What's new

London Olympic 2012-discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
My country ptobably has more athletes competing than your country , we are competing with 115 athletes ( not including paraolympics)how many is yours.

not at all..Football isn't crowd puller in olympic at all,because after so many matches,they would get 1 medal.olympic is all about big names,and those in which they are participating..most viewed events are swimming,track n field,gymnastics etc..very few people actually care about tournament games like football,hockey etc..
I think most of the football games have sold out actually. And the stadiums they are being held in aren't exactly small.
Either way I don't think it should be a olympic sport.

My country ptobably has more athletes competing than your country , we are competing with 115 athletes ( not including paraolympics)how many is yours.

India has 83 candidates. Azerbaizan has 53 this year. Yes, Azerbaizan is strong in many games but Boxing came in mind first. And we will be watching many games just because India is performing.

OOPPPS...you are strong in Wrestling. Fielding 11 candidates is no joke as everyone has to qualify. We have 5 only.

If you are talking about India then we have 81 athletes competing in London....We are hoping to get 6-10 medals....

India has 83 candidates. Azerbaizan has 53 this year. Yes, Azerbaizan is strong in many games but Boxing came in mind first. And we will be watching many games just because India is performing.

OOPPPS...you are strong in Wrestling. Fielding 11 candidates is no joke as everyone has to qualify. We have 5 only.

Dude we are participating with 81 athletes..

Olympics: India on a medal count - Yahoo! News India

I will be very happy if we get 4-5 medals, however with no offence I would like Pakistan to get 1-2 as well, this will be very good news for the youth of Pakistan and will be a good diversion from all the chaos it is currently getting into. Many african and south american countries use sport as a medication to get troubled kids and contribute to the society. However, with the infra India has it should win more medlas, however I think Indian's are not naturally sports minded (as society), hence the struggle.

sad..If Indian women archery team qualify in QF,which they will,they have to face Korea... :hitwall:

I think Deepika's personal event is only cheerful event for us now..though she have to face China's Fang Yuting in 1/16 elimination if she cross 1/32 elimination where she has to face Britain's Amy Oliver..if she cross 1/16,then she has relatively easier opponents to face..both Chekrovolu sweru and Bombayla devi has relatively weaker opponents to face..

if team event,they have to face Korea if they cross Denmark..damn...bad luck i must say.. :cry:

Time to kick the USA ***** at the hundred meters :P

I will be very happy if we get 4-5 medals, however with no offence I would like Pakistan to get 1-2 as well, this will be very good news for the youth of Pakistan and will be a good diversion from all the chaos it is currently getting into. Many african and south american countries use sport as a medication to get troubled kids and contribute to the society. However, with the infra India has it should win more medlas, however I think Indian's are not naturally sports minded (as society), hence the struggle.

You are right about the mindset of not taking Athletics seriously in India...But india doesn't have good infrastructural for nurturing raw talent from haryana, punjab etc....Our Athletes are infact doing a great job under the circumstances they get trained in...

In boxing we do have world class facilities and some very good coaches..Thats because of the media attention boxing got when Indian boxers started winning on world stage...

Sir, if we compare our basic infra for the numbers who get sporting facility in cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Calcutta, Ranchi and compare it with other developing Nations we are not lagging behind. It's just the mindset of Parents which does not match. Obviously I am not comparing our infra with Russia, USA, China, UK etc in that matter. Here, sport is very slowly growing up... how many people actually knew in India that there is more to football than World Cup and Beckham in Man U a decade ago?

Look at this way, when I meet people from Bihar or Easter UP I feel sport is still a taboo for them as they are the ones who still believe in becoming babu's, Police or Lawyers (even Army is not a preferred career there). One of my friends just got married and he is training his wife to become an IAS rather than letting her explore other opportunities (Though I admit she is willingly doing it)... however, our current generation is eager for sports (as much as marijuana) ... and that's a natural progression.

I still believe a sporting mindset (passion, zeal, concentration and logic) and economic backup still dominates the sporting arena... sporting Infra is a necessity not a need... I meet soo many National footballers (Chetris father who is @ Baroda is known to me) and his basic mindset of football is not fame but to get a job in a central place like RBI or ONGC... this is a fact, however when I see the way the youngesters now play basketball and football at the adjacent park, I am like thank god!

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

You are right about the mindset of not taking Athletics seriously in India...But india doesn't have good infrastructural for nurturing raw talent from haryana, punjab etc....Our Athletes are infact doing a great job under the circumstances they get trained in...

In boxing we do have world class facilities and some very good coaches..Thats because of the media attention boxing got when Indian boxers started winning on world stage...

Wish I could go to London Olympics like Beijing 2008, Best of luck to the athletes.

Just 5 minutes to go for the opening ceremony. Don't think they will be able to match Beijing. Beijing was the most unique and incredible show I have ever seen, except for the part when Jimmy Page was playing Wanna Whole Lotta Love, the crowd response wasn't great to that. Here Danny Boyle is the director, let's see what he does.

Edit: Oh I just remembered that Jimmy Page part was closing ceremony :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom