What's new

Long range sniper kill

With .50 using US rounds a good sniper can take out targets upto 2500 meters.

Our own snipers regularly make kills in the FATA Theatre, well in the range of over 1000 metres.

It's just that in the eastern Theatre this is the first time the Indians have faced this new facet of our improved forces. Rado intercepts have them totally bewilderd that they can be targeted at that distance l.

A special forces soldier took out an indian soldier at 905 meters with a barret light 50. at that range the Indians were totally shocked.

The special forces soldier was a graduate of PA's sniper school of excellence.
Yup I read an Indian article in which the Indian was crying that SSG snipers are deployed on the border which are killing Indian soldiers everyday . :sniper: aur kuun na karien sniping we have the best snipers in the world :-)

Well y'all claim that you have video proof of every act which involves killing and destroying Indian soldiers, why don't you insert a video of the long range shot and looks like the OP claimed that the Indians were shocked by seeing such a long range sniper kill, maybe you should've recorded their shocking reactions too. Why don't you post em in here

Sources in the military establishment explain that after the surgical strike by Indian forces in Azad Kashmir, Pakistan has deployed nearly 700 SSG commandoes on nearly 700 kilometers of border sharing India including 200 km of International Border and 740 km of Line of Control.

An officer explained that around 15 platoon of SSG commandoes are deployed on Pakistan side that mainly form the core of its Border Action Team (BAT) and its primary task to dominate by carrying out brutal military killing by long range snipers or an ambush.

And last week’ killing of India rifleman Sandeep Singh Rawat was also killed by sniper fire and suspected to be done by SSG Commandoes.

On October 23, Gurnam Singh, a BSF jawan was killed by snipers shot by Pakistani army in Hiranagar sector of Jammu.

Similarly, Sudesh Kumar of 6 Rajput Regiment was killed in sniper firing on the LoC in Tarkundi area of Rajouri on October 16.

“These were killing by professional and trained army personnel. Pakistan army has deployed snipers all the Line of Control to pick targets from a distance,” said a source. However, Indian side has also deployed long range snipers to target any militant activity moving towards Indian side.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nat...etting-indian-soldiers-along-loc-1533561.html

It was also reported by our media.

Pakistani-Sniper-Killed-Indian-Army-JCO-Officer-Today-In-Cross-LoC-Firing-At-Kupwara-District-2.png

Now snipers...

The Indian side has made a major tactical error here. Regular patrols along the fences is good only if there are only militants involved. Otherwise, patrols should happen well before them with all approaches being kept on watch from a distance.

Complacence. For just a few seconds. And a life is lost. They are like the proverbial ducks for the Pak Army snipers. Israel style fencing of the Golan can be emulated here.

Light artillery, observers and reserve counterattack teams to deal with intruders. I am sure such is the standard procedure here as well. This seems to be an exceptional event. I hope so, actually.

Last edited:

Sources in the military establishment explain that after the surgical strike by Indian forces in Azad Kashmir, Pakistan has deployed nearly 700 SSG commandoes on nearly 700 kilometers of border sharing India including 200 km of International Border and 740 km of Line of Control.

An officer explained that around 15 platoon of SSG commandoes are deployed on Pakistan side that mainly form the core of its Border Action Team (BAT) and its primary task to dominate by carrying out brutal military killing by long range snipers or an ambush.

And last week’ killing of India rifleman Sandeep Singh Rawat was also killed by sniper fire and suspected to be done by SSG Commandoes.

On October 23, Gurnam Singh, a BSF jawan was killed by snipers shot by Pakistani army in Hiranagar sector of Jammu.

Similarly, Sudesh Kumar of 6 Rajput Regiment was killed in sniper firing on the LoC in Tarkundi area of Rajouri on October 16.

“These were killing by professional and trained army personnel. Pakistan army has deployed snipers all the Line of Control to pick targets from a distance,” said a source. However, Indian side has also deployed long range snipers to target any militant activity moving towards Indian side.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nat...etting-indian-soldiers-along-loc-1533561.html
I wasn't talking about snipers being deployed or SSG commandos as it is common for both countries to deploy snipers. BSF have their own snipers and your rangers would have the same but I guess due to recent escalations, y'all deployed SSG. I was talking about this long range shot which is close to 1km (which may or may not be true) and the OP mentioning Indians reactions to such a long range shot. I wonder how come the OP claimed to see the shocking reactions of Indians

Been informed that the sniper was a veteran with a number of takfiri kia. this was the first indian kill he has made.

The soldier was part of a "Commando" platoon, in a regular infantry battalion. Ie the lowest tier of our Special Forces community. Due to their skill and strength the Indians think they are SSG lol.

RIP to the indIan soldier. It's not personal.

If true, this is sufficient cause for a declaration of war. This is not artillery, where you have a defense - that of deterrence. This is marked hunting. There can be no defense.

Now, of course, I know. India does not have the cohones to declare war, but at the very least a complete cessation of relations is a bare minimum. No diplomatic recognition or ties should be a minimum for any self respecting nation.

If true, this is sufficient cause for a declaration of war. This is not artillery, where you have a defense - that of deterrence. This is marked hunting. There can be no defense.

Now, of course, I know. India does not have the cohones to declare war, but at the very least a complete cessation of relations is a bare minimum. No diplomatic recognition or ties should be a minimum for any self respecting nation.
Sniping has long been a problem, much before current hostilities. And we do the same. Only difference being we do not make videos public. As for as patrolling the fence, remember that fence is a good kilometer inside Indian boundary...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom