What's new

Made in India’ F-16s on radar, thanks to FDI

i understand bro the need to induct large number of ligh fighters to make up for MIG21/27 but still this idea of f solah i am unable to digest. lets hope there is more concrete behind this deal

May be IAF buy that in small numbers and US themselves knows nothing big can expect from here .But their aim is not our market but a cheaper aircraft production that enable them to compete even China or Russia in expense .A lots of small nation will still buy this jet

Or, you know, not?

Pakistan doesn't need such heavy fighters. PAF will go for what is best for its needs.

You think the US is being so nice, and just handing you technology that it doesn't even trust its closest allies with, without strings? Even if you paid a trillion dollars per F-16s, the US would still use it as a political leverage.

That is how the US works, it uses defense deals, economic ties, investment, and aid to get what it wants. India is a tool for the US, and its a shame that India doesn't seem to be learning from Pakistan's mistakes.

well its not India but Pakistan who has to learn from its mistake and stop fooling yourself by posting such comments. and do you really think we have to learn from you in any sense?? i guess no a BIG no... ( India is not pakistan in any sense)

As far as defense deal or economic ties are concerned, it is bound to happen be it with US or Russia or French and so on..
and last i would suggest you to learn from India's achievement not by its mistake..

my view is simple. if France doesnot agree to lower the price of 36 Rafales,then we should outrightly scrap it(Rafale deal will happen anyway coz PM Modi has announced it and if it is scrapped it will be a blow to his reputation) and instead open a production line of latest models of F-16s and induct atleast 100s of them in IAF.

my view is simple. if France doesnot agree to lower the price of 36 Rafales,then we should outrightly scrap it(Rafale deal will happen anyway coz PM Modi has announced it and if it is scrapped it will be a blow to his reputation) and instead open a production line of latest models of F-16s and induct atleast 100s of them in IAF.
It is going to be fun, when both Pakistani and Indian pilots die from friendly fire
since their planes are mistaken for an enemy (NOT)...

Eventually it will be LCA-RAFALE-AMCA and FGFA.

Plenty of tech will come from Rafale and make its way to LCA and AMCA. FGFA contract by year end.

Rest is just NEWSPAPER FICTION.

IAF wont go for that .
They dont need another low end single engine fighter since we already ordered LCA .
But LM can open a factory in here to produce this best jet for much cheaper price .Cheaper than even Chinese or Russian.F 16 is a best seller .So that wont affect their image even IAF dont opt that jet.

I dont think so .We Anil Ambani group also in there .TAT is already burned their hands in Radia tape case and Tatra truck .So lobbying wont work in there .And in Parliament left MPs and opposition will fry Centre if they touch LCA.
That is not what the MoD and the Air Chief says.
The reason for the "Make in India" program is to replace MiG-29/Jaguar/Mirage 2k which are becoming obsolete
regardless of the current upgrades.
There are plenty of statements to that effect.
Show a statement that says "Make in India" is just to allow companies to lower production cost.
Local production is a bargaining chip when selling fighters.
Do You think Brazil would want to renegotiate the Gripen contract, to have their planes produced in India ???

It is going to be fun, when both Pakistani and Indian pilots die from friendly fire
since their planes are mistaken for an enemy (NOT)...

By that logic, Either China or India will have to dump their flankers :p:

That is not what the MoD and the Air Chief says.
The reason for the "Make in India" program is to replace MiG-29/Jaguar/Mirage 2k which are becoming obsolete
regardless of the current upgrades.
There are plenty of statements to that effect.
Show a statement that says "Make in India" is just to allow companies to lower production cost.
Local production is a bargaining chip when selling fighters.
Do You think Brazil would want to renegotiate the Gripen contract, to have their planes produced in India ???

I am talking about continuation of F 16 program outside of US for low income country..

Sold to whom though? You guys do realise that one manufactures something they want to actually buy or have hopes of selling.
The Kuwaiti Superhornet deal is closed and being made here, All F-16 orders are going to be fulfilled here. So where is the customer for which there will be investment to make in India?

India had the option to go for the Superhornet and involve Boeing in the Tejas to truly synergize its industry instead of falling for the French Floozy that eventually cant even get going at 36 jets; let alone 120.
I think this week or last week, Israel first F35 rollout. So, F16 is reaching its end soon.

I am talking about continuation of F 16 program outside of US for low income country..
When market is rapidly moving toward drones and low price precision strike weapons. Its very hard to sell big ticket item. You have living example of Turkish T129 and Pak JF17 and lot more can be found.

India has a very large fleet of twin engine fighters already. nearly 275 flankers mki

They need single engine fighters both light and medium

LCA x 120 TO REPLACE 120 mig21 is happening BETWEEN now and 2024

200 + MMRCA is must to replace jaguars and mig27. That can be F16/V ie high end F16 license built in india from 2018 to 2028....

imo India should scrap the rafale and FGFA deals an look to dvelope the AMCA wih USA

I hope it haapens it would would be worth seeing pakistan faces responses

usa is loving modi
i

By that logic, Either China or India will have to dump their flankers :p:
Or accept losses due to friendly fire.

India could use their Flankers vs Pakistan and F-16 vs China of course.

<annoy>Best alternative: Buy Gripen which is proven to be lethal vs Chinese Flankers by the Thai Air Force.</annoy>

I think this week or last week, Israel first F35 rollout. So, F16 is reaching its end soon.

When market is rapidly moving toward drones and low price precision strike weapons. Its very hard to sell big ticket item. You have living example of Turkish T129 and Pak JF17 and lot more can be found.
F16 won't leave long, but it's still got few years left in my opinion.
And yeah, We got the F35 today :-)

Also all NATO members are getting ready for the adoption of F35. But, EU not going to keep F16 for long for budget issue. Also they are not willing to have too many planes parked.

The issue is if more people will buy F-16s.
I doubt that any more new F-16s will be sold to European countries, nor Israel, nor Turkey.
Some smaller countries may consider used F-16s, but that will not bring business to a production line.
Will the U.S. buy more F-16s - No.
Arab Countries seems to be more into EuroCanards.

Who will buy?

Last edited:
Also all NATO members are getting ready for the adoption of F35. But, EU not going to keep F16 for long for budget issue. Also they are not willing to have too many planes parked.
F35 is the future, ofcourse it has some birth problems, like F15 and F16 had, but it will ivolve to be one of the best planes of the near future.
However,it will take time to replace all the old F16 in F35's partners' airforces, that's why the F16 will see another 10 years give or take.
As for Israel, I wonder which plane will replace the aging F15

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom