What's new

Long range sniper kill

Pakistan is well aware of the threat. Which is why they maintain no presence along the LoC. They relegate the responsibility to the mujaheedin. They are dispensable. Their losses don't count. Thermal systems along with guided missile systems should be sufficient for now. Otherwise local invasions can be tried out to eliminate the posts on the other side.

There was once a difference. Today, not so much. Chivalry is good for ball room parties. There are no marksmen. On any side. Only human beings with weapons and training to kill another.
You are assuming this based on the information of casualties on the other side of the border?

Pakistan is well aware of the threat. Which is why they maintain no presence along the LoC. They relegate the responsibility to the mujaheedin. They are dispensable. Their losses don't count. Thermal systems along with guided missile systems should be sufficient for now. Otherwise local invasions can be tried out to eliminate the posts on the other side.

There was once a difference. Today, not so much. Chivalry is good for ball room parties. There are no marksmen. On any side. Only human beings with weapons and training to kill another.

I can understand your feelings but these guys are regular rangers and marksmen no doubt they have killed some but not some 950 meters like they have claimed.

Don't you think it is necessary to publish at least a URL as a source to the claim, while your countrymen continuously rebut the Indian claim of a surgical claim which was made public by none other than DGMO. :)
Well like the Indians, no one in Pakistan claimed they have any drone footage of the mission, besides at that kind of distance you would need some serious equipment to capture the kill. To give you an idea, the image below is of an Indian post captured in Pakistani gun sight....compare that with a human silhouette.

11219218_1666977766872907_431061227571173179_n.jpg

I don't get why we aren't using GPS/Laser guided mortars/arty's. They are way too cheaper and way too convenient..
We don't know if we are using or not using actually. Except for casualties, no news can be trusted. Especially those related to the armaments in use there.

IMO, they are being used. Otherwise the losses on the Indian side would have been much higher. I think it works like this -
i. Pak snipers position themselves to take out Indian observer posts or night patrols. This is done to allow reinforcements of arms, men etc into JnK.
ii. When spotted, Indian artillery opens up (leading to death of civvies and Rangers etc)
iii. In response, Pak artillery fires back to suppress the former.

The cycle continues. (i, ii, iii, i, ii, iii, i, ii, iii...)

1-Indian soldiers must have become lax and taken the enemy for granted.

2-For example, India can unilaterally declare 10 km of the other side as a safe zone. Anyone there can be taken out
1-That and the fact that India ended ceasefire agreement at LOC
2-Really? Do you think India has the capability to do that?

Well like the Indians, no one in Pakistan claimed they have any drone footage of the mission, besides at that kind of distance you would need some serious equipment to capture the kill. To give you an idea, the image below is of an Indian post captured in Pakistani gun sight....compare that with a human silhouette.

View attachment 348260

That image is pointless while pointing to a bloody roof top lol

I can understand your feelings but these guys are regular rangers and marksmen no doubt they have killed some but not some 950 meters like they have claimed.
Actually in the hilly areas, the effective distance is often less than 700 m as the crow flies.
Take this shape for example,
\_/

The two asterisks are the rival posts. One Indian and the other Pak. The lower most point is a stream, marking the LoC. The distance between them can be a couple of kms. But the distance can be as low as 650m in some cases.

I think it is time that you make this your aavtar.... have seen you posting this for 10 times at least... little less than the lat ice cube pic

View attachment 348260

1-That and the fact that India ended ceasefire agreement at LOC
2-Really? Do you think India has the capability to do that?
Capability?
Yes.

Will?
No.

You are assuming this based on the information of casualties on the other side of the border?
I don't believe in the righteousness of the cause. I believe that what needs to be done, needs to be done. Not because it is good or bad. But it is necessary.

:angel:

We don't know if we are using or not using actually. Except for casualties, no news can be trusted. Especially those related to the armaments in use there.

IMO, they are being used. Otherwise the losses on the Indian side would have been much higher. I think it works like this -
i. Pak snipers position themselves to take out Indian observer posts or night patrols. This is done to allow reinforcements of arms, men etc into JnK.
ii. When spotted, Indian artillery opens up (leading to death of civvies and Rangers etc)
iii. In response, Pak artillery fires back to suppress the former.

The cycle continues. (i, ii, iii, i, ii, iii, i, ii, iii...)
We need to use precision guided munitions on pak posts..

Actually in the hilly areas, the effective distance is often less than 700 m as the crow flies.
Take this shape for example,
\_/

The two asterisks are the rival posts. One Indian and the other Pak. The lower most point is a stream, marking the LoC. The distance between them can be a couple of kms. But the distance can be as low as 650m in some cases.

That is what I'm wondering all this while about that 950 mtrs range. See snipers are a selected lot and I'm sure Pakistan has some in ssg but not in rangers and I'm doubtful of the ssg claim

Like they claimed that they killed our soldiers even before entering.imagine that

That is what I'm wondering all this while about that 950 mtrs range. See snipers are a selected lot and I'm sure Pakistan has some in ssg but not in rangers and I'm doubtful of the ssg claim

Like they claimed that they killed our soldiers even before entering.imagine that
To be honest, I usually trust the data that comes from Pakistan. They are generally more boastful (which hurts them). Being tactful and diplomatic is not their forte perhaps.

Which is why this needs to be taken seriously. Both sides have weapons and the training. But they have a much greater urge to hunt than we do. Precautions are needed.

Capability?
Yes.

Will?
No.

I don't believe in the righteousness of the cause. I believe that what needs to be done, needs to be done. Not because it is good or bad. But it is necessary.

:angel:
Hmmm. So you think that a 10 KM area on an enemy's side, which has a 600000 strong army and almost all gadgets of modern warfare, can be declared a "safe zone" and anyone there can be taken out. Interesting.

I think it is time that you make this your aavtar.... have seen you posting this for 10 times at least... little less than the lat ice cube pic
Nice to know i have a dedicated following.
Never see you making these comments when 1971 surrender picture is posted by some Indian member on every second thread.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom