What's new

Made in India’ F-16s on radar, thanks to FDI

well its not India but Pakistan who has to learn from its mistake and stop fooling yourself by posting such comments. and do you really think we have to learn from you in any sense?? i guess no a BIG no... ( India is not pakistan in any sense)

As far as defense deal or economic ties are concerned, it is bound to happen be it with US or Russia or French and so on..
and last i would suggest you to learn from India's achievement not by its mistake..
Wooosh. My point went way over your head.

IAF wont go for that .
They dont need another low end single engine fighter since we already ordered LCA .
But LM can open a factory in here to produce this best jet for much cheaper price .Cheaper than even Chinese or Russian.F 16 is a best seller .So that wont affect their image even IAF dont opt that jet.
I would argue that the F-16 is as cheap as it can be, considering just how old and widespread its use is.

LM won't open a factory, unless it can guarantee sales. It is already struggling to keep its current F-16 factories in operation, and was heavily lobbying to sell those jets to Pakistan, just to keep their factories in operation for a few more years.

And the most infamous KILL SWITCHES....
US never agrees on ToT, US never want their tech transfers to Russians.
Kill switches are nothing more than paranoia.

so just more JF-17 :what:

if you want to ditch U.S and it's F-16s then what's next? :blink:
PAF is continuing development of the JF-17 to get it on par with modern F-16s, which may take quite a while, but will eventually happen.

It is also looking at next generation options.

Yep. It comes to the end of its life, and is no longer produced in the US.

Sell the production facilities to the Indians, they'll buy any old crap!

:cuckoo:

http://m.jpost.com/Opinion/Supremac...2RjA4OEY2REMxODRDQTBGRkJBQ0U4MTg3NzE3Q0I5Q0E=

Written by a former Israeli Fighter Pilot.
Excerpt: It has also been “argued” that we could upgrade current fighters instead of investing in new ones, but there is no such option. The F-16, the backbone of our current fleet, is an old, outdated plane.

For Israel .But poor nations in Africa and Asia that still rely on cheap Russian systems can switch to F16.
LM will wind up their ops within 2020 in US.
But they still can find customers for fourth gen fighter in other parts of the world.

India has a very large fleet of twin engine fighters already. nearly 275 flankers mki

They need single engine fighters both light and medium

LCA x 120 TO REPLACE 120 mig21 is happening BETWEEN now and 2024

200 + MMRCA is must to replace jaguars and mig27. That can be F16/V ie high end F16 license built in india from 2018 to 2028....

imo India should scrap the rafale and FGFA deals an look to dvelope the AMCA wih USA

I hope it haapens it would would be worth seeing pakistan faces responses

usa is loving modi
i

Here is a twist, India is looking to induct a new platform aka Rafale that could serve IAF for 40 years, and naturally it would like the platform, that could guarantee the future upgrades in future, which Rafale offer better than F-16, because U.S will focus on F-35. The upgades comes with the requirement and the investments for the high ends F-16, as many countries who can actually Invest seriously waiting for the F-35 desperately, I doubt that F-16V would be the last upgraded Avtaar.

Platforms like F-16 a forth Generation fighter plane was designed with the thinking that USAF will retire them till 2000 but, latter on was heavily upgraded to keep them as effective and competitive with the block upgrades and rated 4+. Rafale, Su-35, EF-2000, Gripen NG, Mig 35 was designed latter on as 4+ and 4++ for the 5th Generation warfare in Mind. This bird is not going to be scrapped soon, and would carry forward the legacy of the legendary MIG-21.

I would argue that the F-16 is as cheap as it can be, considering just how old and widespread its use is.

LM won't open a factory, unless it can guarantee sales. It is already struggling to keep its current F-16 factories in operation, and was heavily lobbying to sell those jets to Pakistan, just to keep their factories in operation for a few more years.

Agreed, that's why U.S wants IAF to be its customer, and then India to be MRO facility, spares and upgrade center, and eventually want's India to market in international market. U.S is not not the first one, but want to do the same what Sukhoi is doing, taking an advantage of relatively cheaper, and trained and pool of engineers and technicians available in India.

Kill switches are nothing more than paranoia.

Yes it is but I am sure, there is GPS bug in the electronics, that upload all the activities, flight path, and flight logs return to the U.S server. And if the programable DRICM is under the control of U.S technitians its not a free control of any Mission of their desire technically.

Thats why I mentioned it because Indian trolls talk it lot, it is just a friend and foe system.

Those Kill Switch word is mentioned and doubts raised more often by the Pakistani themself.

For Israel .But poor nations in Africa and Asia that still rely on cheap Russian systems can switch to F16.
LM will wind up their ops within 2020 in US.
But they still can find customers for fourth gen fighter in other parts of the world.

Poor countries tend to buy used fighters. - No business for a production line.
Name one that is interested to buy new F-16s?
I am not aware of any open tender looking for F-16 (except India).

Colombia is interested, but is looking for used F-16.
Indonesia selected Su-35.
Pakistan is not going to buy F-16 from an Indian production line, I am sure.

Last edited:
F 16 production line in India doesn't mean India is going to purchase. We need technology from different sources, that we are getting in any way. Why nobody is talks about the aeronautical skill for Indians going to get from this deal .I think that is the ultimate .

F 16 production line in India doesn't mean India is going to purchase. We need technology from different sources, that we are getting in any way. Why nobody is talks about the aeronautical skill for Indians going to get from this deal .I think that is the ultimate .

Why have a production line for something noone is going to buy?

Why have a production line for something noone is going to buy?
who cares is none is going to buy we need at least 7 full squads of F16V to complement 10-12 squads of LCA till 2025 which can only happen if we have american manufacturing skills and technology which will build a strong base to manufacture AMCA in the same numbers

who cares is none is going to buy we need at least 7 full squads of F16V to complement 10-12 squads of LCA till 2025 which can only happen if we have american manufacturing skills and technology which will build a strong base to manufacture AMCA in the same numbers
Yes, but the claim was that India is not going to buy F-16, even if a production line was set up.

Yes, but the claim was that India is not going to buy F-16, even if a production line was set up.
who made such a claim that we are not going to buy a american fighter jet ?

american dont support a nation without benefits and if we want there support we need to give them something in return to keep them interested in india hence there will be a american fighter now which one is the main question

Poor countries tend to buy used fighters. - No business for a production line.
Name one that is interested to buy new F-16s?
I am not aware of any open tender looking for F-16 (except India).

Colombia is interested, but is looking for used F-16.
Indonesia selected Su-35.
Pakistan is not going to buy F-16 from an Indian production line, I am sure.

What would happen if new F 16s have almost same cost of that used one ?

What would happen if new F 16s have almost same cost of that used one ?
Price of used F-16 would plummet, and the poor countries still would buy used.

who made such a claim that we are not going to buy a american fighter jet ?

american dont support a nation without benefits and if we want there support we need to give them something in return to keep them interested in india hence there will be a american fighter now which one is the main question

@SrNair believes that Make in India fighters will not be used in IAF.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom