What's new

LONG RANGE AIR AND MISSILE DEFENCE SYSTEM DECISION

If Russia can sell us , we will buy it . We may go directly for s500 :undecided:

Considering the fact that the delivery of S500 systems to Russian army is postponed to 2017, you might have to wait for at least 2020-2022 to buy S500 systems from Russians if you want to go directly for S500. Even that date is not certain and will depend on the capibilities of competitor missile systems and the geostrategic balance of the region.

The bold part. As far as i know the HQ-9 has limited capabilities compared to S-300 and Patriot. But i agree that Russia will hold back the deal as long as possible, hence we should either deal with US or China.

Bro, HQ-9 has a range of 200km same as the S-300 but more then PAC-3. Since the HQ-9 is actually built to take out fighter jets its already far usefull to Turkish inventorty then the S-300 'Anvey-2500' variant which is designed to take out Ballistic missiles and rockets. The FD-2000 (export HQ-9) even has some stealth capabilitiyes.

Bro, HQ-9 has a range of 200km same as the S-300 but more then PAC-3. Since the HQ-9 is actually built to take out fighter jets its already far usefull to Turkish inventorty then the S-300 'Anvey-2500' variant which is designed to take out Ballistic missiles and rockets. The FD-2000 (export HQ-9) even has some stealth capabilitiyes.

My 2 cents is that the chinese systems are not really at par with the Russian/ US systems.

We are more than happy with the S-300 / Tor-M1 even though they are not compatible with the rest of our defence network and we had to work alot to integrate them.

On the other hand there is no reason to get through the same trouble. The Patriot system (now) is more then capable to provide long range defence.

Turkey is keeping the Russian and the Chinese options because the Turkish authorities are going use them as a tool to reduce the sale price of the other missile systems.

The Russian and the chinese systems are harder to integrate with the NATO radar; it can possibly also create a flaw in the system and can lead to a leak in vital information to the enemy.

People seem to forget how the patriot antimissile system failed miserably in Israel and the Gulf countries against the Iraqi most basic Scud missiles.
So any other system will be a better choice for sure.
I prefer the Russian S-300V most advanced system with ToT, or the Chinese HQ-9 , the other hybrid system won't fair better than the Patriot.

The current Patriot is a much different system than the one used over 20 yrs ago

While S400 is around patriot will be the second best so my vote goes to S400... unless her integration to curretn systems doesn't blow up.

My 2 cents is that the chinese systems are not really at par with the Russian/ US systems.

We are more than happy with the S-300 / Tor-M1 even though they are not compatible with the rest of our defence network and we had to work alot to integrate them.

On the other hand there is no reason to get through the same trouble. The Patriot system (now) is more then capable to provide long range defence.

How did the Greeks integrate the S-300 to their system? Is not Greece using the NATO system?

Some info would be appreciated

S-400
Specifications (40N6[2])
Propellant solid propellant rocket motor
Operational
range 400 kilometres (250 mi)
Flight ceiling 185 km[3]
Boost time cold launch ejection system
Speed Mach 12.0
Guidance
system inertial guidance with radio command corrections
Steering
system gas dynamic flight control system

S-400 (SAM) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My vote goes for S-400, longest operational range. But because Russia is not Turkey's biggest ally, in the political scene it might not be the most appropriate decision.

HQ-9 got 200 km range (half of S-400). But still better than patriot. So if we calculate both economy, specs and politics then I guess buying HQ-9's would be best for Turkey.

Is the PAC 3 in offer or the PAC 3 MSE? This is important as this upgrade will increase it's capabilites by 50%!

All missle defance systems lie.. They cant hunt if enemy missle faster than anti missle, if enemy have smart missles.. for example; no defance systems cant hunt Russian missles.. Missles Defance systems helpfulll for its producer...Why ? if Turkey buy Patriot, other countries ( firstly Usa) ll know how many Turkey bought..exp: Turkey bought 10 batteries thats mean we can hut 500 missle..if enemies lunch 1000 missle - with fake in same moment ? bye bye ?

Back
Top Bottom