What's new

Lollywood losing lustre

man they should just close this kanjarkhana...establish acadamies, encourage theater ( not the frikin mujra )..somethin classy ya kno ?

Well I don't know much about Pakistan's movie or entertainment industry but in the past have been close to the Indian entertainment industry, the people in our entertainment industry probably work the most and hardest, tons more than in any other field be it manufacturing, IT, service or any other.

It all starts with infrastructure and education with world class training schools for actors, editors, directors, technicians, script writers etc etc. One would be surprise to find out how much work from world over is done in India cause it's cheap and quality is on par let it be documentaries, ads, serials, soaps, animation and all in between and after all this comes the cash part but I guess the human resource part is more important than the $$ part anyday

Fun fact:

If it wasn't for Zia ul Haq's pointless Sharia-ization of Pakistan, Lollywood would be neck and neck with Bollywood.

Another fun fact:

Shaan lives down the street from my house in Pakistan. He has awesome guard dogs.

nothing happened after 1988 , the time zia was off the presidents post????

well to be honest lollywood can never compete with bollywood. we are not very open society and religious values are still given enough attention. you know the terms used for lollywood actresses in pakistan, dont you?
in india, on the other hand, you get respect for dancing and showing off your sex. can that ever happen in pakistan, islamisation or no islamisation? in 60s to 80s indian society was quite similar to ours but they changed a lot from 90s onward.
here in pakistan, families cant even think of marrying within lollywood families. correct me if i am wrong. in india its quite opposite.
a proof of wat i am saying is our music industry which is far better than indias in my view. only bec you dont have to defy your religious limits.

I think you all are exposed to only Bollywood music, which is not the only music industry in India. Some of India's best music directors compose in languages other than Hindi but I get your point. Industry-wise, we are definitely better, else your singers would never come to Bollywood. Talent and melody-wise, well that is subjective as you have stated. And I may be dumb in asking this, but isn't music also anti-Islam in the strict sense?

nothing happened after 1988 , the time zia was off the presidents post????

After 1988, illiterates and retards dominated the movie industry with their mujra's and whatnot.

Only good Pakistani movie that I have watched is Khuda Key Liye and Ramchand Pakistani.

Drama serials are undoubtedly better than India's at least. :)

After 1988, illiterates and retards dominated the movie industry with their mujra's and whatnot.

Only good Pakistani movie that I have watched is Khuda Key Liye and Ramchand Pakistani.

Ive seen khuda ke liye .. liked it a lot.

and about dramas.. these serials are meant for regional Indian viewers, there are drama/serials in Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Bengali, Malayalam, etc etc its like more than 25 languages of serials are aired which are meant for that particular regions interests, so an Indian serial may not be appealing to a Pakistani viewer with its khandan setups and usual cries, but it keeps coming back because the womenfolk of Hindi speaking regions love it.

I guess you are referring startv saas-bahu serials. Well they are as bad as one can imagine.

I agree you have got good serials (ex: bakra kisto me), however you statement says you have not seen good ones from India.

I do not want to prove X vs Y thing. Just to put our serials are not bad as it is largely perceived.

I guess you are referring startv saas-bahu serials. Well they are as bad as one can imagine.

I agree you have got good serials (ex: bakra kisto me), however you statement says you have not seen good ones from India.

I do not want to prove X vs Y thing. Just to put our serials are not bad as it is largely perceived.
Hi,
some Indian serials remind of English soaps like Bold & the beautiful, Fashion House, All my children etc having too many characters, owners of enterprises worth in billions, sabotage, one or two evil people trying to sabotage especially implicate a poor & very modest girl or a boy, people getting married many a times, and dead people coming back to life with new faces..... tell me if i am wrong :azn:
anyways when we watch TV we try to relate to the characters & some times start likening actors a lot but i have felt that Pakistani celebs are extremely arrogant i don't know about Indians, so we are better off watching English movies and series

^^^

There are certainly serials which match with the description you gave. However there are different many which could be terms as good.

For examples, Vyomkesh Bakshi, Surabhi, Chanakya, Office Office, Shriman Shrimati etc. Anyways, since this is not point of discussion, we should leave those.

Indian serials are crap, no doubt about that. But somehow they do appeal to women on both sides of the border!

And as for Indian film industry, please note that Bollywood is NOT the only film industry in India. There are Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Malayalam and a few other movie industries as well. And they all produce their share of good and bad movies.

Bollywood is becoming more westernised, but doesn't mean it sells itself on sex. Anyone who watched 'My Name is Khan', Lagaan etc will see that Bollywood does produce classy movies. But yes, it does produce a lot of crappy movies, but then, so does every movie industry!

Bollywood has become more westernised because of increasing demand outside India for bollywood movies. Doesn't mean india is liek Bollywood. While a small sect of pseudo-modern youth do follow bollywood culture, most Indians retain their culture and heritage. You will hardly find any 'sexy' non-bollywood Indian movie.

So guys, don't assume bollywood represents India. India does have other film industries that are doing well.

well to be honest lollywood can never compete with bollywood. we are not very open society and religious values are still given enough attention. you know the terms used for lollywood actresses in pakistan, dont you?
in india, on the other hand, you get respect for dancing and showing off your sex. can that ever happen in pakistan, islamisation or no islamisation? in 60s to 80s indian society was quite similar to ours but they changed a lot from 90s onward.
here in pakistan, families cant even think of marrying within lollywood families. correct me if i am wrong. in india its quite opposite.
a proof of wat i am saying is our music industry which is far better than indias in my view. only bec you dont have to defy your religious limits.

sir, how are you saying Pakistan music is superior

have you heard Tamil,Malayalam(kerala) songs. . . btw i hear pakistani songs it's diffrent and nice

lollywood i think should improve its video quality first so movies could be made worth watching. and also movies should be more educational based, rather then some third class punjabi romantic movies.:sniper::pop:

pakistanis must listen all forms of indian music... i think they have only heard only hindi bollywood music... but that do not represent music from all india..

there music form northeast, south etc... which has good quality....

earlier there was only romantic movies in bollywood... but now things have changed.. they are making movies on every theme....

lollywood may also get improved some day... or may be there some day that only one industry may dominate both the countries...

Talents are always welcomed in India with great affection and respect...:cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom