What's new

Losses of Israel And Arabs in Wars After Creation of Israel

Just answer this one question. On the whole who do you honestly say is far and away the more victorious/stronger side?

IDF showed a poor performance during that war, while Hezbollah managed to repel IDF advances.

It's not only about military superiority, but also about the limitations of power. What is power exactly? To put the problem another way, power is not a object - someone possesses - but a relationship. To think about it in the abstract: A exercises power over B when A gets B to do something it would not otherwise do. What 2006 has proven is that the instruments of power in one political, geographical or strategic context do not necessarily work in another.

IDF showed a poor performance during that war, while Hezbollah managed to repel IDF advances. They won IMO.

It's not only about military superiority, but also about the limitations of power. What is power exactly? To put the problem another way, power is not a object - someone possesses - but a relationship. To think about it in the abstract: A exercises power over B when A gets B to do something it would not otherwise do. What 2006 has proven is that the instruments of power in one political, geographical or strategic context do not necessarily work in another.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. Israel's score card over the past 50+ years speaks for itself as far as I am concerned. :tup:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. Israel's score card over the past 50+ years speaks for itself as far as I am concerned. :tup:

Against military incompetent forces? Than yes, you are right. Hezbollah proved that an enemy with tactical awareness, determination and discipline is able to resist a much stronger force.

Wikipedia's Arab and Israel's military strength on 1948, 56, 67 and 73 conflict is inaccurate.

1967 - Egypt did not have the air strength compared to Israel with US help because their airforce was destroyed before the war started.

1973 - The Jews claimed they won the war but they never did but at the end Kissinger threatened Egpt and Syria for intervention because only pussies wants help from America. Well to sum up this war you can understand this quote from an Egypt "It was doomed, not only their airforce was stronger than ours, it was because they had 900 tanks on frontline"

Any war with Israel, you will not see any of them on the ground but you will see full of tanks and F-model jets on the frontline. This is what the hadith says, they will never confront you, but to stay behind walls. Logically, it means tanks and concrete walls. Hell, we even make jokes about them.

Any war with Israel, you will not see any of them on the ground but you will see full of tanks and F-model jets on the frontline. This is what the hadith says, they will never confront you, but to stay behind walls. Logically, it means tanks and concrete walls. Hell, we even make jokes about them.

But according to ayat of quran we must be ready to confront them. We must prepare our horses.

Arabs has lost every war against Israel. The only one who managed to stand up against Israel, ironically, was Hezbollah.
Cut that crap for god's sake. What Hezbollah did is just sitting in villages and firing rockets.

IDF showed a poor performance during that war, while Hezbollah managed to repel IDF advances.

I ansked u in another thread, which army performed better in giver circumstances: storming well fortified and well armed enemy in mountainous area. You failed to answer.

@500

Hezbollah made IDF soldiers cry for their mother's in Bint Jbeil:

"We watched over the bodies, we were crushed, we broke down and cried on each others' shoulders," He said adding, "I felt helpless and uncertainty over my fate and the fate of my comrades.:rofl:

Many of those men appealed to the Defense Ministry with a request to be recognized as shell-shocked soldiers. Depositions tell not only of the battle itself but of how the soldiers themselves saw things and the memories and nightmares that have accompanied them since that day.

The soldier claimed that the sights from that battle haunt him: "At first I tried to deal with it by myself. I was embarrassed to talk about it, I thought I was strong enough, I mean, I was a fighter, I didn't believe time would heal the mental wounds.":omghaha:

Eventually the opposite happened: "Sadly I was proved wrong, I have endless flashbacks and nightmares from the scene of the battle, anxiety, shuddering, and lack of ability to concentrate. I've become irritable, introverted, standoffish, unhappy."

Another soldier who experienced the battle of Bint Jbeil wrote: "The helplessness, the uncertainty…was seared into our minds, we were left mentally injured, and we were in terrible distress.

"I hear my the screams of my friends and myself screaming to take him out of the kitchen ruins," the soldier described in the deposition. His friend described a similar situation – saying he suffered from concentration problems, nightmares and impatience.
:lol:

Bint Jbeil: The never ending nightmare - Israel News, Ynetnews

Looks like Hezbollah literally gang-raped the Golani Brigade on that day.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
But according to ayat of quran we must be ready to confront them. We must prepare our horses.

Nothing can kill a discussion on war history faster than a talk based on religious mumbo jumbo.

Looks like you are ready to cr@p your own thread.

Sadly

@FaujHistorian

Sadats order to move the armoured brigades further into the Sinai against Alshazlys wishes is what created a gap or weakness in the Egyptian lines on the west bank of the canal which with American reconnaissance reports the Israelis exploited. Alshazly proposed moving a brigade from the eastern bank to the west bank of the canal but after opposing Sadat prior to that he was ignored, Sadat also thought that this would leave the eastern side exposed somehow (his book doesn't really make sense. I think it was just because Shazly disagreed with him). The Israelis exploited this and that lead to Chinese farm and eventually the encirclement of the third army (a relative of mine was actually captured and he was part of the thirds commandos). Now the Americans and Israelis over exaggerated the encirclement of the third (western bank by the way) as if the war had continued reserve forces would have been mobilised and the Israelis themselves would have been encircled. The Israelis also made territorial gains after the ceasefire. The third was by no means out of the equation or unable to fight although they were encircled.

Germans write endless pages as to how and why they got defeated in WW2

Japanese do the same.

We the Paks write books as to why we got defeated in 1971.

Indians write about their defeat in 62 against China

Americans write about the outcome of Vietnam and Korea.

So do Egyptians about 73.

Bottom line!

A military defeat is a military defeat.

No one should white wash it.

Wikipedia's Arab and Israel's military strength on 1948, 56, 67 and 73 conflict is inaccurate.

Moosh moosh dear

provide authentic references and fix the damned wiki. No need to complain.

Don't do the girly things by moaning and groaning.

Wikip...
Any war with Israel, you will not see any of them on the ground but you will see full of tanks and F-model jets on the frontline. This is what the hadith says, they will never confront you, but to stay behind walls..

Do not kill the thread by posting $tupid jokes

Thank you

How many soldiers, civilians, military equipment (tanks, aircrafts, ships) were lost between wars against israel and arabs?
1948 Independence war:

Israel - 6,373 killed (4,000 soldiers and 2,400 civilians)

Palestinians - 3,000
Egypt - 2,000
Jordan - 1,000
Syria - 1,000
Lebanon - 500

1956 Suez war:

Israel - 231

Egypt - 1,600

1967 Six Day war:

Israel - 777

Egypt - 10,000
Jordan - 6,000
Syria - 2,500

1968-1970 War of Atrittion:

Israel - 838 (650 soldiers + 188 civilians)

Egypt - 5,000
PLO - 1,828
Syria - 500
Jordan - 84
USSR - 58
Cuba - 180

1973 Yom Kippur war:

Israel - 2,527

Egypt - 12,000
Syria - 3,000

1982 First Lebanon war:

Israel - 432

Syria and PLO - 10,000

1985-2000 South Lebanon war:

Israel - 278

Hezbollah - 1,276

1987-1993 First Intifada:

Israel - 160 (60 soldiers + 100 civilians)

Palestinians - 1,162 (in addition some 1000 were killed by Palestinians themselves)

2006 Second Lebanon war:

Israel - 165 (121 soldiers + 44 civilians)

Lebanon - 1,109 (500-600 Hezbollah)

Second Intifada 2000-ongoing:

Israel - 1,108 (349 soldiers and police + 759 civilians)

Palestinians - 6,827 (in addition 680 were killed by Palestinians themselves)

up to 31 May 2013

I think this thread is pointless (see initial question, the truely intended topic is very different) and should be closed as per mod.
Just my 2c

@500

Hezbollah made IDF soldiers cry for their mother's in Bint Jbeil:

Looks like Hezbollah literally gang-raped the Golani Brigade on that day.:)
Golani Brigade lost 8 people in Bint Jbeil, killing some 40 Hezies.

Later Paratrooper Brigade arrived in Bint Jbeil, slaughtering several dozen additional Hezies without looses.

Thats why Hezbollah afraid to fire a bullet towards Israel since 2006. All they can do now is hide like rats and tell stories to their imbecile supporters how they defeated Israel.

Back
Top Bottom