What's new

M777 HOWITZER DEAL DONE

If we are gonna go for M777 Ultra guns then how will Kalyani group get the order for 500 Ultra?
We are going for onof 145 M777....while overall requirement is hugh and thats where Kalyani's gun come into play.

1. The requirement of ultra light guns is near the higher ceiling of 3 digit numbers , near ~700-800 , as ultra light guns are not only very advantageous in the mountains but also while conducting swift large scale mechanized/ Armoured thrust into enemy areas.

2. The initial order of M777s is 145 guns , and India has already stated in Feb 2016 that it buy upto 500 more guns off the Indian Line.

3. So while in case of no other competition and fair pricing , its pretty sure that it will be M777s grabbing all the market here.

4.The nearest competitor of M777 for Singapore is nearly 1,300 kg heavier and also slightly costly ,so untill Kalyani builds a gun similar to that of what Singapore has , atleast at a comparable cost, There will be no incentives for MoD to go for another gun when a better product is already being manufactured from a Indian assembly line.

If we are gonna go for M777 Ultra guns then how will Kalyani group get the order for 500 Ultra?

We are going for only 145 M777....while overall requirement is hugh and thats where Kalyani's gun come into play.

By the time Kalyani group is in aposition to deliver these ULH to the IA 600+ M777 will already be in service (or on order).

1. The requirement of ultra light guns is near the higher ceiling of 3 digit numbers , near ~700-800 , as ultra light guns are not only very advantageous in the mountains but also while conducting swift large scale mechanized/ Armoured thrust into enemy areas.

2. The initial order of M777s is 145 guns , and India has already stated in Feb 2016 that it buy upto 500 more guns off the Indian Line.

3. So while in case of no other competition and fair pricing , its pretty sure that it will be M777s grabbing all the market here.

4.The nearest competitor of M777 for Singapore is nearly 1,300 kg heavier and also slightly costly ,so untill Kalyani builds a gun similar to that of what Singapore has , atleast at a comparable cost, There will be no incentives for MoD to go for another gun when a better product is already being manufactured from a Indian assembly line.

By the time Kalyani group is in aposition to deliver these ULH to the IA 600+ M777 will already be in service (or on order).

I am talking in the MII perspective when we are developing some complex technology of course it cant compete with the best in the market that's like saying LCA should be a match the Rafles when its rolled out . I am all for the M777 considering the urgent need for IA to our strike corps all I am saying is lets have some 300 M777 and the remaining can come from kalyani group which will be able to come up with a good product matching the likes of ST Kinetics . I feel MP should push for this gun like he did with the LCA

What is total long term requirement for 155 mm artillery pieces for India?

I don't think 600 + Bofors is sufficient.

Kalyani gun can then certainly make up the bulk of the remaining requirement?

I am talking in the MII perspective when we are developing some complex technology of course it cant compete with the best in the market that's like saying LCA should be a match the Rafles when its rolled out . I am all for the M777 considering the urgent need for IA to our strike corps all I am saying is lets have some 300 M777 and the remaining can come from kalyani group which will be able to come up with a good product matching the likes of ST Kinetics . I feel MP should push for this gun like he did with the LCA

Nothing against Kalyani, was just saying that the gun should be atleast good enough for use with C130/CH47D, and have a comparable performance parameters.

It need not be as good as M777, it just should be under 1.5 Tons difference from the weight of M777s, if its heavier , well unlike LCA where it can preform many role , going for a heavy gun which will have restricted mobility , not good.

What is total long term requirement for 155 mm artillery pieces for India?

I don't think 600 + Bofors is sufficient.

Kalyani gun can then certainly make up the bulk of the remaining requirement?

Post no #61

Nothing against Kalyani, was just saying that the gun should be atleast good enough for use with C130/CH47D, and have a comparable performance parameters.

It need not be as good as M777, it just should be under 1.5 Tons difference from the weight of M777s, if its heavier , well unlike LCA where it can preform many role , going for a heavy gun which will have restricted mobility , not good.

Post no #61

Ok thats for ultra light, how about just regular and light guns....can't Kalyani fill that requirement whatever it may be?

Guys its not the Wt. which is only important, but its the ability of the Gun, to be quickly dismantelled, and then delivered with the C-17, C-170, Chinook to the front line, and then assembled quickly, to be ready for the show down.

During Kargil war, IA took 1 month to arrange all the Artillery pieces to the mountaneous front.

Finally...Mountain Strike Corp will get some teeth.

Don't forget this capability..

4-m119a1-howitzer.jpg
I want entire picture.........Howitzer and Chinook

Ok thats for ultra light, how about just regular and light guns....can't Kalyani fill that requirement whatever it may be?

My post #49

Kalyani will form a major part in production of DRDO ATAGS. Apart from that , there isn't any solid procurement plan in 155/52 gun (towed) category where they are playing a role as of now , untill they tie up with one of the foreign vendors to buy a MII style 155/52 gun for the second production line.

Apart from that there is a big scope in 105/37 gun (Towed /mounted ) where they are proposing options to MOD.

Personally MoD should have had ordered few batteries ofBharat 52 gun in the meanwhile as its proven design and would have helped IA artillery forces . But it seems it will remain a personal wish.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom