What's new

Major Changes Ahead on JF-17 Block-3

And you are doing free advertising for them.

Hello sir,

He has to be somebody to advertise for us----kia piddy aur kia piddy ka shorba---.

Saying that will only satisfy your jealousy. I dont mind you satisfying it , we are a progressing country accelerating at a pace more than you could even think. You call them a failure or success. The truth is it is a Fighter Aircraft, An MBT and a Helicopter of Indian origin. While I bet you cant name even one associated with your country. lol.. You guys are in a very sad situation to be in.

Well Boy. Tejas is an aircraft that matured with the Industry around. I can give you a better example to be taught in that class. "PAKISTAN".

Sir,

With our weapons background of over centuries longer than yours---we have learnt that a weapon does not care who made it---its purpose and job is to kill without prejudice.

As india is venturing for the first time in centuries into weapons making---it is a big thing for you guys---.

Hello sir,

He has to be somebody to advertise for us----kia piddy aur kia piddy ka shorba---.

Sir,

With our weapons background of over centuries longer than yours---we have learnt that a weapon does not care who made it---its purpose and job is to kill without prejudice.

As india is venturing for the first time in centuries into weapons making---it is a big thing for you guys---.

Sir,

With all due respect we are not venturing it for the first time. We have higher amount of indigenous weaponry in our inventory than you have got. Most of the front line weaponry like Rifles, Helicopters,Trucks,Logistics Machinery, Radars are all Indian R&D.

I think following type of upgrade path should be taken for JF-17, if possible instead of one centreline EWP two under wing EWP should be considered. @gambit opinion requested. :)

F-18 Stealthy 2.jpg
F-18 Stealthy 1.png

I think following type of upgrade path should be taken for JF-17, if possible instead of one centreline EWP two under wing EWP should be considered. @gambit opinion requested. :)

View attachment 266204 View attachment 266205
Interesting and if done then it would be definitely a drastic change but wouldn't change the cost I mean will it be costly or these dynamics could be applied within minimum expenses? Though the news till now doesn't support a change version but after all a surprise is surprise.

Interesting and if done then it would be definitely a drastic change but wouldn't change the cost I mean will it be costly or these dynamics could be applied within minimum expenses? Though the news till now doesn't support a change version but after all a surprise is surprise.

I have posted upgrade in F-18 now to understand it better you can compare upgraded one with older one then you will understand what changed can be done in JFT with out huge problems.

I have posted upgrade in F-18 now to understand it better you can compare upgraded one with older one then you will understand what changed can be done in JFT with out huge problems.
Got it...... helpful

Though everyone is curious to know about possible major credit changes in upcoming Block but couldn't have any idea close to that

As per a recent chinese article( Google Translated, Pictures Removed), With a radar aperture of around 600mm Thunder's AESA Radar can have approx. 800 T/R modules. I guess, it's range to detect fighter size target 3m2 will be around 180-200 Kms. Correct me if i am wrong.

Pakistan Air Force JF-17 will further upgrade
Military NewsTencent · 2015-10-31 08:37

Recently, some overseas media reports, the latest improved BLOCK3 JF-17 will dress active phased array radar, if the news is true, it will greatly enhance the combat capability of JF-17.

According to information, JF-17 is currently equipped with mechanical scanning pulse KLJ-7 radar, Pakistan Air Force believes its performance can be compared with the F-16AM / BM's AN / APG-66V2 / V3, it is for RCS = Goal 5 can provide detection distance of about 130 kilometers, with the ability to confront and three generations of combat aircraft, but KLJ-7, after all, is a mechanical scanning radar, its detection range, multi-target capability is still limited and insufficient to support airborne SD-10A active radar guided air to air missiles to play all the performance, in fact, the Air Force also believed that only combat aircraft only dress active phased array radar to support the AIM-120C play a full flight envelope.

SD-10A is the primary combat arms of the JF-17

So in order to give full play to the SD-10A active radar guided air to air missiles and all performance, no need to airborne fire control radar JF-17 was improved from the present situation, the lower TWT efficiency mechanical scanning radar used, general 20% or less, if it continues to increase the power, then for higher devices, feeders and other requirements, upgrade potential is limited, so countries tend to use active phased array radar to improve the detection range of radar, active phased array radar The advantage is the low-loss system, receiver sensitivity engage, help to improve the detection range of the radar. So the new century has been the development trend of combat aircraft is airborne radar widespread upgrade to Active Phased Array.

Is generally believed that JF-17's radar aperture of about 600 mm, can support approximately 800 T / R module, the domestic X-band T / R modules can provide about 10W of peak, 2W average power, that JF-17BLOCK3R have Source phased array radar can reach the average power 1.6KW, taking into account the active phased array can achieve superposition and synthesis in space, the actual power may be higher, compared to under the general mechanical scanning radar as AN / APG-68 The average power is only 300W, the combat capability of the Indian Air Force is currently the strongest Su -30MKI, it's BARS radar of the average power is only about 1KW, even BARS aperture radar antenna aperture larger than the JF-17, but taking into account the latter active Phased Array win on power loss, so JF-17BLOCK3 radar detection distance estimate is still higher than the Soviet Union -30MKI.

JF-17 is equipped with KLJ-7 radar

It should be noted that according to the Pakistan Air Force statement, except SD-10A air missiles, they also plan to introduce more advanced SD-10B active radar guided air to air missiles, according to the Pakistan Air Force saying SD-10B uses a "master / passive guidance system "and" new rocket engine "- it may be the latest Chinese PL-15 missile above double pulse rocket engine, compared with the SD-10A, a larger envelope of its launch, can suppress the Indian Air Force currently equipped R-77E and MICA two active radar guided air to air missiles, so the JF-17BLOCK3 who, by virtue of a combination of active phased array and SD-10B is entirely possible to suppress the existing three generations of Indian Air Force combat aircraft, and have the gust three generations of combat aircraft such as the ability to confrontation.

Active Phased Array is the trend

But for the JF-17 who want to achieve this goal, but also the need for further support to improve the aircraft, because the active phased array radar for the aircraft's energy supply, cooling requirements are higher, these inevitable Empty aircraft weight increases, thus affecting the operation of the aircraft and motor performance, so JF-17 also requires the existing RD-93 turbofan engine thrust to upgrade, to ensure that after the upgrade aircraft, flight and maneuvering performance will not drop too much, and this was also the engine of domestic support put forward higher requirements in order to provide better protection for the development of the power of the JF-17.

JF-17 is also a need for further upgrades

I can't provide the Source due to limited number of posts. Will modify the Post later.

Hi,

It is a great idea---but due to the smaller size and lesser load carrying capacity---it would possibly be not feasible. You will have to mount it on the two closest pylons to the fuselage---because they can carry the most load along with the centerline pylon----.

something like that could work well on a J10-----.

Hi,

It is a great idea---but due to the smaller size and lesser load carrying capacity---it would possibly be not feasible. You will have to mount it on the two closest pylons to the fuselage---because they can carry the most load along with the centerline pylon----.

something like that could work well on a J10-----.

Basically for JFT centreline EWP may not be possible but two EWPs each on a wing is possible with required design changes.

This is not the path PAF would be taking for the JF-17'a but it might consider this incase the threat is increased. However it might be developed if PAF is able to sell the aircraft to other countries. Some thing like what USA \ France and Israel is doing however at preset PAF does not know what exactly is the life of JF-17's or can it be upgraded for along time. The best guess is the life can only be extended till 2050 but that too for countries that are secure and are not under a threat of war.

As per a recent chinese article( Google Translated, Pictures Removed), With a radar aperture of around 600mm Thunder's AESA Radar can have approx. 800 T/R modules. I guess, it's range to detect fighter size target 3m2 will be around 180-200 Kms. Correct me if i am wrong.

Military NewsTencent · 2015-10-31 08:37

Recently, some overseas media reports, the latest improved BLOCK3 JF-17 will dress active phased array radar, if the news is true, it will greatly enhance the combat capability of JF-17.

According to information, JF-17 is currently equipped with mechanical scanning pulse KLJ-7 radar, Pakistan Air Force believes its performance can be compared with the F-16AM / BM's AN / APG-66V2 / V3, it is for RCS = Goal 5 can provide detection distance of about 130 kilometers, with the ability to confront and three generations of combat aircraft, but KLJ-7, after all, is a mechanical scanning radar, its detection range, multi-target capability is still limited and insufficient to support airborne SD-10A active radar guided air to air missiles to play all the performance, in fact, the Air Force also believed that only combat aircraft only dress active phased array radar to support the AIM-120C play a full flight envelope.

SD-10A is the primary combat arms of the JF-17

So in order to give full play to the SD-10A active radar guided air to air missiles and all performance, no need to airborne fire control radar JF-17 was improved from the present situation, the lower TWT efficiency mechanical scanning radar used, general 20% or less, if it continues to increase the power, then for higher devices, feeders and other requirements, upgrade potential is limited, so countries tend to use active phased array radar to improve the detection range of radar, active phased array radar The advantage is the low-loss system, receiver sensitivity engage, help to improve the detection range of the radar. So the new century has been the development trend of combat aircraft is airborne radar widespread upgrade to Active Phased Array.

Is generally believed that JF-17's radar aperture of about 600 mm, can support approximately 800 T / R module, the domestic X-band T / R modules can provide about 10W of peak, 2W average power, that JF-17BLOCK3R have Source phased array radar can reach the average power 1.6KW, taking into account the active phased array can achieve superposition and synthesis in space, the actual power may be higher, compared to under the general mechanical scanning radar as AN / APG-68 The average power is only 300W, the combat capability of the Indian Air Force is currently the strongest Su -30MKI, it's BARS radar of the average power is only about 1KW, even BARS aperture radar antenna aperture larger than the JF-17, but taking into account the latter active Phased Array win on power loss, so JF-17BLOCK3 radar detection distance estimate is still higher than the Soviet Union -30MKI.

JF-17 is equipped with KLJ-7 radar

It should be noted that according to the Pakistan Air Force statement, except SD-10A air missiles, they also plan to introduce more advanced SD-10B active radar guided air to air missiles, according to the Pakistan Air Force saying SD-10B uses a "master / passive guidance system "and" new rocket engine "- it may be the latest Chinese PL-15 missile above double pulse rocket engine, compared with the SD-10A, a larger envelope of its launch, can suppress the Indian Air Force currently equipped R-77E and MICA two active radar guided air to air missiles, so the JF-17BLOCK3 who, by virtue of a combination of active phased array and SD-10B is entirely possible to suppress the existing three generations of Indian Air Force combat aircraft, and have the gust three generations of combat aircraft such as the ability to confrontation.

Active Phased Array is the trend

But for the JF-17 who want to achieve this goal, but also the need for further support to improve the aircraft, because the active phased array radar for the aircraft's energy supply, cooling requirements are higher, these inevitable Empty aircraft weight increases, thus affecting the operation of the aircraft and motor performance, so JF-17 also requires the existing RD-93 turbofan engine thrust to upgrade, to ensure that after the upgrade aircraft, flight and maneuvering performance will not drop too much, and this was also the engine of domestic support put forward higher requirements in order to provide better protection for the development of the power of the JF-17.

JF-17 is also a need for further upgrades

I can't provide the Source due to limited number of posts. Will modify the Post later.
JF17's Aperture is around 700mm not 600 and it will have 1000 T/R or above on AESA.

Back
Top Bottom