What's new

Love thy neighbour: Indian, Pakistani

Don't you think..culture and religion are different. An Arab and Pakistani are Muslim, but they belong to different worlds when you take culture into consideration.

As an indian you probably know very little about Pakistani culture. One of the biggest myths out there is that Pakistani culture and indian culture is the same. Nothing could be further from the truth. If it were, Pakistan would never have been created. Pakistan culture is mostly derived from Islamic culture. Also physically speaking, most Pakistanis resemble Arabs, Iranians and Southern/Rural Turks than we do indians. The difference between an Arab and Pakistani is exactly the same as the difference between a French and German. Language. Pretty much everything else is similar. Here in London, the new generation of Pakistanis, Arabs, Iranians and Turks are inter marrying in increasing numbers. Just as how hindus and sikhs do.

As an indian you probably know very little about Pakistani culture. One of the biggest myths out there is that Pakistani culture and indian culture is the same. Nothing could be further from the truth. If it were, Pakistan would never have been created. Pakistan culture is mostly derived from Islamic culture. Also physically speaking, most Pakistanis resemble Arabs, Iranians and Southern/Rural Turks than we do indians. The difference between an Arab and Pakistani is exactly the same as the difference between a French and German. Language. Pretty much everything else is similar. Here in London, the new generation of Pakistanis, Arabs, Iranians and Turks are inter marrying in increasing numbers. Just as how hindus and sikhs do.

As I said: This interpretation is quite different from Muslim to Muslim. Some Muslims consider the religion to be their culture while the other differentiate between religion and culture.

For your information...I lived in London and New York for considerable amount of time of my life. I met my share of Pakistanis (both boys and girls ;))

if there was no difference in our culture then India Pakistan would have never been separated.

Absolutely. To us india means oppression and war. Absolutely nothing else. As long as we can defend ourselves from an indian attack/invasion thats all. There is no other connection or common ground with the indian race. We are completely different to them. And we are also indifferent to them.

with how things have progressed in last few months.

sir, is it worse than 1965, 71, 99???? if you had that hope before few months.... things cudn have deteriorated to loose hope in these few months.... :-):-)

Absolutely. To us india means oppression and war. Absolutely nothing else. As long as we can defend ourselves from an indian attack/invasion thats all. There is no other connection or common ground with the indian race. We are completely different to them. And we are also indifferent to them.
Pakistan was created so that muslims can lead their life without any oppression from hindus.we know what would happen to muslim who wants to eat meat

I feel we if all the members here from Pakistan and India learn to respect each others feelings then we can have hope for some good future in reality. if we can't behave civilized in a forum then we all can imagine what in reality we think about each other

sir, is it worse than 1965, 71, 99???? if you had that hope before few months.... things cudn have deteriorated to loose hope in these few months.... :-):-)
You are right, things couldn't!
They Haven't
But sadly, the attitude have.

Well i still hope Pakistan and India get along together nicely.Even though may be i won't be alive to see that happen

Aren't you contradicting yourself....
how? I agree that there is not much there as other option but still there is not much hope for things to improve either.

Back
Top Bottom