What's new

London riots: Violence erupts for third day

it is London not Karachi............why the police is letting it happen...............probably they want to bring new law against foreigners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!conspiraters

What the hell is wrong with the UK police? They are just watching the rioters break into shops & loot, letting people's businesses get destroyed, letting the violence spread to other cities. While it is commendable that the UK does not want to use force against its citizens, what about the poor shop owners & people living in their houses beaten up? If this happened in the US, these rioters would have been dealt with properly.

it is London not Karachi............why the police is letting it happen...............probably they want to bring new law against foreigners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!conspiraters

if you dont have any informaiton, please stay out of it.

What the hell is wrong with the UK police? They are just watching the rioters break into shops & loot, letting people's businesses get destroyed, letting the violence spread to other cities. While it is commendable that the UK does not want to use force against its citizens, what about the poor shop owners & people living in their houses beaten up? If this happened in the US, these rioters would have been dealt with properly.

I agree with you, but the truth is, soft laws should be blamed, not the police.

Whats the latest situation?Are you the riots still going on full scale?

Community leaders in Birmingham are working all-out to calm intense anger in the city's British Asian community over the deaths of three young men who were rammed by a carload of suspected looters.

West Midlands police arrested a man near the scene and recovered a vehicle, which forensics experts are examining. They later launched a murder inquiry.

Groups of residents in Winson Green, the inner-city area where the men were killed as they tried to protect local businesses in the early hours of Wednesday, openly warned of inter-communal violence if the murder inquiry fails to produce rapid results.

Their anger was passed on by the local Labour MP for Ladywood, Shabana Mahmood, and the Bishop of Aston, Rt Rev Anthony Watson, who joined a meeting at Dudley Road mosque, which locals claimed was on looters' hitlist of targets where money might be found. The victims, brothers Shazad and Munir Hussein, 32 and 30, and Haroon Chohan, 19, were among some 80 young men who turned out after a gang tried to ransack the nearby Jet petrol station on Monday night.

The bishop warned of possible reprisals and events "potentially having an ugly race dimension". Shortly after he spoke, a screaming and swearing African-Caribbean woman challenged a group of British Asians in a side street off Dudley Road, saying: "Your attitude is how riots start," before a friend bundled her into a car and drove off.

Another group of British Asian men said they had seen the fatal incident, which was over in seconds but saw the victims flung into the air as a black Audi rammed into them. One, who declined to give his name, said: "Of course it was deliberate. No way was it an accident. The driver went on to the pavement and rammed them. He knew what he was doing."

He said that four carloads of young African-Caribbeans had cruised down Dudley Road and there had been no doubt about what they were planning. He said that he had given evidence to the police.

"These were bright young guys we've lost," he said. "They knew the meaning of work and got themselves decent jobs. The brothers had a carwash which was another business which might have been targeted, and Haroon worked as a mechanic in a garage.

"They were well-known round here. One of them only got married in March and his wife was expecting their first child in four months' time."

The bishop said that extended families were part of a very strong network in the community – he had met Haroon's uncle and older brother – which added to the strength of feelings.

Haroon's father Jahan joined appeals for calm, holding a photograph of his son in the doorway of his home at Winson Green. He said: "He was trying to help his community and he has been killed.

"He was a very well-liked kid. I can't describe to anybody what it feels like to lose a son. He was the youngest of three, and anything I ever wanted done, I would always ask Haroon to sort it out for me.

"A day from now, maybe two days from now, the whole world will forget and nobody will care."

Calling for calm and no attempt at revenge, he said: "I don't blame the government, I don't blame the police, I don't blame nobody. It was his destiny and his fate, and now he's gone."

Birmingham riots: intense anger after deaths of three young men | UK news | guardian.co.uk

Whats the latest situation?Are you the riots still going on full scale?

In london it is calm, in other england citiess it is going on but i think very low scale and it seems to be fading away. in wales things are calm and not a single incident.

A-forensics-officer-inspe-007.jpg

A police forensics officer inspects the scene where three young British Asian men were killed by a car driven by suspected looters in the Winson Green area of Birmingham. Photograph: Darren Staples/Reuters

EAST LONDON : Mainly Turkish & Pakistani Community:

Last edited by a moderator:
A man who tried to put out a fire that was started by rioters in west London was left with life-threatening injuries after they attacked him.
Detectives are investigating the assault in Ealing, where the victim intervened to extinguish a fire started in a bin in Spring Bridge Road, near to the Arcadia shopping centre, shortly before 11pm on Monday night.

"The rioters had set a bin alight and then they jumped on him when he tried to put it out," said one witness. "They ran away when the police arrived."

"There were three police there and I was told to leave. I'd had to go all the way around the rioters to get there so I'd put a hoodie on and put the hood up and I could see them."

"I only found out later that they had jumped him. I could see he was wearing shorts and T-shirt, and he had grey hair."

Commander Simon Foy, of Scotland Yard, said: "This was quite a grave assault and [the victim's] condition is causing us some concern."

Scotland Yard said officers were in the area dealing with violent disorder when they became aware of the man, aged in his 40s or 50s, being attacked.

Commander Simon Foy, of Scotland Yard, said: "It was quite a grave assault and his condition is causing us some concern."

Officers managed to reach the man to administer first aid and then had to ensure the safety of paramedics who attended despite coming under fire from projectiles, the police said.

The road remained closed off by police as forensic teams examined the scene. Several officers in white overalls, some wearing masks, could be seen taking away plastic bags of evidence and a black bin could be seen on its side in the street.

Litter covered the pavement and road near the scene, which is close to the Christ the Saviour church in Ealing Broadway.

The witness who saw the attack added that the rioters were also "mugging customers" in a nearby restaurant.

"Customers were sitting at the tables and they were just grabbing stuff from customers," he said.

"They were 17, 18, 20 years old."

Man critically ill after being attacked during Ealing riots | UK news | The Guardian

I am not quite sure(i should say i dont know) about the 1-7 and 1-20 figures you gave, but the truth is, this gov raised the tax threshold compare to what it was before, so less low income people will pay taxes, if you are on low income there is gov help and also the well off people who are earning 50k plus a year are paying half of their income as tax and they don't get working tax credit and child tax credit at all, i say this because i receive it myself, i am not a high earner, i do earn around 15k so i get the other support from the gov, although i have got problems, but the gov help is keeping my head above the water, i dont say it is absolutely enough, but what can i do, eastern Europeans come here in 100s of thousands and find job, but these rioters cant find any job? i don't know this honestly. secondly, what was the fault of those 3 poor guys who were over run by the car just because they were protecting their properties, although we should wait for the result of investigation to say more. lastly, what is the motive of those 12-18 year old who make the absolute majority of these rioters? what is their complain about? you know and i know that these so called kids never work, even the job center force them(the over 16s) to do any job and they refuse. lets be fair, they are simply loving free stuff and the excitement of all these riots. i don't see there is no social problem, i don't say we are not facing problem, but what we see today is purely unjustifiable.

Let me give you an example. Not so long this year in fact in UK students were demonsttrating against fee increases. 25 years ago education was free and people doing a degree were paid enough to survive. Today we have fees of £9500.00 per annum and living costs so a student from a poor background may have to find £20000.00 per annum per year to fund their degree. During this last 25 years taxation has decresed significantly for the top 1% of rich in this country. Oh and btw my figures of indirect taxation ie vat effectin poor 1/7 and 1/20 figures are accurate. Yes some criminal oppurtunist bad people are taking advantage but social cohesion is breaking in UK and there is social breakdown because of govt policies at home and abroad. What biz have they got in libya?

So many people are buying the propaganda that they are spouting about just bad people etc etc nothing to with policies of govt and their way of life

Back
Top Bottom