What's new

Look Out, China: India Wants a New Aircraft Carrier—With Help From U.S.

You only have to look at the title of this thread. "Look out China". This is sure to attract attention.

Let's look at the history of India’s aircraft carrier program and you will see what I mean.

INS Vikrant (1961 to 1997) - This was India first aircraft carrier. This was a brand new zero mileage aircraft carrier with catapult launch and has an angle deck which at that time was an advance design. It operated the Seahawk which at that time was a very successful aircraft carrier based fighter.

So it was fair to say this aircraft carrier capability was pretty much comparable with the best in the world at that timeframe ie 1960s and 70s. This was a good opportunity to learn and master aircraft carrier technologies.

However, India did not learn or master any of the aircraft carrier technology like the catapult, the arrestor landing and the aircraft carrier based fighter.

INS Viraat (1987 to 2020) – This is India’s second aircraft carrier. Now this was first launch in 1945 for the Royal Navy so it was even launch earlier than India’s first aircraft carrier INS Vikrant ! So what India got was a second hand, hand down aircraft carrier with a ski ramp instead of catapult launch. Its capability thus fell behind the catapult launch carrier but still quite capable. Today it’s the decrepitated aircraft carrier I had earlier mention.

Now it get worst.

INS Vikramaditya (2013) – This is India’s third aircraft carrier. Not only is this another second hand, hand down aircraft carrier, it’s not even an aircraft carrier but originally a helicopter carrier. It has no blast shield, it is small with its infrastructure located near the center and its elevators located in the center blocking landing operations. Only one elevator can fit the MIG29. Its bridge control room looks like something from the 1980s. Even INS Vikramaditya soonwill be dock again for a refit to add an air defense.

So today, after over 50 years of operating aircraft carriers, India only have one modified helicopter carrier (Not counting that decrepitated INS Viraat ).

Now for their next carrier, India is building themselves a brand new INS Vikrant using whatever available ship building infrastructure and skilled workers that they have. And India still have to buy all the aircraft carrier technologies. The fact that a very critical and expensive imported gearbox got damaged beyond repair during transporting shows the lack of skill workers or robust lifting capability. It also was funny that their new INS Vikrant had to be floated out of the dry dock three times. Yes three times. Just so another ship could use the dry dock.
It's from some blog & plz don't take indian media seriously even we don't take them seriously here,we call them prestitutes ,many of the media outlets here are owned by westerners & they will have certain bias toward CCP

China didn't copy Russia coz our Economy & Military Expenditure already surpass Russia as world N.o2 ... and China development also can't copy by others.

Sounds like one of those typical loud mouth chinese boasts to me, but How is that relevant to the topic ?

Just ignore troll he has been banned many times & come up with new ID every time

LOL....... you say that about a fellow India to a 50 cent chinese bot ? :coffee: .......... what are you, a Jihadi ?

ndia hopes to build its own indigenous nuclear-powered aircraft carrier—complete with electromagnetic catapults—with the cooperation of the United States. In recent years, Washington and New Delhi have drawn closer together in the maritime security realm, due in part to China’s more expansive maneuvering in both the Pacific and Indian Oceans.
you forgot the "I" in india

Okay, our great India will build another boat with helps from American ... ur great india.

LOL. Who told you that ? :lol:

Are you a clown ? Then you might enjoy this.

tumblr_nywcgzXhm31tjfjuco5_400.gif

tumblr_nywcgzXhm31tjfjuco1_400.gif

tumblr_nywcgzXhm31tjfjuco9_400.gif

Last edited:
Keep going, my friend ... such Arrogance & Ignorance like u will hurt India badly. Keep going ... China never mind.

LOL......... and you keep on earning that 50 cent too boy.

One of these days you will find someone who gives a $hit if china minds :lol:

LOL......... and you keep on earning that 50 cent too boy.

One of these days you will find someone who gives a $hit if china minds :lol:
I earning much more than that, poor man. Well that sounds like u gave some $hit to China in 1962.

Are you a clown ? Then you might enjoy this.

tumblr_nywcgzXhm31tjfjuco5_400.gif

tumblr_nywcgzXhm31tjfjuco1_400.gif

tumblr_nywcgzXhm31tjfjuco9_400.gif
I enjoy Russia Mig-29k ? Come on, im tired of Mig-29 coz most lost in war. Many Mig-29 shot down during recent 30-year aircombat.

We Pakistanis are not even protesting increasing US Indian ties. Relations with us must come at the cost of India.

Only Indian do believe Chinese achievements support from Russia, coz u just living in India not in China, even though 'Made in China' equipment help British building their A.C in Britain.
Let's I accept your claim, but Chinese Achivement is not its equipment is helping British building their A.C, but providing it at cheapest cost otherwise many countries have this capablities but not at you cost, whereas what US can provide nobody else can provide it at any cost LIKE (EMALS)

China didn't copy Russia coz our Economy & Military Expenditure already surpass Russia as world N.o2 ... and China development also can't copy by others.
This line dosent suit on CHINA, plz take care abt it for future.

My firend, let me show u some truth here :coffee:, a 'copy' country can not do like China.
U.S DoD released: 2015 ASiA-PACIFIC Maritime Security Strategy
View attachment 279743 View attachment 279744

This map is a joke. So Vietnam naval power is far ahead of all SEA countries combined? Lool I hate number games. At this rate even North Korea huge naval strength in numbers will overwhelm Japan. LMAO.

Let's I accept your claim, but Chinese Achivement is not its equipment is helping British building their A.C, but providing it at cheapest cost otherwise many countries have this capablities but not at you cost, whereas what US can provide nobody else can provide it at any cost LIKE (EMALS)

Since when are cranes high tech equipments that we cant build? Lol Cranes can be bought almost in any Western country and even some developing ones. Only that we want the most competitive products to keep our building cost low. Even if Vietnam could provide such a product at a more competitive price then we will go for it. Lool

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom