What's new

Made in India Vehicles

images_big01.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

images_big02.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

images_big03.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

watch

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
Royal Enfield Bullet Classic 2.0

royalenfieldtwopointfd_1_560x420.jpg

new_re_classic_50020_640x480.jpg

new_re_classic_500245_640x480.jpg

new_re_classic_500269_640x480.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

new_classic_500_statics234wm_640x480.jpg

new_classic_500_statics_147wm_640x480.jpg

new_classic_500_statics_170wm_640x480.jpg

Desert Storm and classic chrom... Wow!!! I wish I could buy one... But for that I need to sell my Machismo 500, Which I won't do.. :D... I am planning to modify MM550 (Madindra Jeeps used by Army)... Lets see how it goes...

Tata Venture

tata_venture_1.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

tata_venture_2.jpg

Indian vehicles will have to compete with euro/japanese build quality and lasting in these countries(bd,pk,sl,af etc). they have seconds or refurbished vehicles imported. Indian as of now does not stand near japanese build quality or german(amazing) build quality. isn't it the truth? :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Solid point :woot: . Thanks.

I agree that up against refurbished or reconditioned Grade A foreign cars, Indian competitors have quite some ways to go.:hitwall:

And the 2'nd hand after-market is so well priced that even Indi pricing looks uncompetitive.

I stand corrected. :tup:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Solid point :woot: . Thanks.

I agree that up against refurbished or reconditioned Grade A foreign cars, Indian competitors have quite some ways to go.:hitwall:

And the 2'nd hand after-market is so well priced that even Indi pricing looks uncompetitive.

I stand corrected. :tup:[/QUOT

one thing i want to say if you makes some thing there are a lot chances to improve it further the Indian auto company Tata Motors when first launched it Indica car it looks was not so impressive but they further improved and now newer versions have a lot features and.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

one thing i want to say if you makes some thing there are a lot chances to improve it further the Indian auto company Tata Motors when first launched it Indica car it looks was not so impressive but they further improved and now newer versions have a lot features and.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sure, that's all well and good.

Are you willing to pay for it? Not me ...

Say after the MFN treaty between the two neighbours, would I buy a hypothetical Made In Pakistan Adam vehicle while the Pakistani manufacturer has, like Tata as per your quote above :
  • " ... a lot chances to improve it further. " :bounce:
Meanwhile, my money is gone Bete?

So that's another good reason why the vehicles business Indo-Pak even with the MFN treaty may not be a great buy after all.

I still hold that there may be exceptions like the Enfield, Mahindra Thar etc. N'est pas?

:offtopic:
On another note, the Mahindra naming dept. must think they are oh so smart. Everyone calls their main vehicle plain simple jeep, exactly what it is - jeep! Except for Mahindra who insist on Thar.

The reasons are obvious, Mahindra can't afford to piss off Chrysler Jeep Inc. who have hoodwinked the Jeep name by branding it Globally. They sue for big money :sniper: . The public calls it jeep.
Mahindra can easily challenge that in court because everyone calls that thing a jeep. Any sensible court will throw out the 'Jeep' trademark.

Mahindra could think of calling it Djeep. Just a play on letters. Or revoke the Jeep trademark in markets of interest to Mahindra. I bet they do the opposite by getting into 'business' with Chrysler Jeep somehow, like letting Chrysler run the ... hehe .. mar-kat-ing (marketing) dept :taz: .

Id buy a royal enfield it would be sold in Pakistan... tht old design is just beautiful.... rest of indian vehicles r ugly.. no offence... and whats with the fake Jeep cj series copied suvs by mahidra ?

Id buy a royal enfield it would be sold in Pakistan... tht old design is just beautiful.... rest of indian vehicles r ugly.. no offence... and whats with the fake Jeep cj series copied suvs by mahidra ?

They are not fake Jeep CJs. The design of Willy's CJ was licensed to a number of international manufacturers, including Mitsubishi of Japan and Mahindra of India. While Mitsubishi has stopped making CJ in 1998, Mahindra continues to make these till today.

Mahindra Jeep CJ
Marshall.JPG

Mitsubishi Jeep

Mitsubishi_1955_Jeep.JPG

They are not fake Jeep CJs. The design of Willy's CJ was licensed to a number of international manufacturers, including Mitsubishi of Japan and Mahindra of India. While Mitsubishi has stopped making CJ in 1998, Mahindra continues to make these till today.

Mahindra Jeep CJ
Marshall.JPG

Nicely done...

Buy why not come up with something new instead of th same old 50s cj shape?

I saw thar suv.. its also a extended uglier version of cj-7...

It's a good feeling seeing TATA, Mahindra, etc improving each time they make a vehicle. Very proud of them..

29810d1317638904-mahindra-xuv5oo-w201-now-revealed-pictures-pg-23-m3.jpg

29819d1317638966-mahindra-xuv5oo-w201-now-revealed-pictures-pg-23-2.jpg

29820d1317638966-mahindra-xuv5oo-w201-now-revealed-pictures-pg-23-1.jpg

29811d1317638904-mahindra-xuv5oo-w201-now-revealed-pictures-pg-23-m4.jpg

29813d1317638904-mahindra-xuv5oo-w201-now-revealed-pictures-pg-23-m6.jpg

29816d1317638966-mahindra-xuv5oo-w201-now-revealed-pictures-pg-23-m9.jpg

This one has different alloy wheels.

29888d1317648707-mahindra-xuv5oo-w201-now-revealed-pictures-pg-23-18.jpg

29887d1317648707-mahindra-xuv5oo-w201-now-revealed-pictures-pg-23-17.jpg

Mahindra's M-Hawk engine powering the XUV 500.

Nicely done...

They have come up many new vehicles. All of them have the signature font grill of Jeep CJs. Here is a Bolero Stinger

mahindra-bolero-stinger.jpg

Nicely done...

Mahindra is always sticking to SUV or say "Jeep"s. They are known for offroad vehicles for decades.
69379d1226565974-mahindra-major-4x4-edit-now-discontinued-3.jpg

^^^^They used to manufacture ww-2 style Jeeps CL-550(IIRC) "Major" for Rural Hilly Villages till 2 years ago; now replaced by Bolero Invader. be it off Himalaya or southern Western Ghats. These Jeeps are a necessity in remote rural villages in Hills Which are only accessible through non existing roads which Jeeps can only traverse.
Kodachadri
Only "Car" model they have is Mahindra Verito which is Dacia/Renault Logan Sedan powered by nissan 1.5crdi diesel(petrol varient also available) Which Mahindra is manufacturing here.
Mahindra Verito | New Sedan | Verito Man | Mahindra Verito Price India | Mahindra Car
15.jpg

Regarding Royal Enfield Motorcycles, I was sad that Cast Iron Engined Bullets are now stopped. But, Happy that Royal Enfield atleast stopped manufacturing unreliable Engines just for "sound check"(believe Me, People falls for the "Thump" of the Bullet rather than the Vehicle). Now, Royal Enfield Carries a 27bhp UCE(uni cast engine) similar to new generation motorcycles. that old bullet was truely a vintage piece. you have to maintain oil levels of Engine,Gear Oil(separate sump) every 1500kms!.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sure, that's all well and good.

Are you willing to pay for it? Not me ...

Say after the MFN treaty between the two neighbours, would I buy a hypothetical Made In Pakistan Adam vehicle while the Pakistani manufacturer has, like Tata as per your quote above :
  • " ... a lot chances to improve it further. " :bounce:
Meanwhile, my money is gone Bete?

So that's another good reason why the vehicles business Indo-Pak even with the MFN treaty may not be a great buy after all.

I still hold that there may be exceptions like the Enfield, Mahindra Thar etc. N'est pas?

:offtopic:
On another note, the Mahindra naming dept. must think they are oh so smart. Everyone calls their main vehicle plain simple jeep, exactly what it is - jeep! Except for Mahindra who insist on Thar.

The reasons are obvious, Mahindra can't afford to piss off Chrysler Jeep Inc. who have hoodwinked the Jeep name by branding it Globally. They sue for big money :sniper: . The public calls it jeep.
Mahindra can easily challenge that in court because everyone calls that thing a jeep. Any sensible court will throw out the 'Jeep' trademark.

Mahindra could think of calling it Djeep. Just a play on letters. Or revoke the Jeep trademark in markets of interest to Mahindra. I bet they do the opposite by getting into 'business' with Chrysler Jeep somehow, like letting Chrysler run the ... hehe .. mar-kat-ing (marketing) dept :taz: .

go to the url and see the Mahindra is also making this type of vehicles(m&m is the worlds only company which makes From two wheeler,three wheeler,jeep,tractor,car,SUV,sport utility vehicles and also small planes and so many things)

Untitled-1

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom