's language, how do you think billions of muslims will adhere to it, if it cant be made simpler. Do you suggest 5 year quranic study for every muslim? (which I am sure you know is unlikely to happen)

I know every language has its nuances and by translating one loses some meaning but for matters like law it should be as clear as possible.
BTW we are not talking about religion or theology(although it is related), we are talking about law which need to be implemented and enforced by state.

Long day eh? Happens to the best of us :cool:

It shows that most(87% in case of Niger) think its morally acceptable to have more than 1 wife. In Pakistan for example, only 42% find it morally acceptable to have more than 1 wife and so on.
@Roybot long day kahan I am still in office making primers and going bogus over the horrible food I had to eat today....Maybe am homesick :sick:

Khair...Ya high percentage of Africans are polygamous...1 of my colleague said her husband had 2 wives she didnt mention which 1 she was nor did I ask :oops: plus she said it is normal tradition in Uganda and she was not a Muslim...Some from other nations also said same and NONE were Muslims.....

Again, where are we?

I did not say its bad advice, i said its not practical. There is a need to explain things in layman's language, how do you think billions of muslims will adhere to it, if it cant be made simpler. Do you suggest 5 year quranic study for every muslim? (which I am sure you know is unlikely to happen)
@hinduguy
Why unlikely? When I was in Pri school I used to go to afternoon school for Islamic studies, call it madrasah or whatever, but it was not impossible! The teachers were from Egypt I think :unsure:

We had subjects like Islamic History, Fiqh, Taqheed, Quran, Hadith...learnt how to pray, basics about Islam, how to live according to Islam and so on...Didnt make me radical nor anyone who passed out with me joined the Taliban... :rofl: most of us went to uni and did some bachelors...while others continued to Masters.... So, am not sure how it is impossible :unsure:

I know every language has its nuances and by translating one loses some meaning but for matters like law it should be as clear as possible.
Well, you see, we have people who THINK it is hard to learn the Quran and the basics, hence when a Conman comes along everyone falls for him...
BTW we are not talking about religion or theology(although it is related), we are talking about law which need to be implemented and enforced by state.
Well, it is simple if ANYONE bothered reading it themselves instead of following hearsay stuff

@hinduguy does a surgeon become a surgeon after i dont know, cutting animals or making opinions on how to cut a human being?
I am not aspiring to be an expert or sharia lawyer(?). All I want to know is dos and donts, right and wrong with some reason so that I can decide whether they are resonable, and also, when we have sharia law in Uk, I can faithfully abide by it. :P

@Roybot long day kahan I am still in office making primers and going bogus over the horrible food I had to eat today....Maybe am homesick :sick:

Khair...Ya high percentage of Africans are polygamous...1 of my colleague said her husband had 2 wives she didnt mention which 1 she was nor did I ask :oops: plus she said it is normal tradition in Uganda and she was not a Muslim...Some from other nations also said same and NONE were Muslims.....

Again, where are we?

Agreed its widely practiced in Africa, across the religious spectrum. Its basically an old tribal behavior, something which most of cultures and religions have done away with.

Mate, This is what I hate the most. Dont assume things. I didnt mean anything like that, its just people like you who likes to make up stuff.

I just said that you need to bring proof that the system has worked in these times. Sharia has been a big part of KSA and Iran and it has failed there. Thats my point, your call now.

If Sharia can't work in these time while Allah has given Shariat to his Prophet (S.A.W) ... Ok ....... Democracy has been failed in Pakiistan ... Then why are you trying again n again to implement democracy in Pakistan ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom