What's new

Major Tragedy Averted on R-Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ The J&K police is mostly locals, 70% muslim. The IED detection, on a tipoff and defusal was done by them.

The tip-offs are from locals. Without tipoffs, no intelligence about IEDs or arms cache would be possible.

And just like the TTP don't usually fight the PA face to face and prefer to use car bombs and explosives which eventually end up killing civilians, so is the case here. Moreover, targetted killings of unarmed political activists is a reality. Whats even more interesting that before 9/11 they had even started throwing acid and threatening Kashmir women who were not wearing scarfs and abayas. And post JKLF ceasefire in 94, the militancy has been taken over by foreigners. A recent statement by a Kashmiri minister clarified this by explaining that 95% of militants were of foreign origin.
Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/kashmir-war/41603-95-militants-kashmir-outside-ghulam-nabi-azad.html

Last edited:
Nothing in the article mentions locals helped diffuse the bombs. The bomb was targeted against Indian security forces, hence the accusation of them being terrorists is wrong.

Indian occupation forces in Kashmir are a legitimate kill.

Can the same be said of Pakistani soldiers in Baloch and NWFP etc ? Well the people of Baloch want independence and the Taliban wants a different type of rule in Pakistan. They have their limited supporters as does Kashmir have its limited supporters of terrorism. Kashmir may be a disputed area but creating mayhem etc by terror whether against soldiers or civilians is not on. Pakistan and Pakistanis support this kind of action but bang their heads in desperation when there is slight suspicion of India helping your honchos stir mayhem in your country. If Pakistan was so sincere about Kashmir, I really cannot understand why the Pakistani military just doesnt launch an assault and take over that state. After all you do profess to have a superior military. Pakistani establishment sending in a few brainwashed kids to plant bombs and harass the civilians shows that they are chicken. Nothing more nothing less. :coffee:

Inflammatory post. Reported.
You're reporting my post to me? :D

It's not inflammatory, I'll explain. For all intents and purposes, to free Kashmiris nothing would be better than to see all Indian soldiers occupying Kashmir... well die.

I qualify my statement with specificity. a) Indian soldiers b) Only those serving in Kashmir c) Just thought this one right now - their chain of command too.

You'd rather have any BS mushy, diplomatic double speak from me or straight truth?

The Khaki Fidayeen | OPEN Magazine

Five brave policemen who have broken the back of militancy in Kashmir.

This deserves a separate thread of its own. Sadly, many people don't realise that these locals are fighting their kashmiri versions of TTP and gun toting militants. And from the article, neither is the govt. looking after their welfare, particularly their meagre risk allowance.

“Three of our boys(J&K police) died in an encounter... and a militant from Multan also. Tell me, will a Kashmiri mother cry for her three boys or for a militant from Multan?” is his succinct response.

This sums it up.

^^ The J&K police is mostly locals, 70% muslim. The IED detection, on a tipoff and defusal was done by them.

The tip-offs are from locals. Without tipoffs, no intelligence about IEDs or arms cache would be possible.

And just like the TTP don't usually fight the PA face to face and prefer to use car bombs and explosives which eventually end up killing civilians, so is the case here. Moreover, targetted killings of unarmed political activists is a reality. Whats even more interesting that before 9/11 they had even started throwing acid and threatening Kashmir women who were not wearing scarfs and abayas. And post JKLF ceasefire in 94, the militancy has been taken over by foreigners. A recent statement by a Kashmiri minister clarified this by explaining that 95% of militants were of foreign origin.
Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/kashmir-war/41603-95-militants-kashmir-outside-ghulam-nabi-azad.html
Who cares about Hindu-Muslim. Kashmiri fight is secular. Its about the land, and the right of self-determination of the Kashmiris. The enemy in Kashmir is India not Hinduism.

So they are a fair shot, regardless about religion.

PW, no Balochistan is not disputed territory, nor is FATA, nor NWFP. Its not fair there, just like Pakistanis will support you whenever any Mullah from our side attacks in Mumbai. Mumbai is not a fair target, we have no claim over it, the UN doesn't recognize any disputed status. But in Kashmir, its all good.

Who cares about Hindu-Muslim. Kashmiri fight is secular. Its about the land, and the right of self-determination of the Kashmiris. The enemy in Kashmir is India not Hinduism.

Wow...thats news for me.....I thought Pakistan supports Anti India terrorism in Kashmir just because ...Kashmir Majority is Muslim.....and It wants Kashmir to be a part of Pakistan ...because it is a Muslim majority state ....

You're reporting my post to me? :D

It's not inflammatory, I'll explain. For all intents and purposes, to free Kashmiris nothing would be better than to see all Indian soldiers occupying Kashmir... well die.

I qualify my statement with specificity. a) Indian soldiers b) Only those serving in Kashmir c) Just thought this one right now - their chain of command too.

You'd rather have any BS mushy, diplomatic double speak from me or straight truth?

Yup reporting your own post to you is the irony and I am glad you noticed!

The reason I reported your post is because we all know that there are two views to the Kashmir problem. One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. Similarly one man's occupying forces is another's peace keepers.
In that context, your post could have potentially turned this thread into a flame war. Already you will see Balochistan and NWFP dragged in. This could have been avoided if you would have exercised a little caution.

And yes, I'd prefer plain speak from you. Just in the right thread that is, for the benefit of everybody here! :cheers:

=.

Pardon me sir, Can you explain why militants forced KASHMIRI PANDITS out of the valley?????

just curious:coffee:

Wow...thats news for me.....I thought Pakistan supports Anti India terrorism in Kashmir just because ...Kashmir Majority is Muslim.....and It wants Kashmir to be a part of Pakistan ...because it is a Muslim majority state ....

I am shocked:woot:

Nothing in the article mentions locals helped diffuse the bombs. The bomb was targeted against Indian security forces, hence the accusation of them being terrorists is wrong.

Indian occupation forces in Kashmir are a legitimate kill.

On the same lines militants targeting PA are also legitimate kills.

On the same lines militants targeting PA are also legitimate kills.
It's not the same thing, Indian occupation is illegal. Pakistan is freeing its own country! Duh! That's all I'm saying.

You thought wrong.

Pardon me sir, Can you explain why militants forced KASHMIRI PANDITS out of the valley?????

just curious:coffee:
It happened such a long time ago, so many varying explanations, Kashmiri pandits have been welcomed back by any Separatists of today that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom