What's new

Mahira Khan says Pakistanis and Indians are similar people with same language in new interview

So what form of governance ought Pakistan to have adopted?

I've written about this in detail in this topic.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/are-we-really-an-indpendent-country.558327/

To make a long story short, when you're occupied by a European colonial power, you don't adopt there laws, government, education system and military for face value.

Colonial laws were put in place to keep us in line, not to protect our rights.

Colonial governments were established to "legally loot" us, not to govern us.

Colonial education system was established to make us obedient slaves, not to enlighten or open our minds up.

Colonial military forces were established not to protect the colony from outsiders, but to protect the elite from the "natives".

In 1947, we should have expunged the colonial disparagement in all four of these important aspects of our country and society. We chose not to. The same with India.

Welcome to the British Raj v2.0.

I've written about this in detail in this topic.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/are-we-really-an-indpendent-country.558327/

To make a long story short, when you're occupied by a European colonial power, you don't adopt there laws, government, education system and military for face value.

Colonial laws were put in place to keep us in line, not to protect our rights.

Colonial governments were established to "legally loot" us, not to govern us.

Colonial education system was established to make us obedient slaves, not to enlighten or open our minds up.

Colonial military forces were established not to protect the colony from outsiders, but to protect the elite from the "natives".

In 1947, we should have expunged the colonial disparagement in all four of these important aspects of our country and society. We chose not to. The same with India.

Welcome to the British Raj v2.0.
What would you say to those who say that a "palace coup" took place after the death of Quaid e Azaam and LAK? That initially Quaid e Azaam wanted to reconfigure Pakistan away from colonial lines but the "coconuts" chose not to. I am sure that the common man would not have chosen such a course.

What would you say to those who say that a "palace coup" took place after the death of Quaid e Azaam and LAK? That initially Quaid e Azaam wanted to reconfigure Pakistan away from colonial lines but the "coconuts" chose not to. I am sure that the common man would not have chosen such a course.

He did...ever wondered why the original Muslim League is all but a distant memory? Everything leading up to the independence of Pakistan has been all but destroyed or disconnected with our present. It really shocks me...some actually believe that PML-N is the real Muslim League.

Jinnah's early death was a blow indeed. Whether he was killed or died of natural causes is up for debate. Both the murder of Gandhi and death of Jinnah had huge negative consequences for both countries.

I wouldn't be surprised if the two were actually related to be honest. That being said, it's been 70 odd years now. Enough is enough...people have to stop thinking like British slaves, and start thinking like Pakistanis.

Here's another example of our idiocy and lack of respect for our culture and language.

Ferozepur Road in English should technically equal سڑک فیروزپور or Sarak-e-Ferozepur . Instead we call it فیروزپور روڈ

He did...ever wondered why the original Muslim League is all but a distant memory? Everything leading up to the independence of Pakistan has been all but destroyed or disconnected with our present. It really shocks me...some actually believe that PML-N is the real Muslim League.

Jinnah's early death was a blow indeed. Whether he was killed or died of natural causes is up for debate. Both the murder of Gandhi and death of Jinnah had huge negative consequences for both countries.

I wouldn't be surprised if the two were actually related to be honest. That being said, it's been 70 odd years now. Enough is enough...people have to stop thinking like British slaves, and start thinking like Pakistanis.

Here's another example of our idiocy and lack of respect for our culture and language.

Ferozepur Road in English should technically equal سڑک فیروزپور or Sarak-e-Ferozepur . Instead we call it فیروزپور روڈ
Not just that but airport and market and other words...Pakistanis need a modern day "Iqbal" to help them wake up from their slumber cos most Pakistanis are content being in this state, like a drug addict ...

or rather Pakistanis need to read Allama Iqbal, that would be enough to get them started...

Not just that but airport and market and other words...Pakistanis need a modern day "Iqbal" to help them wake up from their slumber cos most Pakistanis are content being in this state, like a drug addict ...

or rather Pakistanis need to read Allama Iqbal, that would be enough to get them started...
Many would fail to know who Iqbal is ... it is reality unfortunately.

Iqbal in this day would be probably be lynched in modern day Pakistan. He drank wine and challenged mullahism

It doesn’t sound sweet like Punjabi. No doubt.
Punjabi and sweet bro..naa naaa..One of the rudest languages in the world may be second only to Haryanvi..
Most of spoken Punjabi is thaa sota (Punjabi Kahawat)..not too much finesse...

You don't understand the message on a metaphysical level. No problem man.
I'm just saying this cause some might try this "Cats don't walk on the Quran" thing at home and disrespect the Quran. Cats are stupid animals, They walk on anything.

Ah bro you will warm to it, afterall it is a derivative. Make sure you are ready at 09.00 PST for your first lesson hahaha. :agree:

Watch this;

Yep understood it well, ha that chacha character made me laugh so much, very typical. I guess Haryanvi is your mother tongue, combined with Punjabi? Thanks for the welcome.
Did you understand the video I posted to @lastofthepatriots ?
I understand it pretty well. It seems closer to Punjabi no? Feel bad at laughing at the little guy though.
I communicate well in Punjabi since my mother spoke it to me, but just ok in Haryanvi.

I have read the debate and replies with amusement. Don’t know why my countrymen like to be different from all of the Indians.

It is no doubt true that all individuals except identical twins; are unique. However, all humans, being Homo sapiens are also similar; especially so if they are from the neighbouring countries because in the past it is more than likely that the region was united into one country resulting in the intermingling of the population.

The Vindhyas and the Satpuras mountain ranges have divided the subcontinent into two distinct areas, the northern Indo - Gangetic plain and the Deccan Plateau. Most of the dynasties that ruled both the present day Pakistan & western India were normally ruling over the northern subcontinent. One could therefore arguably state that inhabitants of the region north of the Vindhyas are ethnically, culturally & linguistically similar whereas the population of the Deccan plateau is ethnically different from the rest.

All of the Muslims of the subcontinent did not arrive with the invading armies; instead, a vast majority are converts from the native population. Prior to the permanent Islamic conquest, most of the KPK & Punjab was ruled by the Hindu Shahi/Kabul Shahi dynasties. Their capital was Kabul but their rule covered the entire region of Punjab well into the 9th century. Kabul was captured in 897 AD by Yaqub bin Laith Saffari. But the rest of the region remained under the Hindu Shahi rulers. Jaypal, the main obstacle to the Ghaznavid invasions; ruled over the area from Laghman to Kashmir and from Sirhind to Multan with Peshawar being in the centre.

This first real Islamic rule in Indian subcontinent began around the year 1192 when Mohammed bin Sam (Shahabuddin Ghuri) established Muslim rule; nearly 480 years after Mohammad bin Qasim. Nearly all the Muslim Kings down to the Mughal dynasty ruled most of the Indo-Gangetic plain.

About 2000 years of togetherness must result in mixing of the culture and ethnicity between the residents of the region. I can’t say about other parts, but I have personally come across common surnames such as Bajwa, Bhatti, Sehgal, Cheema, Gill, Sethi, Suri & Chawala on both sides of the border.

The situation is no different in Sindh. There are many Sindhis that have migrated to India. The only difference that I could perceive was that a lot of Pakistani Sindhi's are still stuck in feudal System whereas Indian Sindhis have taken up trading and are successful businessmen. IMO, there is not much difference between Sindhis of all over the world because their ancestors were the same.

Gujarati speakers are also found on both sides of the border. Nearly all the Gujarati speakers such as Ismailis, Vohras and Memons are descendants of the converts, thus not too different from their Indian relations.

People of Afghan descent have been moving to North India since the time of the Ghuris. Sher Shah Suri invited many Afghans to settle in northern India that is why one finds still so many Khans among Indian Muslim surnames.

It is only the Baluch & the Hazaras that can claim to be different from the rest of the subcontinent population as Baluchistan was historically never part of the realm of the Indian kings.

The mere fact that residents of Peshawar, Lahore and Karachi do not need an interpreter when they converse with people from Jalandhar, Chandigarh or Delhi should be enough to affirm Mahira Khan’s statement.

Last edited:
I have read the debate and replies with amusement. Don’t know why my countrymen like to be different from all of the Indians.

It is no doubt true that all individuals except identical twins; are unique. However, all humans, being Homo sapiens are also similar; especially so if they are from the neighbouring countries because in the past it is more than likely that the region was united into one country resulting in the intermingling of the population.

The Vindhyas and the Satpuras mountain ranges have divided the subcontinent into two distinct areas, the northern Indo - Gangetic plain and the Deccan Plateau. Most of the dynasties that ruled both the present day Pakistan & western India were normally ruling over the northern subcontinent. One could therefore arguably state that inhabitants of the region north of the Vindhyas are ethnically, culturally & linguistically similar whereas the population of the Deccan plateau is ethnically different from the rest.

All of the Muslims of the subcontinent did not arrive with the invading armies; instead, a vast majority are converts from the native population. Prior to the permanent Islamic conquest, most of the KPK & Punjab was ruled by the Hindu Shahi/Kabul Shahi dynasties. Their capital was Kabul but their rule covered the entire region of Punjab well into the 9th century. Kabul was captured in 897 AD by Yaqub bin Laith Saffari. But the rest of the region remained under the Hindu Shahi rulers. Jaypal, the main obstacle to the Ghaznavid invasions; ruled over the area from Laghman to Kashmir and from Sirhind to Multan with Peshawar being in the centre.

This first real Islamic rule in Indian subcontinent began around the year 1192 when Mohammed bin Sam (Shahabuddin Ghuri) established Muslim rule; nearly 480 years after Mohammad bin Qasim. Nearly all the Muslim Kings down to the Mughal dynasty ruled most of the Indo-Gangetic plain.

About 2000 years of togetherness must result in mixing of the culture and ethnicity between the residents of the region. I can’t say about other parts, but I have personally come across common surnames such as Bajwa, Bhatti, Sehgal, Cheema, Gill, Sethi, Suri & Chawala on both sides of the border.

The situation is no different in Sindh. There are many Sindhis that have migrated to India. The only difference that I could perceive was that a lot of Pakistani Sindhi's are still stuck in feudal System whereas Indian Sindhis have taken up trading and are successful businessmen. IMO, there is not much difference between Sindhis of all over the world because their ancestors were the same.

Gujarati speakers are also found on both sides of the border. Nearly all the Gujarati speakers such as Ismailis, Vohras and Memons are descendants of the converts, thus not too different from their Indian relations.

People of Afghan descent have been moving to North India since the time of the Ghuris. Sher Shah Suri invited many Afghans to settle in northern India that is why one finds still so many Khans among Indian Muslim surnames.

It is only the Baluch & the Hazaras that can claim to be different from the rest of the subcontinent population as Baluchistan was historically never part of the realm of the Indian kings.

The mere fact that residents of Peshawar, Lahore and Karachi do not need an interpreter when they converse with people from Jalandhar, Chandigarh or Delhi should be enough to affirm Mahira Khan’s statement.

How all people living from indus to bay of bengal same ethnic group? indo-aryan isn't ethnic group. People from chitral to central India don't belong to same ethnic group because their language have common source aka indo-aryan. Did we change definition of ethnic group? And few common surnames you mentioned are of khatri and jatt origin and that to from central east punjab border with east punjab. They are not representative of any ethnic group.

This stupid muhajir agenda is getting old.

How all people living from indus to bay of bengal same ethnic group? indo-aryan isn't ethnic group. People from chitral to central India don't belong to same ethnic group because their language have common source aka indo-aryan. Did we change definition of ethnic group? And few common surnames you mentioned are of khatri and jatt origin and that to from central east punjab border with east punjab. They are not representative of any ethnic group.

This stupid muhajir agenda is getting old.

Firstly I am not Mohajir and I have no agenda.

Secondly, could you point out anything in my post that is historically or factually incorrect? Indo Aryans are not an ethnic group but Jats & Rajputs found on both sides of the border are. The region is called subcontinent because it is so vast. Thirdly, I have referred to the Hindu Shahi kingdom, which ended at Sirhind which is in Indian Punjab, I have never mentioned the Bay of Bengal.

I maintain that indigenous population of Indian Punjab & Haryana are closely related to Pakistani Punjabis, all Indian Muslim Pathans were transplanted from the KPK/Afghanistan, hence are related. Indian Sindhis and Pakistanis Sindhis are related. All Gujarati speakers on both sides of the border are also related.

If in your opinion, all Pakistanis were transplanted in the region after the invasion of Mohammad bin Qasim, sadly you are completely wrong.

For the record, Urdu speakers of Karachi never claimed to be the same as the Punjabis or Sindhis. At least accuse Urdu speaking Mohajirs of something that they are truly guilty of.

It is regrettable that even some of the educated Pakistanis exhibit such bigotry towards the Urdu Speakers. No wonder MQM like to have a separate administrative unit in Southern Sind.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom