What's new

Lollywood losing lustre

man y r u so fussed with the name. lolly is no worse then holly or bolly.... where is dolly???

it might have been to do with the name of the city they are based at

bollywood - bombay
lollywood - lahore

Thnx Karachi people are soo happy always about this. That lollywood type fil industry not belongs to karachi :rofl:

well to be honest lollywood can never compete with bollywood. we are not very open society and religious values are still given enough attention. you know the terms used for lollywood actresses in pakistan, dont you?
in india, on the other hand, you get respect for dancing and showing off your sex. can that ever happen in pakistan, islamisation or no islamisation? in 60s to 80s indian society was quite similar to ours but they changed a lot from 90s onward.
here in pakistan, families cant even think of marrying within lollywood families. correct me if i am wrong. in india its quite opposite.
a proof of wat i am saying is our music industry which is far better than indias in my view. only bec you dont have to defy your religious limits.

U think bollywood is popular because it sells sex??

And how on earth u arrive at the conclusion that ur music industry is better than bollywood??
Care to explain....

In a conservation estimate bollywood music would be 10 times bigger than ur music industry and produces some more than couple hundreds of movie music albums which are very popular even in pakistan.

And how on earth u arrive at the conclusion that ur music industry is better than bollywood??
Care to explain....

In a conservation estimate bollywood music would be 10 times bigger than ur music industry and produces some more than couple hundreds of movie music albums which are very popular even in pakistan.

Maybe because most of Bollywood's singers are from Pakistan. :bunny:

Why would Pakistan have named their film industry Lollywood?

I mean seriously, come on..

I thought the name Bollywood was stupid, but Lollywood here takes the cake.
Bollywood came out of Bombay, Lollywood came out of Lahore.

I personally think the industry is improving quality wise, I've watched at least 2 films per year in the past 2-3 years. Before that in the Sultan Rahi days, we'd just watch Maula Jatt for some laughs.

Care to explain....

yes i think so. all i hear from my indian friends is that have u checked out the new actresses. oooo she looks so hot. no no she doesnt, this other one is much hotter. no actually this one is lookin so only bec of make up. no come on man how can u say that. i have seen her in a shopping store in dubai and she was.............. :disagree:
and then we move on to which actor has done more work on his muscles..... :lol:

just open TOI and scroll down and all ull find is sex information. how to do it etc etc... now where is that coming from?? obviously thats bollywood effect. may be im going a bit over board but u sounded so lik as if i have committed an evil sin by using the word sex

and yes i find our music industry to be much better than yours. will u beat me for my views....:hang2:

Bollywood came out of Bombay, Lollywood came out of Lahore.

Nope Bollywood came out of Hollywood its Bambiya version of Hollywood. Not so sure whats Lollywood even Telgu film industry based out of Hyderabad called as Lollywood It was doing prettygood wrt Hindi film industry.

and yes i find our music industry to be much better than yours. will u beat me for my views....:hang2:

I think you might be referring to singers rather than industry as a whole. When we say industry, India is surely ahead by every standard be it audience, money involved, headcount etc.

Now focus on singers. Sure there are many Pakistani singers however to say "most of the singers in Bollywood is from Pakistan" is bit much. There is no name worth mentioning in female section. In male area, Indian singer's count are more than Pakistani counterparts.

Also Indian music style is more diverse in nature (because of geography). So we accept and appreciate Pakistani singers but to say you are better is a myth IMO.

yes i think so. all i hear from my indian friends is that have u checked out the new actresses. oooo she looks so hot. no no she doesnt, this other one is much hotter. no actually this one is lookin so only bec of make up. no come on man how can u say that. i have seen her in a shopping store in dubai and she was.............. :disagree:
and then we move on to which actor has done more work on his muscles..... :lol:

just open TOI and scroll down and all ull find is sex information. how to do it etc etc... now where is that coming from?? obviously thats bollywood effect. may be im going a bit over board but u sounded so lik as if i have committed an evil sin by using the word sex

No,its all about money.
Bollywood is worth some thousand crores.
Movies like "3idiots" make 300cr at the box office (worldwide).
Bollywood actors charge in crs as signing amount for every moviethey act in.

They have become part of politics ,fashion,sports(IPL) etc

If u make that kind of money ,u surely attact lots attention ,get news space ,fill pages in magazine and become part of public consumption,just like the case with Hollywood celebrity.

While in Lollywood,there is no money.
dont tell me sex in bollywood,Ur movies also wreak vulgarity ,but they lack in sleekness or production values that bollywood can attain.So in absence of money , i suppose they get less attention and respect.

Dont talk about physical beauties of Bollywood actresses,some of them are international beauty pageant such as Miss word or Miss Universe winners.

And that Pakistani music industry thing ,I've indicated its purely personal whimsical Fancy .U have no logical reasons or facts to back up Ur assertions .

@ajpirzada
well to be honest lollywood can never compete with bollywood=Agree(even now we are trying to compete with Hollywood )
we are not very open society and religious values are still given enough attention=Agree(this is a main reason)
in india, on the other hand, you get respect for dancing and showing off your sex.=disagree
ohh comon sir does't expect this nonsence from you..here it is consider a social taboo too.:bounce:

a proof of wat i am saying is our music industry which is far better than indias in my view=disagree(we are much more diverse in every aspect than you):bounce:

bollywood is nothing but a pile of sh1t, it doesnt produce a single good movie, some of them which are good are copies of hollywood.

lollywood should not try to follow bollywood, it can learn from meaningful pak dramas and inject some young talents this this single handedly in short time would turn lollywood in its favour and dump bollywood. it doesnt need to use bollywood stuff to compete it.

if it was such a sit then why are you seeing it nobody is forcing you to see.(ek to aap hamari film chori karke dekhte ho i mean from net or pirated CD/DVD and then again blame bhi karte ho shame shame.:rofl:) and if you don't see than how can you now that it does't produce good film:P

Last edited:
our film industry is as stupid as its name .. lollywood .. lol , our dramas are good , we need more creative minds in the film industries guess its the mullahs why no one wants to invest. but seriously this name should be changed to some thing else from Lollywood.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom