What's new

LY-80 Hassan finally Arrived!

China develops longer-range HQ-16 SAM variant

http://www.janes.com/article/63500/china-develops-longer-range-hq-16-sam-variant

3 systems in 2013-14 and additional 6 systems in 2014-15
upload_2016-9-10_20-16-33.png

Last edited:
Happy-Independence-Day-Of-Pakistan-Eagle-With-Pakistani-Flag-Wings.jpg

Congratulation on Pakistani Engineers on this wonderful Achievement
Certainly a great Defensive Weapon

Hopefully the Collaboration with China will help protect the region and enhance security in region by means of detterence

Aj Indian NAJAR nahi arahe ?

Let me power on the system
stock-photo-turn-off-the-switch-3440687.jpg

Last edited:

New video of the HQ-16B in action. In comparison to the HQ-16, the "B" variant incorporates both semi-active and active radar homing and an increased range of up to 70 km, amongst other enhancements.

The system was put into production over two years ago, so if Pakistan's decision to induct the LY-80 is a recent development, then it is probable that this variant is what was procured.

The export designation of the HQ-16B is LY-80N.

Last edited:
I just saw Pakistan's name in the operators list of Hq-9 and hq-16 in wikipedia .
First rule when you are going to learn about defence never trust wikkipedia

I just saw Pakistan's name in the operators list of Hq-9 and hq-16 in wikipedia .

Yes sir ! But I remember I didn't see Pakistan's name before so this could be a confirmation that we actually received these systems .

The second rule....never trust any Indian media source or Indian pdf member for that matter ( except our TTA from India)

The second rule....never trust any Indian media source or Indian pdf member for that matter ( except our TTA from India)
Getting these systems should be considered a starter we need more systems like PANTSIR S2 and BUK M3 and S-350 and in future HISAR from Turkey. We need to have our own IRON SHIELD which has various long and medium and short range Air Defence systems

Last edited:
Getting systems should be considered a started we need more systems like PANTSIR S2 and BUK M3 and S-350 and in future HISAR from Turkey. We need to have our own IRON SHIELD which has various long and medium and short range Air Defence systems
Well, Pak-Russia relations are getting stronger and Pakistan has shown a keen interest in Russia air defence systems and I am sure they will sign a good deal either for S-400 or some modified version of it while Russia is developing S-500 already. I'm quite confident that HQ-16b (LY-80) has come with ToT. And similar deals Pakistan should sign with Russia since Russian ADS are the best proven systems so far. We need multiple layers of ADS...
LY80 is a great system but its ceiling 18 km while F-22 and Pak FA can fly at 20 km in addition to being stealth. We also need to get involved in anti-stealth technologies that will be able to detect 5th and 6th A/C.

HISAR

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom