What's new

Lollywood losing lustre

:pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:

none of ur aggressive arguments made me change my view.
about our music industry i still believe ours is more flourishing than yours. if you wanna talk in term of quantity and headcount and revenue well then even a maruti sold in india is better than a civic sold in pakistan.

meanwhile enjoy this song. and next time when you go watch an indian movie, do note for how long will the camera be focused on girls *** during songs which are 1/3rd of an indian movie.

:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
havent watched a bollywood movie in last seven years. They're songs are good, other than that nothing special, was gonna watch 3 idiots, a friend told me that it was a remake of italian movie.

CENTRAL/S.ASIA
Lollywood losing lustre

In its heyday during the 1970s and 80s, the film industry based in the city of Lahore churned an estimated 200 films per year, but now it produces a much smaller fraction of that.

This is an over exaggerated number.. Lollywood never produced 200 films per year.. The maximum number of Pakistani movies produced in any given Year was 114 in 1974. (Source: Yasin Gardeja Film Directory and Pakistani Cinema)

about our music industry i still believe ours is more flourishing than yours.

You are entitled to your opinion like everyone else. Just like Indians are entitled to assume "our music" is better. But while making the analysis, please state the scope. Like I said previously, you need to clarify if you mean Bollywood or all Indian music. Although I still feel it is subjective, I would like to know the distinction before you say anything. And when you say Pakistani music, are you including folk and classical or just the pop singers?

Hollywood than bollywood than lollywood and than Dhallywood!!!:rofl:

about our music industry i still believe ours is more flourishing than yours. if you wanna talk in term of quantity and headcount and revenue well then even a maruti sold in india is better than a civic sold in pakistan.

meanwhile enjoy this song. and next time when you go watch an indian movie, do note for how long will the camera be focused on girls *** during songs which are 1/3rd of an indian movie.
YouTube- Bebo song - Kambakkht Ishq
hahaha. Amazing thing that i've noticed is, that when im watching TV or something, if there are half-naked desi girls on the screen dancing their azzes off, my parents dont say a thing! lol

For example, I could watch this and they wouldn't say a thing:

Buttt if it's a white-only song, they start yelling at me LOL :chilli:

YouTube- Bebo song - Kambakkht Ishq
:wave:

I think that classical music in Pakistan is WOW....and I feel a lot has to do with the Sufi influence.

I recently heard some songs from Coke studios and I have become a fan instantly....Im yet to see something of this callibre in India....

Ill agree with you there....Pakistani singers are quality....but they lack the marketing that India excels at.....

Its all about packaging and marketing, two things that no one can do better than India. Music is a relative subject, what I like you don’t like and what you like I don’t like. South Asian music in general has no parallel in the world. Music in amazing on both sides of the border but to say that one is better than the other is totally wrong. If you have Nusrat Saab, we have Rafi Saab, comparisons are meaningless.

FYI Pakistanis,
we in India also have Tollywood and Kollywood:hitwall:
so dont feel that bad. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom