What's new

London riots: Violence erupts for third day

Thats not correct for the last 30 years policies of both main political parties have been very similar and net result has been that there has been a restructuring of fiscal policy in so much as money has been transferred from poor to rich in unfair taxation for example indirect taxation is at a record 20% which effects poor far more than rich. £1 in £7 from poor goes to tax whereas its only £1 in £20 for wealthy people.

I am not quite sure(i should say i dont know) about the 1-7 and 1-20 figures you gave, but the truth is, this gov raised the tax threshold compare to what it was before, so less low income people will pay taxes, if you are on low income there is gov help and also the well off people who are earning 50k plus a year are paying half of their income as tax and they don't get working tax credit and child tax credit at all, i say this because i receive it myself, i am not a high earner, i do earn around 15k so i get the other support from the gov, although i have got problems, but the gov help is keeping my head above the water, i dont say it is absolutely enough, but what can i do, eastern Europeans come here in 100s of thousands and find job, but these rioters cant find any job? i don't know this honestly. secondly, what was the fault of those 3 poor guys who were over run by the car just because they were protecting their properties, although we should wait for the result of investigation to say more. lastly, what is the motive of those 12-18 year old who make the absolute majority of these rioters? what is their complain about? you know and i know that these so called kids never work, even the job center force them(the over 16s) to do any job and they refuse. lets be fair, they are simply loving free stuff and the excitement of all these riots. i don't see there is no social problem, i don't say we are not facing problem, but what we see today is purely unjustifiable.

i think the authorities wouldn't let the situation get out of hand so it may threaten the olympic games & if there is reason to suspect that someone's actions would have a negative impact on olymics event then the police should take action in advance.

They were British Pakistanis - RIP.

I am less than optimistic that they will get justice..The killer will walk free soon on legal grounds.
Already people are denying that her was any link between riots and the killings...
It is quite possible that he court will blame the deceased for putting their lives at risk illegally be being vigilantes.
Happens all the time in UK

i think the authorities wouldn't let the situation get out of hand so it may threaten the olympic games & if there is reason to suspect that someone's actions would have a negative impact on olymics event then the police should take action in advance.

Yes, and cameron has said that nothing is off table to keep the calm and law/order, that is good.

I am less than optimistic that they will get justice..The killer will walk free soon on legal grounds.

legal grounds? do you mean because the killer might be underage? i think they have arrested a 32 year old in connection to this incident, the police have actually treated it as murder.

legal grounds? do you mean because the killer might be underage? i think they have arrested a 32 year old in connection to this incident, the police have actually treated it as murder.

They are now playing it down...read latest news about the incident...and eventually it will be blamed on the dead or called "unfortunate"..and driver will be freed

I cant forget this incident because i was at this man's funeral...
BBC NEWS | UK | England | Lancashire | Stabbed man dies after mass brawl

He was stabbed more than a dozen times and the killer walked free

They are now playing it down...read latest news about the incident...and eventually it will be blamed on the dead or called "unfortunate"..and driver will be freed

I cant forget this incident because i was at this man's funeral...
BBC NEWS | UK | England | Lancashire | Stabbed man dies after mass brawl

He was stabbed more than a dozen times and the killer walked free

i dont know about the latest news as i came home about 1/2 hour ago, what do they say about this particular incident? do you have the link?

Back
Top Bottom