What's new

London Olympic 2012-discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one more thread on India's olympic dreams.
Request Mods to merge the threads.

actually i don't made it for India,its actually for all the members in PDF and their updates pf medal tally and other updates of Olympic,not only for India..but...whatever MOD's wish..

Individual ranking round....Tarundeep Rai 31, Rahul Banerjee 46, Jayanta Talukdar 53......So they will face no.34, no.19 and no.12 respectively. Hope they will do better in 1:1 format. The Koreans occupied top three positions ...one of them setting a new World Record.

The Women will start after some times.....High expectation from Deepika Kumari (World ranking 1) & Co as they are ranked no 2 as a team.

PS: Mangal Singh Champia came second in the Individual Ranking round in Olympic 2008 but he was eliminated before QF.

Indian men's archery team had a disappointing start finishing last in the qualification round in team event. India will play japan who finished 5th for a place in QF . top 4 teams directly qualify for QF.

what about individual event??and from where you got this info??

Best of luck to 10 olympians from northeast india and all other athletes...

Individual ranking round....Tarundeep Rai 31, Rahul Banerjee 46, Jayanta Talukdar 53......So they will face no.34, no.19 and no.12 respectively. Hope they will do better in 1:1 format. The Koreans occupied top three positions ...one of them setting a new World Record.

The Women will start after some times.....High expectation from Deepika Kumari (World ranking 1) & Co as they are ranked no 2 as a team.

PS: Mangal Singh Champia came second in the Individual Ranking round in Olympic 2008 but he was eliminated before QF.

did DD Sports start broadcasting on this event??

did DD Sports start broadcasting on this event??

Not yet. Just google ...india archery....you will get live update. Women's event has not started yet I think.

Thanks God, the boys wont have to face the Koreans in next round. Only that bit is a good news :D

Not yet. Just google ...india archery....you will get live update. Women's event has not started yet I think.

Thanks God, the boys wont have to face the Koreans in next round. Only that bit is a good news :D

he he..silver lining..yup..i found that..women will be underway from 5.30..hope they would do better,specially deepika Kumari.. :tup:

Reactions: sab

The Korean guy who came first, and also made a new world record is legally blind :woot:

1303034_M01.jpg

World Record for Im Dong Hyun in the men's Archery

Im Dong Hyun of Korea celebrates breaking the World Record during the Archery men's individual ranking round as part of the London 2012 Olympic Games at Lord's Cricket Ground on 27 July 2012. Im Dong-hyun, who is legally blind, broke his own 72-arrow mark of 696 by three points and was also part of a record in the Team shoot.

Alongside Kim Bubmin and Oh Jin-hyek he helped register a 216-arrow total of 2,087 - smashing the world record by 18 points.

Olympics is boring , who watches people doing high jumps or something , probably the most important will be football and basketball.

Olympics is boring , who watches people doing high jumps or something , probably the most important will be football and basketball.

not at all..Football isn't crowd puller in olympic at all,because after so many matches,they would get 1 medal.olympic is all about big names,and those in which they are participating..most viewed events are swimming,track n field,gymnastics etc..very few people actually care about tournament games like football,hockey etc..

If your country is performing you will find even Ludo or Chinese Checker interesting. At least it is the case for me. If you are from Azerbaizan, you have some good guys in boxing. Cheer for them.

Archery Ranking Round-

Deepika Kumari 8 (in first half she was in 18th position; second half in 2nd position)
Bombayala Devi 22
Chekravolu Swuru 50

Team Position 9th.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom