What's new

Made in India’ F-16s on radar, thanks to FDI

Russian technology is for ( DOLLAR) only not for the love of India ,the age of USSR has gone to the hell in 1995, India is searching for another umbrella.

Chicha... There is few points that you have to keep in your mind...

1. Russia Don give SUBSIDY... As you know your economy is not capable enough to buy even 8 F-16 without SUBSIDY... you are totally exposed in that....Say, Thanks to India...We helped you to expose in front of this world.
2. A Big NO to AID..... So This option is also not going to work.
3. SOFT LOAN :... Again a Big NO.

Do you believe to get some CHILLAR from pakistan ... Russian is going to loose briefcase of money...Again a BIG NO.

So.. YOU ARE ONLY LEFT WITH CHINA MAAL....Have FUN.

Russian technology is for ( DOLLAR) only not for the love of India ,the age of USSR has gone to the hell in 1995, India is searching for another umbrella.
point is do you have dollars to pay for russian militarry hardware when you cant buy non subsidised F16s as russia dosent gives any subsidies , soft loans or militarry aid :azn:

Last edited:
well we already have Python5 and I Derby ER which both are comparable to AIM9X and AIM120D and guess what USA itself wants us to have them without strings attached

as i said before that before production of F16 starts in india IAF will get some three full squads of surplus USAF F16 C/D refurbished and upgraded to latest level with latest version of GaN based AESA radar and combined EW-ECM suotes and internal IRST and all modrn stuff like CFT with F16s plus bright chances of getting F35 in future and TOT to manufacture C130XJ in india
a good mix of AIM-9X II/Python 5 and AIM-120D/I Derby ER

800 of each that's 3200 missiles :o: for 126 F-16IN

a good mix of AIM-9X II/Python 5 and AIM-120D/I Derby ER

800 of each that's 3200 missiles :o: for 126 F-16IN
well Python5 and I Derby ER are used on current indian fighter jets like MKI and LCA but im sure they will be used on F16s if they come to IAF and so will be AIM9X II or AIM120D might complement what we have right now ... man what a force that will be F16s & MKI & LCA with a mix of P5. I D ER , AIM-9XII and AIM-120D its gonna be hell for enemies of IAF and india :tup:

well we already have Python5 and I Derby ER which both are comparable to AIM9X and AIM120D and guess what USA itself wants us to have them without strings attached

as i said before that before production of F16 starts in india IAF will get some three full squads of surplus USAF F16 C/D refurbished and upgraded to latest level with latest version of GaN based AESA radar and combined EW-ECM suotes and internal IRST and all modrn stuff like CFT with F16s plus bright chances of getting F35 in future and TOT to manufacture C130XJ in india
Not going to happen, nothing more than a wet dream.

As for "without strings attached", no such thing. There are ALWAYS strings attached, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

India should go for F-16 with US IFF. Now Pak and Ind F-16 wont lock with each other. Peace will prevail in south asia and hence mission accomplished! ;)

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/the-uaes-f-16-block-60-desert-falcon-fleet-04538/
the UAE bought 80 F-16 E/F for $6.4 billion way back in the early 2000's that's what $80 million a piece (not sure if that includes spares & maintenance)
6125856719_3ceff7c421_b.jpg

today a similar deal for the F-16V or even a more advance version...I bet would still come out to about $80 to $100 million each... around the same price or less than Rafale and Typhoon

It would interesting deal if 80 were to be made in the U.S for $6.5 billion to $8 billion and the rest made in India.

this would seriously embarrass Pakistan..
The funny thing is, I would welcome India getting F-16s. It would help Pakistan expedite plans to get rid of its US systems.

But it won't happen, there would be far too much opposition within India itself.

The funny thing is, I would welcome India getting F-16s. It would help Pakistan expedite plans to get rid of its US systems.

But it won't happen, there would be far too much opposition within India itself.

if you can afford systems other than U.S subsidized F-16s then that's great

Pakistan should consider acquiring Su-35 and Mig-35 :enjoy:

Not going to happen, nothing more than a wet dream.

As for "without strings attached", no such thing. There are ALWAYS strings attached, there is no such thing as a free lunch.
exept the fact we are not having a free lunch but a paid for lunch TT siji :cheers:

if you can afford systems other than U.S subsidized F-16s then that's great

Pakistan should consider acquiring Su-35 and Mig-35 :enjoy:
Or, you know, not?

Pakistan doesn't need such heavy fighters. PAF will go for what is best for its needs.

exept the fact we are not having a free lunch but a paid for lunch TT siji :cheers:
You think the US is being so nice, and just handing you technology that it doesn't even trust its closest allies with, without strings? Even if you paid a trillion dollars per F-16s, the US would still use it as a political leverage.

That is how the US works, it uses defense deals, economic ties, investment, and aid to get what it wants. India is a tool for the US, and its a shame that India doesn't seem to be learning from Pakistan's mistakes.

Most likely India or rather Reliance Industries will get the F18 assembly line. The Make in India program is basically aimed at making the likes to Reliance very rich i.e. the people who brought Modi into. Good return on investment.
yes Einstein ! Ambanis voted in all 282 seats !

Or, you know, not?

Pakistan doesn't need such heavy fighters. PAF will go for what is best for its needs.

You think the US is being so nice, and just handing you technology that it doesn't even trust its closest allies with, without strings? Even if you paid a trillion dollars per F-16s, the US would still use it as a political leverage.

That is how the US works, it uses defense deals, economic ties, investment, and aid to get what it wants. India is a tool for the US, and its a shame that India doesn't seem to be learning from Pakistan's mistakes.
no sir we know that USA is bieng good to us as it needs us more than we need USA as we werenever in US good books but your nation always always was so called ""most important non NATO ally" and how US had send its 7th fleet to bay of bengal to teach india a lesson in 1971

but that was 1971 and now the game is reversed cause like china we have been able to make ourselfs strong enof to survive without help of any nation due to opur past NAM doctroine

we are giving hard cash in return of every militarry hard ware baught from USA and USA is not giving us anything for free or on loans or coilation support and you know it but guess what since we also have the options from other vendors for weapons and latest civil and daul use nuclear tech USA cant blackmail us like it does with you nation

and as for political milage well instead of just empty words of freindship and mutual respect and dependence we have made inroads in USA with help of our hard working and honest and loyal indian daisporra and look how they have changed perception of india and indians in the eyes of avrage american and people living in western world

nothing comes for free you have to work hard to achieve it and what we have achieved is due to our own relentless hard work and smart and positive working atheikcs and not indulging in sectarinians and trouble making on trivial matters in the host nation

so in short USA will sell what we want if it can and without too many strings attached ... as for strings attached well there are many strings attacjed even with russian and other nations hardware but they dont effect us cause we before buying them do our home work propelly if you know what i mean TT sir :coffee:

Nothing weird about it. India is sadly behaving like an upstart that just made the lottery and cant decide what to do with the money. There is a lot coming in and there needs to be a very level head that is a balance of smart spending and reasonable negotiations.
Currently India wants to buy everything at the price it wants. This policy is not serving the interest of its armed forces nor the interests of its local industry .

The idea of make in India is to bring the technology to India to be absorbed by the local population. Right now it seems the idea is to bring in money that employs the local population. Unlike China which blatantly but to its advantage reverse engineers everything; India has bound itself by IP laws.
u nailed it !

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom