What's new

Mad Dog Media.

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Turn on any Pakistani TV channel and you are bound to be hit in the face with one of the following,

Sawal yeay hai,

Off the record with Kashif Abbasi,

Do touk with Mazar Abbas,

Q & A with PJ Mir,

Focus with Faeza,

Bolta Pakistan,

Aaj Kamran Khan Key Saath

Live with Talat

and not to be out done in an irritating cresendo,

Eleventh hour with Jasmeen.

In all the Pakistani public are pre-occupied with at least eight hours of mental torture,
Media the world over represents general public opinion.
What role is Pakistani media playing and what objectives does it achive.?

30% are news Channels ..

Why not Watch other 70% :D ..

In Pakistan Rating of news channels are higher than the entertainment channels.

Which mean that Our news channels are entertaining us :D.....We want to see Politician's Fight :taz: and :blah: :blah: :blah:

Why are we still watching 'em :unsure:

Turn on any Pakistani TV channel and you are bound to be hit in the face with one of the following,

Sawal yeay hai,

Off the record with Kashif Abbasi,

Do touk with Mazar Abbas,

Q & A with PJ Mir,

Focus with Faeza,

Bolta Pakistan,

Aaj Kamran Khan Key Saath

Live with Talat

and not to be out done in an irritating cresendo,

Eleventh hour with Jasmeen.

In all the Pakistani public are pre-occupied with at least eight hours of mental torture,
Media the world over represents general public opinion.
What role is Pakistani media playing and what objectives does it achive.?

A very serious matter
Very fruitful thought; we are watching number of such programs every other day getting general public opinion about their hardships in the war of survival. What is the outcome of all these programs and what is the result of all probing into social issues and worthless fights between politicians? We do cry over these issues and problems all the time but we are not heading towards any solution. What’s the point of crying?
All these channels are earning money and “YES” they also giving the wisdom to average public, but we need to evaluate the authenticity of the information flooded by these programs and the outcome caused by them. Should "Stop Saying" and "Start Doing" something its about time.

:pakistan:

In Pakistan Rating of news channels are higher than the entertainment channels.

Which mean that Our news channels are entertaining us :D.....We want to see Politician's Fight :taz: and :blah: :blah: :blah:

Why are we still watching 'em :unsure:

I don't see anything terribly wrong with the news and current affairs channels being more popular than entertainment channels. With inflation and terrorism the major problems facing Pakistan today, it is appropriate that people are focusing on political events and the channels that talk about them get higher ratings.

Political awareness and interest is essential for having a functioning democracy. Now this interest needs to be translated into more people showing up to vote at election time.

I don't see anything terribly wrong with the news and current affairs channels being more popular than entertainment channels. With inflation and terrorism the major problems facing Pakistan today, it is appropriate that people are focusing on political events and the channels that talk about them get higher ratings.

Political awareness and interest is essential for having a functioning democracy. Now this interest needs to be translated into more people showing up to vote at election time.

Very well said Sir, but i dont think that those ppl are watching these talk shows who come from villages at election day in charm of free lunch and ride to city vote for the person who make this possible to bring them to the city.
Rest it reamin you and me who are watching and burning our blood. You know and I know all about whats gong on.... Also Media exagurate things and create hipe of certin matters.
I am not going into any conflict bu tthese are observations.

:pakistan:

The news is that the likes of GEO are channeled mega bucks by VOA to imply their version of events.
More than political, it's public awareness that's paramount as first chance the man in the street gets, he will torch public transport, set alight a petrol station, fire bomb a foreign franchise or even wreck a government establishment. In such case scenarios, the public knowledge needs to be enhanced as these assets don't belong to the likes of Musharaffs, Zardaris or the Shariffs. At the end of the day it's a common man's loss.

THE MEDIA IN PAKISTAN HAS AN ILLUSION THAT SINCE PAKISTAN IS DEMOMCRATIC COUNTRY FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS PART AND PARCEL OF DEMOCROCY.THE MEDIA SHOULD USE ITS POWER WISELY THERE IS AN OLD SAYING TOO MUCH POWER CAN CORRUPT.

Pakistan's biggest and most famous news organization, GEO, is destroying the way Pakistani civilians are thinking.

They are trying to confuse us by adding Bollywood music into Pakistani drama's,
by never mentioning Kashmir the way a normal news channel would,
by making fun of the issues that Pakistan is dealing with [electricity etc] rather than putting up some solutions for them,
by complaining about our politicial leaders that don't do sh!t besides argueing about why they became leaders and some other party didn't.

There will be mass confusion in the Pakistani minds about who to support, who to follow, who to trust, what to do and where to go when something extremely dangerous happens like a war or something...

In other words, we're screwed.

This is why I don't get Geo or ARY at home. I really wanted to support Urdu channels but the garbage on these channels was too much.

If you want to watch Pakistanis hows then watch Hasb-e-haal.

The problem is, we Pakistanis in general do not appreciate difference of opinion and that is part of the reason that we have always supported (not apposing is also kind of a support) strong leadership in the form of military as well as civil dictatorships. If one is finding any particular channel distasteful, just don’t watch it, watch something else. The channels are in no position to force you watch them or correct me if that is not the case? Instead of bashing channels, one must ask the question, why a majority of
Pakistanis is patronizing these channels? Is it that the majority of Pakistanis are mentally retarded? That they are unable to differentiate between right and wrong especially while there are number of channels to choose from? Who is asking you to watch ‘merey mutabiq’? Switch to another channel and watch ‘dancing with the stars’, it is not that Dr. Shahid Masood will come out from the TV screen with a machinegun in his hand to punish you. Who think that Geo is spreading conspiracy theories or what not, why they watch Geo in the first place, go ahead and watch PTV, is it very difficulty to press the button? And if PTV is not what many want to watch and prefer Geo or ARY instead, than there is something that PTV lacks and others offer.

The problem is, we Pakistanis in general do not appreciate difference of opinion and that is part of the reason that we have always supported (not apposing is also kind of a support) strong leadership in the form of military as well as civil dictatorships. If one is finding any particular channel distasteful, just don’t watch it, watch something else. The channels are in no position to force you watch them or correct me if that is not the case? Instead of bashing channels, one must ask the question, why a majority of
Pakistanis is patronizing these channels? Is it that the majority of Pakistanis are mentally retarded? That they are unable to differentiate between right and wrong especially while there are number of channels to choose from? Who is asking you to watch ‘merey mutabiq’? Switch to another channel and watch ‘dancing with the stars’, it is not that Dr. Shahid Masood will come out from the TV screen with a machinegun in his hand to punish you. Who think that Geo is spreading conspiracy theories or what not, why they watch Geo in the first place, go ahead and watch PTV, is it very difficulty to press the button? And if PTV is not what many want to watch and prefer Geo or ARY instead, than there is something that PTV lacks and others offer.
Then there is an example of a city girl who is married off into a fishing village, initially she complains about all the smell but after few weeks as she gets used to the surroundings, she starts claiming that since her arrival, all the smell has faded away. Switching TV Channels is very convenient, but isn't that like saying, those who died in say Parade line mosque were not my relatives. Agreed such talk shows are beneficial in public grooming but since they all seem to focus in the same direction, one is forced to ask, are politic turmoils the last of our worries.!!

THE PROBLEM WITH GEO TV & ARY DIGITAL IS THAT THEY ARE BOTH BASED OVERSEAS IN DUBAI AND HAVE TOO MUCH POWER TO INFLUENCE YOUR AVERAGE JOE PAKISTANI EASILY. ONE SHOULD LOOK AT WHO IS RUNNING THESE CHANNELS FIRST.
BOTH ARE RUN BY JEWS AND HINDUS IN THE BACKGROUND.
BUT THEY DO NOT REPRESENT MY VIEWS ON HOW PAKISTAN SHOULD BE RUN. IT IS BECAUSE OF THEM PAKISTAN IS IN SUCH A MESS.

Back
Top Bottom