What's new

Lost Islamic History

Very informative.

Thanks to OP.

One of the problems that I think, our muslim youth has is that we are disconnected from our past; the good past, we are always given the impression that there is nothing good to look at, but I guess if we connect ourselves with our past, there is alot to learn and alot to inspire !

credit to the original posters. they are doing a great job !

this is gross propaganda. secondly, such tolerance was not shown in many cases because of the idol worshiping.. anyway I believe none of the places of worship should have been destroyed, be it idol worshiping houses !!

how can you say that because as per Islam their is only one god and tjat is Allah ..... remember even prophet destroied kabba idoles post take over of mekka

how can you say that because as per Islam their is only one god and tjat is Allah ..... remember even prophet destroied kabba idoles post take over of mekka
Because Kaaba was created as a worship place for monotheists.....idol worshippers took over it.....it did not originally belong to them!

Because Kaaba was created as a worship place for monotheists.....idol worshippers took over it.....it did not originally belong to them!

ok then dont show mercy by saying none of the worship places should be detroied.....

stick to your fith ...

The Spanish Muslim doctor al-Zahrawi (936-1013) was the first to do dental surgery, give therapeutics for heart disease, use sutures, extract thyroid cysts, and remove breast cancer. His contributions have either been lost in history, forgotten, or taken by Christian Europeans with no credit given to him.

who ali sina? lol bro we ain't blind what do you think we don't know what people say about islam?
we know what you people think but to actually convince us of something try giving us something worth reading, we don't care if you hate islam because that laws are too tough for you. prove the quran wrong and islam will fall apart and i have yet to seen that and I've been surfing sites like ali sina for almost a decade.

well jeez thanks.

thank god for indian right? who besides being all so secular and liberal are still right next to us in the third world lol.
your shit-hole of a country faces the same problems our country faces, your country is actually worse in most cases.

The pagans have added Ali Sina (all of the people who write as him because there is clearly not one person writing) to their millions of Gods. :lol:

Muslim countries should protect this culture and there should be king rule every where. Thumbs down for democracy
we will protect our is laic culture and heritage so no need for you to hurry.
and anybody that has a problem with will have to deal with a billion muslims.

One of the problems that I think, our muslim youth has is that we are disconnected from our past; the good past, we are always given the impression that there is nothing good to look at, but I guess if we connect ourselves with our past, there is alot to learn and alot to inspire !

Well, there's Mecca where one can one day hope and pray to be able to perform pilgrimage. That's always somewhere to look back at. We are always looking back at the history of our faith. We are bound to.

Apart from that, I do not see how a bunch of ancient buildings dotted around the world would connect young Muslims to the past. And for what? Unity? :lol:

What matters is the present and the future. It is critical that they connect to that during these.....difficult times. And not live in a wrapped reality.

The Muslim Who Was China’s Greatest Explorer – Zheng He

When people think of great explorers, they think of the usual names: Marco Polo, Ibn Battuta, Evliya Çelebi,Christopher Columbus, etc. But not many know of one of the most interesting and influential of all time. In China, he is well known, although not always recognized or glorified. He is Zheng He, the Muslim who became China’s greatest admiral, explorer, and diplomat.

Origins
Zheng He was born in 1371 in the southern China region of Yunnan to a Hui (a Muslim Chinese ethnic group) family. His birth name was Ma He. In China, the family name is said first, followed by the given name. “Ma” is known in China as short for “Muhammad”, indicating Zheng He’s Muslim heritage. Both his father and his grandfather were able to travel to Makkah and complete the Hajj, so Zheng He came from a practicing Muslim family.

At a young age, his town was raided by the Ming Dynasty’s army. He was captured and transported to the capital, Nanjing, where he served in the imperial household. Despite the oppressive and difficult circumstances he was in, Zheng He actually befriended one of the princes, Zhu Di, and when he became the emperor, Zheng He rose to the highest positions in government. At this time, he was given the honorific title “Zheng” and was known as Zheng He.

Expeditions
In 1405, when emperor Zhu Di decided to send out a giant fleet of ships to explore and trade with the rest of the world, he chose Zheng He to lead the expedition. This expedition was massive. In all, almost 30,000 sailors were in each voyage, with Zheng He commanding all of them. Between 1405 and 1433, Zheng He led 7 expeditions that sailed to present day Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, India, Sri Lanka, Iran, Oman, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Kenya, and many other countries. It is probable that during one of his journeys, Zheng He was even able to go to Makkah to complete the Hajj.

zheng-he-7th-expedition-map.png

A map showing the routes taken by Zheng He on his 7 expeditions in the 1400s

Zheng He was not the only Muslim on these expeditions. Many of his advisors and were also Chinese Muslims, such as Ma Huan, a translator who spoke Arabic and was able to converse with the Muslim peoples they encountered on their journeys. He wrote an account of his journeys, titled the Ying-yai Sheng-lan, which is an important source today for understanding 15th century societies around the Indian Ocean.

Seeing these expeditions must have been an event that people did not easily forget. The ships Zheng He commanded were up to 400 feet long, many times the size of Columbus’s ships that sailed across the Atlantic. For hundreds of years, people thought that the giant proportions of these ships were exaggerations. However, archaeological evidence from the shipyards where they were built in the Yangtze River prove that these ships were in fact even larger than modern football pitches.

Everywhere they sailed, they commanded the respect (and sometimes fear) of the local people, who offered tributes to the Chinese emperor. Because of this tribute and trade with all the peoples they encountered, Zheng He would sail back to China with exotic goods such as ivory, camels, gold, and even a giraffe from Africa. The expeditions sent one message to the world: China is an economic and political superpower.

Spreading Islam
Economics and politics were not the only effects of this great fleet that was commanded by Zheng He. He and his Muslim advisors regularly promoted Islam wherever they traveled. In the Indonesian islands of Java, Sumatra, Borneo and others, Zheng He found small communities of Muslims already there. Islam had started to spread in Southeast Asia a few hundred years before through trade from Arabia and India. Zheng He actively supported the continued growth of Islam in these areas.

zheng_he27s_ship_compared_to_columbus27s.jpg

A replica in Dubai that compares the size of Zheng He’s ships with those of Columbus

Zheng He established Chinese Muslim communities in Palembang, and along Java, the Malay Peninsula, and the Philippines. These communities preached Islam to the local people and were very important to the spread of Islam in the area. The fleet built masjids and provided other social services the local Muslim community would need.

Even after the death of Zheng He in 1433, other Chinese Muslims continued his work in Southeast Asia, spreading Islam. Chinese Muslim traders in Southeast Asia were encouraged to intermarry and assimilate with the local people on the islands and Malay Peninsula. This brought more people to Islam in Southeast Asia, as well as strengthened and diversified the growing Muslim community.

Legacy

As an admiral, diplomat, soldier, and trader, Zheng He is a giant of Chinese and Muslim history. He is seen as one of the greatest figured in the spread of Islam in Southeast Asia. Unfortunately, after his death, the Chinese government changed its philosophy to a more Confucian one which did not support such expeditions like Zheng He’s. As a result, his accomplishments and contributions were mostly forgotten or overlooked for hundreds of years in China.

His legacy in Southeast Asia, however is quite different. Numerous masjids in the region are named after him to commemorate his contributions. Islam spread in Southeast Asia through many forms, including trade, travelling preachers, and immigration. Admiral Zheng He was also a major part of its spread in that region. Today, Indonesia has the largest Muslim population of any nation in the world, and much of that could be attributed to the activities of Zheng He in the region.

Sources

Aqsha, D. (2010, July 13). Zheng he and islam in southeast asia. The Brunei Times. Retrieved from Zheng He and Islam in Southeast Asia | The Brunei Times

Ignatius, A. (2001, August 20). The asian voyage: In the wake of the admiral read more. Time Magazine, Retrieved from

The Muslim Who Was China’s Greatest Explorer – Zheng He | Lost Islamic History

In Malaysia and South East Asia he is known as Cheng Ho...The greatest Chinese Muslim Admiral who was well respected....I guess he is the same person :undecided:

Well, there's Mecca where one can one day hope and pray to be able to perform pilgrimage. That's always somewhere to look back at. We are always looking back at the history of our faith. We are bound to.

Apart from that, I do not see how a bunch of ancient buildings dotted around the world would connect young Muslims to the past. And for what? Unity? :lol:

What matters is the present and the future. It is critical that they connect to that during these.....difficult times. And not live in a wrapped reality.
One should always know their history and learn not to repeat it...If there is success stories in it, there is hope with which people get strength and lessons to go for a successful future..

Yes he was not promoted because what was promoted was Islam was spread through the sword...if he was promoted that myth would not have gotten the attention it has in today's world :tsk:

Last edited:
when i went to school in pakistan i did the same.
Bro if you are talking about slatey that is different from these...people engraved in these rocks...not something in todays world...but that only preserved history and reached us...

The Moplah tribe fantasy story is all fake,

Arab traders who came from Arabia married local women and settled down in Northern Kerala.

These people were not the ruling class but when Tipu Sultan invaded Malabar in the late 18th century,he brutally converted hindus under the sword and the moplahs started thinking they ll become the viceroys now.

But after Tipu died,Hindus as an educated class became the powerful ones and these guys were frustrated as what they never got what they wanted so they did something in furstration.

No wonder these guys are working as cab drivers and grocery shop owners in the GCC now.

References? no not Indian people writing after everything happened to satisfy themselves but references of that time period...or any archaeologically certified references...and no not what your school teacher told you...

Last edited:
Its not gross propaganda.
Maybe propaganda is fed to you in Pakistan that Muslims had a very pleasant rule in India.
There are hundreds of mosques in India which were built after razing temples there. Notably in UP and Bihar. That or they removed the upper structure of temple and used temple foundations to build over mosques.

Im sorry but thats bull$hit reason you are giving. As if idol worshiping is a sin and the Muslim rulers were justified.
To us, what you do bend over 5 times a day to Mecca is a sin and a joke. Doesnt mean we go over and destroy Mecca or Muslim places of worship.
why go to Mekkah? good to know you think its a sin to pray to GOD when Hindus do roughly the same just not 5x...

Pranāma or charaṇa-sparśa, the touching of the feet in Indian culture, is a show of respect and it is often an integral part of darshan, or "visions of the divine" in sanatan dharma worship. When greeting, children touch the feet of their family elders while people of all ages will bend to touch the feet of a great guru, deity of a Deva (God) (such as Rama and Krishna).

Hindus bend over too
Ashtanga Namaskara ring a bell?

Are these jokes:

211_Sequence.jpg
image209.jpg

We do it 5 times a day to remember GOD more frequently if in trouble or not, how is that a joke than someone doing it only when they are in trouble?
If its idol worship or table worship or fire worship. As long as people's temples were destroyed by Muslim rulers, people of India will hate them.
@Leader condemned it but you want to live in history? What can be done about it? If you live in negativity you will end up lost...Plus dont tell me Hindus didnt burn anything (Babri Masjid is one of the incidents that happened in the 20th century in civilized India) so am sure there were more if you want to scan the eras...

Plus if Muslims were soo brutal, so far there would be not a single temple in India where the Muslims ruled parts of India..but we still see Churches and temples there...please explain...

They did the same in Iran. Thousands of fire temples were destroyed by Muslim rulers. Its almost systematic wherever Muslims rule, they demolish other people's places of worship.

Dont try to pull wool over what they have done.

Here you go:

1. Here is a reference to an excerpt of an interview of Richard Eaton, shared by Truth Finder:
The big temples that were politically irrelevant were never harmed. Those that were politically relevant — patronised by an enemy king or a formerly loyal king who becomes a rebel — only those temples are wiped out. Because in the territory that is annexed to the State, all the property is considered to be under the protection of the State. The total number oftemples that were destroyed across those six centuries was 80, not many thousands as is sometimes conjectured by various people. No one has contested that and I wrote that article 10 years ago.
Last words of Aurangzeb on his death-bed | Page 2

I hope you understand that your claim of Hundreds of temples being destroyed is absurd. It is not unreasonable to surmise that the rest of your claims are also of similar quality.

2. You may also note from the above that the temples that were destroyed suffered for their role as political opposition, not as places of worship.

3. Where ever Islam went, people converted peacefully. As example of Malaysia, Indonesia, and Turkish nations attest, Islam's spread did cause abandonment of older religious establishments. You can not call it destruction as such.

PS>
4. In India, some temples were converted to mosques. In my view, their status should be reversed, since it was wrong to begin with.

Last edited:
The Life of Imam Abu Hanifa

The Life of Imam Abu Hanifa | Lost Islamic History

Imam Abu Hanifa was a non-arab.

In 763, al-Mansur, the Abbasid monarch offered Abu Hanifa the post of Chief Judge of the State, but he declined to accept the offer, choosing to remain independent. His student Abu Yusuf was appointed Qadi Al-Qudat (Chief Judge of the State) of al-Mansur regime instead of himself.
In his reply to al-Mansur, Abū Ḥanīfah recused himself by saying that he did not regard himself fit for the post. Al-Mansur, who had his own ideas and reasons for offering the post, lost his temper and accused Abū Ḥanīfah of lying.
"If I am lying," Abū Ḥanīfah said, "then my statement is doubly correct. How can you appoint a liar to the exalted post of a Chief Qadi (Judge)?"
Incensed by this reply, the ruler had Abū Ḥanīfah arrested, locked in prison and tortured. He was never fed nor cared for. Even there, the jurist continued to teach those who were permitted to come to him. In 767, Abū Ḥanīfah died in prison

The irony is , "Fiqah Hanfiah" was written (compiled) by the same "Abu Yusuf" who accepted the seat of "chief judge of state" , the rejection of which by Imam Abu Hanifa resulted in Abu Hanifa`s arrest and then murder !!! So fiqah hanfi is actually fiqah yusufi !!!

Also what the writer has not mentioned in the article is the fact that Imam Abu Hanifa was a student of Imam Jafar Sadiq (the great grandson of Imam Hussain and the founder of fiqah jafaria or shiite fiqah) and Abu Hanifa held Jafar Sadiq in very high regards ......

And today hanafis and shiites are killing each other !!!

The history answers a lot of questions but .........

Last edited:
Hmmm..I have heard Iraqi people talking about Abu Hanifa being the student of Imam Jafar Sadiq but never have I read it on my own...

As for his student that is again never mentioned...

Saying 1 sect i wrong or what not is a little funny...I belong to no sect because ALLAH called me a MUSLIM and follower of prophet Muhammad SAW not follower of an Imam...sorry

From the article The Life of Imam Abu Hanifa | Lost Islamic History:
Imam Abu Hanifa was a firm believer that a code of laws cannot stay static for too long, at the risk of no longer meeting the needs of the people. Thus he advocated interpreting the sources of Islamic law (usul al-fiqh) in response to the needs of the people at the time. This dynamic form of legalism did not supersede the Quran and Sunnah (sayings and doings of the Prophet ﷺ), of course. Instead, he promoted the use of the Quran and Sunnah to derive laws that addressed the issues that people dealt with at that time

Sadly we now have corrupt mullahs who "derive" things from their own brain rather than the Quran and Sunnah and try to justify it using the Quran and Sunnah.... :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom