What's new

Long-range stealth bomber under development in China

The production capability of China's engine manufacturers is not up to par. The limited amount of engines and spare parts are used by the J-11B and J-15, these jets have priority, even the J-10Bs are not allocated any WS-10s.

In the future when we Can produce as fast and reliable as the Americans could, then we can sell engines, until that time, we have to resort to foreign engines.

This is one of the more sane posts I've seen here. Chinese can develop the technology, the problem is they don't have it right now. Same with the Indians, they can develop the technology, but the fine-tuning aspects of building a fighter jet engine don't just come overnight.

You have to gain knowledge either through an iterative process (trial and error like the Chinese), or have someone come in and teach you how to build it (India and Snecma).

Both methods will work, but right now neither country can mass produce reliable engines.

This is one of the more sane posts I've seen here. Chinese can develop the technology, the problem is they don't have it right now. Same with the Indians, they can develop the technology, but the fine-tuning aspects of building a fighter jet engine don't just come overnight.

You have to gain knowledge either through an iterative process (trial and error like the Chinese), or have someone come in and teach you how to build it (India and Snecma).

Both methods will work, but right now neither country can mass produce reliable engines.

The Chinese have the technology, but mass producing it is slow, which is what the post was getting at. That has more to do with capital investment rather than developing the actual device from scratch.

China does have engines in mass production, but they are being diverted mostly to the J-11B series.

You have to gain knowledge either through an iterative process (trial and error like the Chinese), or have someone come in and teach you how to build it (India and Snecma)..
Snecma deal has been cancelled.....

A turbine engine, in principle, is an internal combustion engine, like the one powering your car. You have an explosion contained inside a chamber and you channels the force into mechanical contraptions to produce work.

The great difference here is that with a piston system, the one in your car, temperature peaks and mechanical stresses are never constant so 'regular' metals like iron/steel or aluminum are well able to handle the temperature and mechanical stresses. Not so with a turbine engine where temperature peaks and mechanical stresses can be constant, as in combat. Not only that, any temperature and mechanical stress levels below peaks will also be constant, as in an airliner cruising.

The internal combustion temperature of the F135 engine is top secret, but you can bet your next year's salary that it is in the four figure range and anything in the public realm is pure speculation.

http://www.uwplatt.edu/~schlager/web pages/ME turbines.html
The F135 gas turbine is the first production jet engine in this new 3,600°F class, designed to withstand these highest, record-breaking turbine inlet temperatures.
High performance combat aircrafts cannot, or rather should not, be designed for a wide variations in engine performance. Their ability to maneuver, as in roll or climb rates, are just as dependent upon engine capability as their aerodynamics designs. Fly-by-wire flight control systems (FBW-FLCS) can make accommodations via widening the flight control laws parameters (software) but even those laws are restrained by physical limits of the flight control surfaces and their mechanics, wing area and shaping, center of gravity, etc...So either a design have matching engine, or the design be scrapped.

This is why engine design and manufacturing are so critical and can make or break a fighter.

100% agree with you .

No,India needs atleast 10 more years for fully devloping something complex like engines........
China will fully master it by 2016 or 2017.

I am not as optimistic as you.

China still do not even have a indigenous car engine ,2017 is too too optimistic.

And also 10 years for india is not enough.

I am not as optimistic as you.

China still do not even have a indigenous car engine ,2017 is too too optimistic.

And also 10 years for india is not enough.
Good for you.......

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O??,China is the largest manufacturer of Cars and that include engines also....

We will have a fully certified engine in two years but it cant be used anywhere......
10 years so that we can use it on our own fighter planes...

Good for you.......

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O??,China is the largest manufacturer of Cars and that include engines also....

We will have a fully certified engine in two years but it cant be used anywhere......
10 years so that we can use it on our own fighter planes...
Most of the engines are imported from Jap/German/US.

But we already have some domestic companies induct indigenous engine but not good enough.

About India engine , when did India start the project ?

China spend 30 years already.

Last edited:
Most of the engines are not imported from Jap/German/US.

But we already have some domestic companies induct indigenous engine but not good enough.
You are underestimating yourself.......
China is using its own engines in its fighter planes thats a very big acheivement.........

India has an engine which we will certify in 2 years and then we need 8 more years to use it at its full poential.....

You are underestimating yourself.......
China is using its own engines in its fighter planes thats a very big acheivement.........

India has an engine which we will certify in 2 years and then we need 8 more years to use it at its full poential.....

Sorry , my type fault , most of the car engines are imported from the other countries.

Would you please give me some source about india engine ?

I never hear about that .

Sorry , my type fault , most of the car engines are imported from the other countries.

Would you please give me some source about india engine ?

I never hear about that .
We are devloping our own engine since last 25 years!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom