What's new

Made in India Vehicles

DSC02220.JPG

this was the bone of public transport for a long time in Uttar pradesh and Bihar....but now replaced with better vehicals.

how can we forget indian contessa........my all time favourite indian car.
HindustanMotorsContessa1.8GLClassic1.JPG

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

more of contessa...

black+contessa+3.JPG

15092007171.jpg

DSC02579.jpg

Damn! This new Mahindra is growing on me. I hated the look at first but now I kinda' want it.

Damn! This new Mahindra is growing on me. I hated the look at first but now I kinda' want it.

Saw its initial review on CNBC TV18 today. The anchor is going gaga over how the vehicle handles, how spacious it is etc. The designers got their inspiration from the Cheetah.The greatest plus point being the pricetag with fully loaded version coming around 12.5 lakhs. M & M sure have a winner in their hands.

Saw its initial review on CNBC TV18 today. The anchor is going gaga over how the vehicle handles, how spacious it is etc. The designers got their inspiration from the Cheetah.The greatest plus point being the pricetag with fully loaded version coming around 12.5 lakhs. M & M sure have a winner in their hands.

MAHINDRA SCORPIO HAS CHANGED THE FACE OF MAHINDRA NAD MAHINDRA WONDERFUL TWO GEAR SUV.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

MAHINDRA SCORPIO HAS CHANGED THE FACE OF MAHINDRA NAD MAHINDRA WONDERFUL TWO GEAR SUV.

New thread, more headache :hitwall: .
We don't call ourselves - "Thread: Made-In-India Vehicles" for nothing.

Feel free to join us all here. As long as ... they are still made-in-india vehicles, no ?

Unless the defence forces run on imported, NOT made-in-India vehicles like most countries including Pakistan.
Are the said vehicles upto par re: national security standards? Are the 'defence' versions of Indian vehicles for show, Bollywood or export only?

We would love to know more. Bring it on brother :) .

DSC02220.JPG

this was the bone of public transport for a long time in Uttar pradesh and Bihar....but now replaced with better vehicals.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Back in grandfather's time, there was a whole generation of Indian engineer and army types for whom this jeep came with the hot-shot job. The Mahindra jeep was the stuff of dreams, but dreams were reality for many. The standard, garden variety PWD jr. engineer (Public Works Dept.) or army captain job. That jeep inspired a generation of engineers, I speak from personal experience.Others aspired to said jeeps. And Bollywood did its part by romancing the engineer and his jeep myth. The "cowboy and his horse" was the 'engineer and his jeep'. "Guide" movie anyone, even though the old husband may have been an archaeologist, it flew under the rubric of 'engineer' ?

And of course it was always a jeep, not Mahindra or Chrysler or anything. High class ppl. always said 'Willys', and that was enough. Classy meant you didn't use the 'j' word.

The very decent joint family would have grandpa's Padmini or Standard maybe Ambassador, Pa's jeep and the 40-something 'boy's' Yezdi, Jawa, Rajdoot or Royal Enfield. This only the very decent ones. Yezdi for eg:

yezdi_solo.jpg

'Ornery' middle class would have to get on with it on a $hitty bajaj, or worse ... , Vijay Super, Lambretta, TVS moped, even 'Bobby' mobike etc. Ahhhhhh ... the good 'ole days, NOT :fie: !

^^^^^^^^^^^

Ordinary middle class would have to get on with it on a $$itty bajaj, or worse ... , Vijay Super, Lambretta, TVS moped, even 'Bobby' mobike etc. Ahhhhhh ... the good 'ole days, NOT! :fie:

Why do you think the Lambretta, vijay -Super (Lamby Indian Version) & bobby are shitty?

Why do you think the Lambretta, vijay -Super (Lamby Indian Version) & bobby are shitty?
Hehe.. Lambretta is a collectors item. Our Lambrettas are getting collected,restored and shipped back to Britain and EU especially.
and Rajdoot Bobby! I've had a chance of following restoration of One!. It is a Cross bred between Scooter and Motorcycle. It is still a Weird looking Collectors item. It has a good value now.
Next in the line is Royal Enfield Cast Iron Bullets, I guess.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom