What's new

London 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal of the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only way of having these bunch of suckers to pay the price is to have them apologize in public and not to let them get away easily! The effect of having them apologize also register a point that 1. they admit their mistake 2. that put a dent on their own career 3. shut the fvck up next time around and use theirs head before commenting anything stupid

They owe that Ye that's for sure. First of all Ye had been tested many times before the Olympics started. Then when she broke a record suspicion came from that coach. FINE... have the IOC redo the test but don't blow this news up and turn it into world headlines. Then IOC has spoken... Ye is innocent, what does the sport editor do? reignite the story and warning us again about the controversial performances.
Now what does smarta$$ gambit do? He claims me for being making every suspicion a racist case..... People read my posts and clear my name. This guy and that American coach love to accuse people.

the only way of having these bunch of suckers to pay the price is to have them apologize in public and not to let them get away easily! The effect of having them apologize also register a point that 1. they admit their mistake 2. that put a dent on their own career 3. shut the fvck up next time around and use theirs head before commenting anything stupid

They owe that to Ye that's for sure. First of all Ye had been tested many times before the Olympics started. Then when she broke a record suspicion came from that coach. FINE... have the IOC redo the test but don't blow this news up and turn it into world headlines. Then IOC has spoken... Ye is innocent, what does the sport editor do? reignite the story and warning us again about the controversial performances.
Now what does smarta$$ gambit do? He claims me for being making every suspicion a racist case..... People read my posts and clear my name. This guy and that American coach love to accuse people.

Ho,ho,ho...

China has too many talents in badminton and table tennis. Disqualifying a few handfuls doesn’t matter!

Remember some Chinese American table tennis kids couched by Chinese champions may also be in London. Wondering how they are fairing...

the disqualification is rather stupid I think.

Usain Bolts. Michael Phelps, Lochte. Federer and all the top athletes and teams tend to reserve and conserve smartly their best energy for the final contests, ALL of them. In the strictest sense they are unsportsman as well because they are not performing at the best of their efforts! Like in football when you are leading the other team by 12-0 in the first half, will you still keep on scoring until 2 dozens? Is that unsportsman like?

Sergey Bubka is the widely disputed multiple champions in pole vaulting who conserved and calibrated his winning margins to get more golds and more world records and a lot more prize money!

The fact that most of the time the record he improved was his own demonstrates his absolute dominance in the event. Exactly how high he could have jumped at his best is unknown: because of the large prizes on offer from event promoters for breaking world records, the majority of his world record attempts were made at 1 cm higher than the existing record, and once achieved, he would not attempt another record jump until the next opportunity to collect a prize, even after a substantial clearance showing he could have achieved a higher height.

wikipedia

China's Zhang Jike crowned Olympic champion

English.news.cn 2012-08-02 23:48:47

131757448_171n.jpg

Zhang Jike of China holds Chinese national flag after winning in men's table tennis singles final match against Wang Hao of China, at London 2012 Olympic Games in London, Britain, on August 2, 2012. Zhang Jike of China won gold medal. (Xinhua/Li Gang)

LONDON, Aug. 2 (Xinhua) -- Number one seed Zhang Jike defeated teammate Wang Hao in an all-Chinese final on Thursday, winning the Olympic men's table tennis singles gold medal.

With the gold medal, Zhang, 24, became the first male player in history who won the World Championship and the Olympic Games back to back.

Zhang won the match 18-16, 11-5, 11-6, 10-12 and 13-11.

Number two seed Wang, 27, was World Champion in men's singles in 2009. He won silver medal at the Athens 2004 and the Beijing 2008.

It was also the 22nd Olympic gold medal that China won in table tennis since the sport was introduced at the 1988 Seoul Games.

Germany's Dimitrij Ovtcharov beat Chuang Chih-Yuan from Chinese Taipei 12-10, 9-11, 8-11, 13-11, 11-5 and 14-12, winning Germany's second Olympic medal in men's singles in history.

xinhuanet

London_podium.jpg

The US is coming closer & closer near China.

Ho,ho,ho...

China has too many talents in badminton and table tennis. Disqualifying a few handfuls doesn’t matter!

Remember some Chinese American table tennis kids couched by Chinese champions may also be in London. Wondering how they are fairing...

we have a huge surplus of talents in diving t/t and badminton. that is why the international federations of these sports are trying to restrict our sweeping collection of all the medals in major events like the Olympics by changing rules etc

I dont know how the Chinese coaches are faring with Foreign born Chinese kids. But I saw on tv there are our diving coaches in the ozies women diving team and may be some others, a Chinese coach in the us women gymnastics, and a lot more Chinese export t/t and badminton players representing their adopted countries like Singapore, Holland, France ...They all come from our atheletic system!

There were 302 gold medals in 2008 Olympic from Answer.com and waiting for an answer for 2012.

If this year's gold medals have similar numbers, 35 might not be enough to win since the US will have a bunch coming from track & field.

In LONDON 2012, there are also 302 events. 2016 will see a change in events.

So far 88 golds have been awarded.

I believe after 8/4 to the end of the game US and Russia will move very fast in Gold counts, as track & fields will kick in.

Japan is disappointing so far in terms of Gold. Looks like a financially busted country will indeed gets hurt in sports.

SK behaves as usual... I believe it will be run-up in this Olympic in Asia. I miss that self-assumed"Korean". She evaporates to nowhere, as perhaps India is not worthy hailing in Olympics for her. LOL!

Russia is also disappointing so far.

NK performs amazingly exceptional. Though believed to have starvation there, looks like starvation in the democracy giant in the south is far unrelenting than NK's.

:lol:

Tang Yi gets a Bronze in women 100m freestyle! our 5th

Img349624760.jpg

Congratulations!

Go China! :china:

The US has caught up with the golds, and have more in total of medals.

The US is sweeping golds everyday through swimming, which is pretty crazy. And starting from tomorrow's Track and Field events, the US will be all over on those golds.

It's sad to hear that they've cut so many medals for the sports that China is good at :(

we have a huge surplus of talents in diving t/t and badminton. that is why the international federations of these sports are trying to restrict our sweeping collection of all the medals in major events like the Olympics. This time, the t/t only have men's singles and team, women's singles and team. 4 golds maximum. Before, they had singles men and women, doubles men and women, mixed doubles men and women. so we are cut by 2 golds and 2 silvers at least.

I dont know how the Chinese coaches are faring with Foreign born Chinese kids. But I saw on tv there are our diving coaches in the ozies women diving team and may be some others, a Chinese coach in the us women gymnastics, and a lot more Chinese export t/t and badminton players representing their adopted countries like Singapore, Holland, France ...They all come from our atheletic system!

There are many Chinese sports talents outside of China from mainland.

I remember reading an article particularly about those coaches. For table tennis, there is no such environment in North America compared with that in China. To raise a good table tennis player, many same or better players are needed to fight with him/her, each of those better or same good one is to mimic the style and technique of your perceived opponents, with coaches studying and researching each of these opponents and figuring out techniques and strategies ... very much like planning a battle or a war.

N. America simply doesn’t have that environment. So it doesn’t matter how good those coaches are, the results are not ideal. In fact, table tennis is a sport being ridiculed by most Americans as basement sports.

BTW, I just checked. Ariel Hsing's, much loved by Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, was out the 2nd day in the game, beaten by Li Xiaoxia who sits 112 places ahead of her in the world rankings. http://www.london2012.com/news/articles/day-review-hsing-exits-chinese-enter.html

PS. WOW! I hit 4000 posts. LOL! :lol:

There are many Chinese sports talents outside of China from mainland.

I remember reading an article particularly about those coaches. For table tennis, there is no such environment in North America compared with that in China. To raise a good table tennis player, many same or better players are needed to fight with him/her, each of those better or same good one is to mimic the style and technique of your perceived opponents, with coaches studying and researching each of these opponents and figuring out techniques and strategies ... very much like planning a battle or a war.

N. America simply doesn’t have that environment. So it doesn’t matter how good those coaches are, the results are not ideal. In fact, table tennis is a sport being ridiculed by most Americans as basement sports.

BTW, I just checked. Ariel Hsing's, much loved by Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, was out the 2nd day in the game, beaten by Li Xiaoxia who sits 112 places ahead of her in the world rankings. http://www.london2012.com/news/articles/day-review-hsing-exits-chinese-enter.html

PS. WOW! I hit 4000 posts. LOL! :lol:

North America doent have a t/t nor badminton sports culture. Money is not there. Europe is better at those. Denmark is strong in badminton. Germany in t/t. In Europe, they have professional t/t leagues which is well developed!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Champions_League_(table_tennis)
http://www.ettu.org/

Congratulations on your attaining the 4000 posting mark!

In LONDON 2012, there are also 302 events. 2016 will see a change in events.

So far 88 golds have been awarded.

I believe after 8/4 to the end of the game US and Russia will move very fast in Gold counts, as track & fields will kick in.

Japan is disappointing so far in terms of Gold. Looks like a financially busted country will indeed gets hurt in sports.

SK behaves as usual... I believe it will be run-up in this Olympic in Asia. I miss that self-assumed"Korean". She evaporates to nowhere, as perhaps India is not worthy hailing in Olympics for her. LOL!

Russia is also disappointing so far.

NK performs amazingly exceptional. Though believed to have starvation there, looks like starvation in the democracy giant in the south is far unrelenting than NK's.

:lol:

Surprised Russia has so few medals at this time, of course there is still plenty of time to catch up.

Looks like China and the US are pretty much stealing the show though.

Come on guy's China can still win many medals - keep the faith, I still believe China will have more gold medals than the Yanks by the end of the games.

US is champion in track and field.... if you remember i did told that this olympic china wont be at top.... by the way what spot england at? i heard they loosing many medals? They even declared their pm as bad luck because in any event he comes the brits lose the medal....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom